H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 05-10-2008, 01:44 AM
Elcova Newbie

DryDirt is on a distinguished road
Default Leaking Sunroof

OK i saw a thread dated 2006 for a leaking sunroof but nothing current so i thought i would start a new one with my story.

I have a 2006 H3 with a leaking sunroof. Twice since I bought it new in Oct. 2005 it's been to the dealer because the rubber floor mat on the front passenger side was full of water. Both times I was told that the drain was cloged. The problem with the drains are multiple as i see it.

First the drains dia. is too small (about a quarter inch).

Second the hard plastic tube has several sharp bends, one is a 90 degree at its end where it exits at the firewall. That's right it doesn't hang like the air conditioner drip line but exits at the fire wall.

Third the rubber grumit at the firewall forms a sort of cap at the end with an X cut in it to keep things out (or in if it enters at the sunroof).

The second time, after the tech had removed the headliner, the passenger kick panel, the seats, and the carpet (to dry out the interior) i was informed that the only thing that came out was a little dust. I have since learned that most leakes occur on the passenger side.

I saw where others with leaking sunroofs also had trouble with remote locks. Well the answer may lie in the leaking sunroof. It did for me. It shorted out the BCM.

Now to the point of all this. If my H3 was 10 years old i would expect some leakes, but not at 2 1/2. There is clearly a design problem here. What do you think the above work will cost when the warrenty runs out in a year and a half.

There needs to be a recall and redesign or I will be selling my H3 in 2010
Old 06-03-2008, 01:36 AM
Hummer Veteran

MisterE is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Leaking Sunroof

Hey,

Thanks for the information!

Just an FYI, I was getting puddles on the Drivers side of my 07 H3. When I took it for service I was told the the Drivers side drain was not attached at the factory...this was not the first case that they saw.

I have not had any other issues, both my 06 and and 07 had sunroofs with no other issues.

Thought this may be useful information for someone