Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > ETC. Forums > Other Off-Roading Vehicles

Old 10-01-2003, 02:18 PM
Hummer Expert

Buckeye Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>However, if you truly believe that the level of trails that you can conquer in a stock ANYTHING would classify as extreme, you need to take some of that coin that you dropped on the station wagon and buy a clue. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well Dave this is the second post of yours I read, which surprised me because the first was rather sincere and benign in nature. The statement above IMO is a dig and is inconsistent with your first. Here's the deal: we know that modified trail rigs are capable of extreme trails, which an H2 is not, however, I am confident that others look at your rig and probably have something even more extreme. Where does it end? You seem like an intelligent business owner so I must ask why you would come to an H2 site? I just don't get it. Here's my analogy: I'm an Ohio State fan and have been for my entire life. I would never venture over to the Michigan forum to talk about how they aren't good fans (in reference to your first post, which made a generalization) and maybe they should do this or that because that is passing judgement, which drives me nuts. It's fun to hang with the Ohio State folks because we all get along and have an understanding of Ohio State football ergo the need for Ohio State forums. Outsiders just don't get how important it is to us and we don't ask them to.

So the same deal goes for Hummers. This is my experience. I own a HUMMER, it's better than any truck out there (just like Ohio State should be ranked #1 not #3). I wouldn't own anything else but most important, I have no need to venture to outside groups to talk about my Hummer because others feel just as strongly about their vehicles.

So as far as I'm concerned anyone is welcome to enter this forum just like any advertiser can call my house at odd hours to try to sell me things but then again, that's why I signed up for the do not call list

BTW, we did the white mountain run as Hummer run. Yes, we invited other trucks along and none of them showed. We did have one towny in a taco follow us at the very end on the dirt access roads and actually try to pick a fight with Steve R. I watched the entire thing go down. Steve successfully de-fused the situation by complementing the taco in sincerity (not allowing the taco owner to escalate). Finally the taco owner made a few lewd comments under his breath at Steve and left. All of this is amazing to me!

Good luck with your 4 wheel adventures!

Jason
Old 10-01-2003, 07:13 PM

SuperPoser is off the scale

JRT,

what yota do ya have?
have pics?

check out my webshots page for pics of my rigs...

http://www.eng.ysu.edu/~melliott/hobbies.htm
Old 10-01-2003, 08:47 PM

Weasel is off the scale

Well truth be told Toyotas and Hummers sucks. Jeeps are the best. :flipoff2:

Now that I settled that, you guys need to step back and look at this in a big picture. There will always be someone that is better then you. For the wheeling abilites of an H2 I have never seen one so I don't know but there are alot of modified rigs(Suzuki, Jeep, Toyota, Buggies) that will walk all over you. Buying an expensive H2 doesn't mean its the best ever made. Granted this is your guys forum so like ?Steve? said there is some home team spirit. Thats all fine but I think it would be god to remember what else is really out there. The ego does bad things for the image of hummer owners. Most wheelers consider hummer owners to be idiots because of this images. Granted that is not so with any vehicle. It doesn't help your guys image with the rest of the wheeling compunity.

There are some one here that have showen themsleves to be bright people in realizing that their rigs isn't the ultimate 4x4 machine, but work well for their purpose. For those that still believe their stock H2 can hang with modified Toyota's, Jeep's, Suzuki's lets go wheeling. Know your limits, I know mine.

Black Hills of South Dakota: with pics of course!

Kong/Fullsize

DTC

Hall Johns

T-Back/Bikini

Hangman

The other evil - Jeep
Old 10-02-2003, 12:23 AM

JRT is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Buckeye Hummer:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>However, if you truly believe that the level of trails that you can conquer in a stock ANYTHING would classify as extreme, you need to take some of that coin that you dropped on the station wagon and buy a clue. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well Dave this is the second post of yours I read, which surprised me because the first was rather sincere and benign in nature. The statement above IMO is a dig and is inconsistent with your first. Here's the deal: we know that modified trail rigs are capable of extreme trails, which an H2 is not, however, I am confident that others look at your rig and probably have something even more extreme. Where does it end? You seem like an intelligent business owner so I must ask why you would come to an H2 site? I just don't get it. Here's my analogy: I'm an Ohio State fan and have been for my entire life. I would never venture over to the Michigan forum to talk about how they aren't good fans (in reference to your first post, which made a generalization) and maybe they should do this or that because that is passing judgement, which drives me nuts. It's fun to hang with the Ohio State folks because we all get along and have an understanding of Ohio State football ergo the need for Ohio State forums. Outsiders just don't get how important it is to us and we don't ask them to.

So the same deal goes for Hummers. This is my experience. I own a HUMMER, it's better than any truck out there (just like Ohio State should be ranked #1 not #3). I wouldn't own anything else but most important, I have no need to venture to outside groups to talk about my Hummer because others feel just as strongly about their vehicles.

So as far as I'm concerned anyone is welcome to enter this forum just like any advertiser can call my house at odd hours to try to sell me things but then again, that's why I signed up for the do not call list

BTW, we did the white mountain run as Hummer run. Yes, we invited other trucks along and none of them showed. We did have one towny in a taco follow us at the very end on the dirt access roads and actually try to pick a fight with Steve R. I watched the entire thing go down. Steve successfully de-fused the situation by complementing the taco in sincerity (not allowing the taco owner to escalate). Finally the taco owner made a few lewd comments under his breath at Steve and left. All of this is amazing to me!

Good luck with your 4 wheel adventures!

Jason<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Quick and to the point.

I ventured in here on a lark because I saw a cross post by Steve R about the Discos, I don't think poorly of Hummers nor do I think that my rig is the "most extreme" either.

My first post was on the Disco thread where I sincerely brought up a trial ride with diverse vehicles. My second was here after reading this entire thread and a few others and honestly getting pretty fed up with the generalizations made about non-hummer owners. Sorry for making my own generalizations.

In addition, I personally like diversity. I would much rather go wheeling with 5 different rigs than all the same.

But I think I've found the true root cause as to why we are taking offense with each other....

Go Blue, Hail to the Victors

jk see you on the trail.

d
Old 10-02-2003, 12:31 AM

JRT is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MikeE:
JRT,

what yota do ya have?
have pics?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mike,
I quite possibly have the ugliest Toy on the planet It is a purpose built 86 runner that I SAS'd and chopped up with a full internal/external cage. I run 4" AP springs with a single 4.7 Tcase. Locked F and R with 5.29's. I used to be fullbodied with a CanBack softtop out back and believe it or not, a real clean and straight body. After running the Hammers for a couple of years, that went out the window. I broke out the sawzall and now have a rig that I can flop or roll without any concerns (actually quite liberating). I'll post pics in a few.

d
Old 10-02-2003, 12:42 AM

JRT is off the scale

Here is my rig in its current form. Telling me its ugly won't phase me in the least, I already know that. I built it to protect my wife and kid in case of a severe roll. The cage works - tested over 30 times
Attached Images

Old 10-02-2003, 12:44 AM

JRT is off the scale

another
Attached Images

Old 10-02-2003, 12:48 AM

JRT is off the scale

last for now
Attached Images

Old 10-02-2003, 02:00 AM

jrt,
dang, thats hella cool!

mayby I was too much in a hurry to see the pics and missed it, but what engine do you have?

I have an '86 runner, with the 22re??? turbo (whatever the letters are)

it does pretty well...
I've got a lockrite in the front, and craftsman locker in the rear...
and 5.29 gears greatly helped!!!!

I'de love to sas, but I am not that good with mechnical stuff... (I'm an electrical engineer...lol)

did you do a fuel cell conversion to your runner?
I need to do something like that...
I hate the way the gas take hangs below the frame, darn mechanical engineers... they don't know how to design anything... jk

Old 10-02-2003, 02:36 AM

JRT is off the scale

You have a 22RET, I have the regular old 22RE, 4 banger with EFI. Gears are everything. The only thing I've added to the rig since those pics are a set of MRT 36 Bolt Beadlocks

You know Mike, I've got an extra front housing and I've been looking for another SAS to do

d
Old 10-17-2003, 11:02 PM

JRT,

sorry for the really late reply, I've been really busy, and computers have been down for a wile...

when ya wanta sas my runner, and how much ya charge for it?

help me out... extra front housing?
I'm not the best automotive mechanic ... lol
but my new bumper is finished, and I should have the winch on tomorow ;o)

later,
Mike

Old 10-18-2003, 06:46 AM

JRT is off the scale

Well since I typed that, I let a buddies GF drive my junk and she cracked my front housing in half

But front axles are easy to find.

If your serious, you need to start going down the shopping list.

Front Axle complete $150
Crossover Hysteer $400
Spring Hanger and Shackles $230

You need springs which can run you anywhere from free to $300. They're free if you make a hybrid pack out of your exisiting rears.

If you're 5.29 in the rear, you need to regear the front so your looking at $140 for the gears plus $80 for the install kit. I can have my gear guy hook you up on the install.

Front Shaft for ~$150

And if you lift the front, you'll probably need to lift the rear. Anywhere from $100-$350.

You are looking in the range of $1500 for parts. If you that doesn't scare you away, drop me a line because labor would be a fraction of the cost of parts.

d
Old 10-18-2003, 03:16 PM

whats your e-mail jrt?
mine's Rock789@aol.com

Old 01-25-2004, 05:39 PM

kling-on is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David in Germany:

Mike you look familiar! were you ever in Germany?
hows the runner running after swallowing so much nasty stuff?

Can't we all just get along!?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://www.brian894x4.com/Hiluxgeneration3.html

ya'll every see the VW hilux over there ck out this site toyota sold the hilux under the VW brand name to get by the "its japanes" stigma (sp) cool huh

82 FJ60 ARB bull bar 12k Warn, 4 in BDS ....waiting on more green stuff...

low riders want SWITCHES..... 4 wheelers want SHIFTERS

Link to pics
http://www.texasoffroad.net/galleries/members/albun39

GIT-R-DONE!!!!!!!!

Link to pics
http://www.texas4x4.org/gallery/album82

GIT-R-DONE!!!!!!!!
Old 01-25-2004, 06:04 PM

ok heres my poser shots ...

let me start out with I agree that EVERY truck has its place my old jeep would kill my TLC off road but I needed more room so I got rid of it ...

can a SAS toy with a 150 to 1 crawl, rock crawl better than a STOCK H2 DUH its STOCK will a STOCK 2003 taco wheel better than a STOCK H2 no and the TRD taco that won in 4Wheeler wasnt stock cause last I cked a TRD wasnt stock. I think were the pissed off people coming in are saying is that for 50k they built a hell of a lot better rockcrawler ... but do you drive that rock crawler ever day ...better yet would you let you grandmother drive it 100 miles ?? HELL I wouldnt let my grandmother ride in mine rock crawler and it looked alot nicer than most ( see jeep pic) apple to apple... oranges to oranges
also i know of alot of mud boggin guys who would LOVE to see one of the west coast rock crawlers come plan in biou or the great white north .... WE ARE ALL OUT FOR ONE THING FUN.... you ride and mine weren't made for the same thing OK so I go on a 5 day camp out and carry everything I need and when I want a crawin fix we can cruiz the rock buggy .... and if the H2 is SO bad why did BFG have the carnavor skins copy it ??? because its looks sells tires ... so we can all agree each of our truck are made for something differnt.... cause i tell you for dam sure we're not doing the sport any good trashin each other.

and this if from a Jeep/Toyota guy.... oh ya and the toyoda thing is cause there LOTS of parts on a Toy that say "TOYODA"... p/s box and p/s pump cap .. for one and two dont ask my why but if you look there lots more

lets wheel already

Link to pics

GIT-R-DONE!!!!!!!!

Link to pics

GIT-R-DONE!!!!!!!!
Old 01-25-2004, 06:20 PM

do we think these guys wheel the same as us ... do we think a rockcrawler can do this ... I know nothing I've ever owned would do that those things have 50 and 60 in tires and they're under water not my thing but it make the point

Link to pics

GIT-R-DONE!!!!!!!!

Link to pics

GIT-R-DONE!!!!!!!!
Old 02-19-2004, 01:53 AM

RockYoda is off the scale

The rumor of the names Toyoda and Toyota is this. When the name brand first came out. The owner's last name was Toyoda and he started making cars under Toyoda. He then hired somebody to research what name to sell under for American distubution. He suggested Toyota. It was thought that it sounded better in the english language. He took his advice but some parts remained with the Toyoda markings. This is the rumor i heard a few years back but it makes sense.
Old 05-15-2004, 12:36 AM

rhino600 is off the scale

My Polaris Ranger has a 4.5 inch lift, with 29 inch tires... All of this for under 20K. I'll beat yall asses. Anything that makes something capable onroad detracts from what is offroad
Old 05-15-2004, 12:36 AM

rhino600 is off the scale

My Polaris Ranger has a 4.5 inch lift, with 29 inch tires... All of this for under 20K. I'll beat yall asses. Anything that makes something capable onroad detracts from what is offroad
Old 05-18-2004, 03:18 PM

Kevin B is off the scale

Rhino, I call Bull Crap! I also have a Polaris Ranger and with the drive system they come with there is NO WAY it would hang with even a small percentage of the trucks pictured here.

Either post some of your "hard core" and "extreme" pictures or join the no credibility crowd.

What a lame compairson