H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 07-30-2006, 06:07 PM
Hummer Novice

azsidewinder is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Getting out of a ticket

They are cracking down on that law in Arizona its called the gore point law. Its a warning here in Arizona now, but soon they will begin fining for it. 8 cops have been killed in 2 years here with someone pulled over and getting run over or rear ended sending all the cars in the cops direction.
Old 07-30-2006, 09:53 PM
Banned

lotus4s is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummerNewbie
I have no idea if it a law down here or not

It is a law here in Fla, just passed in the last year or so...
Old 07-31-2006, 01:37 PM
Hummer Authority

HummerHippy is on a distinguished road

OK, so you messed up a bit. Now we try to minimize the end result. With a good driving record, I suggest going to court, talking to the assist DA or who ever is prosecuting the case, before the trial. Explain the circumstances why you didn't pull over, what you did do correctly (slowing down, etc), your spotless driving record, express that you are sorry, and ask if it could be reduced to a non moving violation (bad tire, bad muffler). You'll pay a fine and not have the insurance issue.

Good luck.

NY just added this law in the last couple years as well.

Gone: 2006 Red H3, Aventure Pkg, 5 Speed, Monsoon, Brush Guard, Rubber Foor mats, Trailer package, Chrome Fuel door, Engine Block Heater.

"You?re making the choices about whether you want to drive a little extra more or not drive extra more."
29-Jul-2008
Old 07-31-2006, 03:49 PM
Hummer Guru

Agriv8r is an unknown quantity at this point

seeing all the vids about cops and such being hit, go to court state your case take your medicine...
Old 08-01-2006, 01:23 AM
Hummer Veteran

Disnydad is off the scale

Recent law here too.
Old 08-01-2006, 04:49 PM
Hummer Veteran

thedieter is off the scale

I searched through the entire list of numbered citations from California DMV web site and couldn't find it listed.

From that I would assume there is no law here as yet.

If anyone has information, I would like to know as I don't like to be blind-sided.

It is good to have this heads up about the law in other states which I wouldn't have known about otherwise.

Best regards, Happy Jack
Old 08-01-2006, 05:13 PM
Hummer Veteran

entheos is off the scale

[soapbox]
These laws on pulling over for emergency vehicles are just such a joke. Sure it is courteous to slow down and /or move to the next available lane when approaching emergency vehicles on the side of the road, and most people do this. But because Cops or some other law enforcement show showed some drunk plowing into a police car and got it on their video system, They easily lobby legislatures to protect those officers who are on the side of the road for 20 minutes at a time.

But for road workers (including laborers, technicians, and professionals) who work on the side of the road for hours at a time (usually not for major work which usually are properly delineated) to conduct site investigations, soil borings, or sign maintenance and only have a weak yellow flashing light and maybe a couple of signs that say "Men Working" or the like, get no courtesy law at all!!!

I'll bet if they did have a law that protected them a cop wouldn't be out there waiting for someone to slow down but not move over and give them a ticket.

Aren't there already laws that say you can't hit cars and people along the road? Self-serving legislatures! [/soapbox]
Old 08-02-2006, 03:29 AM
Hummer Veteran

smh3 is off the scale

Ignorance is bliss for those who dont work in a dangerous enviroment. You sit behind your desk and thisnk your stress levels are rising becuase your coffee what ever is not at the right tempurature. Pull head from where ever and have some common sense. Stop whining because you got a ticket:have to move over for a police officer or that worker,grandma on the interstate. These people who are shining are the same people who gripe that the police didnt sto the vandals or thieves who broke into their home or car. oh ya they didnt get there fast enough either. They are also the onew who whine about the road being rough and traffic being bad. Let me remind those who think getting a ticket for common sense issues like not moving over for a cop is the end of the world, DRIVING IS A PREVILIGE! NOT A RIGHT!. i hope the cop or fireman these people kill dont need that cop or fireman to someday save their lives. God bless and long live things like Hummers. A cop!
Old 08-02-2006, 04:39 AM
Hummer Expert

evldave is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by smh3
Ignorance is bliss for those who dont work in a dangerous enviroment. You sit behind your desk and thisnk your stress levels are rising becuase your coffee what ever is not at the right tempurature. Pull head from where ever and have some common sense. Stop whining because you got a ticket:have to move over for a police officer or that worker,grandma on the interstate. These people who are shining are the same people who gripe that the police didnt sto the vandals or thieves who broke into their home or car. oh ya they didnt get there fast enough either. They are also the onew who whine about the road being rough and traffic being bad. Let me remind those who think getting a ticket for common sense issues like not moving over for a cop is the end of the world, DRIVING IS A PREVILIGE! NOT A RIGHT!. i hope the cop or fireman these people kill dont need that cop or fireman to someday save their lives. God bless and long live things like Hummers. A cop!

As an expert on posting drunk, I can say you are quite wasted, aren't you?
Old 08-02-2006, 06:49 AM
Hummer Novice

Craig is on a distinguished road

Enthios.....I'm sure your state has a law similar to the one here in Texas. The law strongly supports the construction workers on the side of the road. In a construction zone here in Texas the speed limit is lowerd and the fines for moving violations within the construction zone are DOUBLED...YES DOUBLED. Maybe your state doesn't have those laws for the constuction workers, but I would guess that u are one of the one's driving with your head up your a$$ and just haven't noticed the signs.
It sounds like you're just bitter......had a ticket or two in the past???
Old 08-02-2006, 01:39 PM
Hummer Veteran

entheos is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig
Enthios.....I'm sure your state has a law similar to the one here in Texas. The law strongly supports the construction workers on the side of the road. In a construction zone here in Texas the speed limit is lowerd and the fines for moving violations within the construction zone are DOUBLED...YES DOUBLED. Maybe your state doesn't have those laws for the constuction workers, but I would guess that u are one of the one's driving with your head up your a$$ and just haven't noticed the signs.
It sounds like you're just bitter......had a ticket or two in the past???

I resign from this forum not that anyone cares. I won't since I won't ever be reading ignorant replies to posts like this. And except for a few good posters like f5stop, if someone asks innocent questions like how to improve their mileage or stand up for laws to protect road workers, all they get is a bunch of name calling and immature posts that we must wade through to get to real information on the H3. FYI, I have worked on the road next to speeding traffic in Michigan that has double traffic fines & prison terms for those that injure or kill a worker. Those laws do not apply to unofficial inspection, engineering, and soil investigations (borings) where a work zone would be too costly to set up or unnecessarily impede traffic (These decisions are made by people higher up than workers on the road). All I was saying is that the legislatures in their zeal to be seen as friends of the police and "law & order" make a law to protect the police that they themselves enforce. I don't blame the police at all for trying to protect themselves. I do blame the legislature for being so self-serving so they can remain in office and ignore others that are just as much if not more in danger along our highways. I was doing soil borings once and saw more than girl just notice us last second and swerve to avoid us. I would have been happy if people just slowed up a bit, and not complained that obey the letter of the law.

Fishnman didn't deserve that ticket. Creig who cannot spell any better than he reads must be a low-life political operative who accuses and calls names of others out of habit deserves a caution sign in front of his residence: "Redneck with an Internet Connection". Go back to your case of Blatz.

Out.
Old 08-02-2006, 02:53 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by entheos
I resign from this forum not that anyone cares. I won't since I won't ever be reading ignorant replies to posts like this. And except for a few good posters like f5stop, if someone asks innocent questions like how to improve their mileage or stand up for laws to protect road workers, all they get is a bunch of name calling and immature posts that we must wade through to get to real information on the H3. FYI, I have worked on the road next to speeding traffic in Michigan that has double traffic fines & prison terms for those that injure or kill a worker. Those laws do not apply to unofficial inspection, engineering, and soil investigations (borings) where a work zone would be too costly to set up or unnecessarily impede traffic (These decisions are made by people higher up than workers on the road). All I was saying is that the legislatures in their zeal to be seen as friends of the police and "law & order" make a law to protect the police that they themselves enforce. I don't blame the police at all for trying to protect themselves. I do blame the legislature for being so self-serving so they can remain in office and ignore others that are just as much if not more in danger along our highways. I was doing soil borings once and saw more than girl just notice us last second and swerve to avoid us. I would have been happy if people just slowed up a bit, and not complained that obey the letter of the law.

Fishnman didn't deserve that ticket. Creig who cannot spell any better than he reads must be a low-life political operative who accuses and calls names of others out of habit deserves a caution sign in front of his residence: "Redneck with an Internet Connection". Go back to your case of Blatz.

Out.
Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out. Idiot!

How many soil boring putz's been killed by a car on a highway in the US in the last 20 years?
Old 08-02-2006, 07:51 PM
Hummer Novice

Craig is on a distinguished road

Your resignation is accepted?.
Old 08-07-2006, 08:08 PM
Hummer Veteran

FishnMan is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by smh3

Have another donut and keep your drunkin dribble to yourself. I only asked for some feedback, so don't lecture me!. As a cop, you should understand that giving a ticket with conflicting information (Violation title with the wrong code number listed) means a day in court, and I WILL beat it! The law here gives two situations when a cops is on side of the road on what to do...., and when it says do this "or" do that, I can't be cited for doing one or the other. I slowed down, as opposed to pull into the far lane. So, we will let a judge decide.

And FYI....here in Alaska, I don't need a cop to protect me from a vandal or thief...we carry our own justice here! Oh, and one last thing, I drive a Hummer, why would I complain about a rough road? Maybe you've hit one too many pot holes on Acadamy Blvd?

11 Mile Resevoir rules!!!
Old 08-07-2006, 09:00 PM
Hummer Guru

dеiтайожни is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Out.

Entheos -- I'm sick of your childish name-calling, this forum would be so much easier to read if all your attack posts were just deleted. Thank you for recognizing your negative impact on our community and leaving.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:36 PM
Steve - SanJose

wtf was all that... Bye.

S.
Old 08-10-2006, 02:14 AM
Hummer Veteran

smh3 is off the scale

Fishnman, I was not trying to lecture you nor was I drunk. Maybe I should drink but I don't. No excuses but it was a long day. I had to pickup, more like scoop up, another dead person on our roads that day. My beef is not with you for asking but for those who complain about common sense laws. Reference your ticket. The error with the conflicting information, violation title with the wrong code number listed, can be amended by the officer in court at least here in Colorado. Our law states if you can change lanes you must but if not you must slow down. If the citation was given in error by the cop, I do hope you win! "A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work!"
Old 08-10-2006, 07:37 PM
Hummer Veteran

FishnMan is off the scale

No Problem smh3, thx
Old 08-11-2006, 12:25 AM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
[soapbox]
These laws on pulling over for emergency vehicles are just such a joke. Sure it is courteous to slow down and /or move to the next available lane when approaching emergency vehicles on the side of the road, and most people do this. But because Cops or some other law enforcement show showed some drunk plowing into a police car and got it on their video system, They easily lobby legislatures to protect those officers who are on the side of the road for 20 minutes at a time.

But for road workers (including laborers, technicians, and professionals) who work on the side of the road for hours at a time (usually not for major work which usually are properly delineated) to conduct site investigations, soil borings, or sign maintenance and only have a weak yellow flashing light and maybe a couple of signs that say "Men Working" or the like, get no courtesy law at all!!!

I'll bet if they did have a law that protected them a cop wouldn't be out there waiting for someone to slow down but not move over and give them a ticket.

Aren't there already laws that say you can't hit cars and people along the road? Self-serving legislatures! [/soapbox]

Yes, I try and stay neutral, but the laws, in every state, do not just say law enforcment, they say for any type of emergency vehicle, and that includes tow truck drivers, fireman, ambulance driver/technicians, etc.

I have read your post a few times, and I cannot understand where you are coming from; and really don't care.

Goodbye....