H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 10-28-2005, 01:41 AM
Hummer Veteran

Bling is off the scale

Having sex in the back seat is no different than my BMW M3... Although it feels more covert if someone happens to walk by.
Old 10-28-2005, 02:04 AM

Edspad is off the scale

No Hard Points to Mount External ARMAMENT, windows are very narrow dosent acomadate long magazine weapons.sun roof to far forward no place to mount S.A.W or 50BMG. Wife slaps me when i mention these design issues.

Old 11-01-2005, 05:46 PM

rdoyne is off the scale

Just hit 2000 miles, I love it, my only complaint though is the gas milage. States 16(city) and 20(highway) on the sticker. I haven't even gotten close to 20 miles a gallon. My driving consists of some highway, but mostly around town. My wife keeps track of the miles per gallon and we are getting less than 16 per!!!!!!! And i have already gotten less than 14 per on a tank. Could something be wrong with it?
Old 11-01-2005, 05:52 PM
Banned

HIHUMMER is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rdoyne:
Just hit 2000 miles, I love it, my only complaint though is the gas milage. States 16(city) and 20(highway) on the sticker. I haven't even gotten close to 20 miles a gallon. My driving consists of some highway, but mostly around town. My wife keeps track of the miles per gallon and we are getting less than 16 per!!!!!!! And i have already gotten less than 14 per on a tank. Could something be wrong with it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm about 6500 miles and I get around 16/17 around town. So it's either getting better gas mileage the more miles I put on it, or I'm learning not to punch or drive as fast.
Old 11-01-2005, 06:01 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HIHUMMER:

I'm about 6500 miles and I get around 16/17 around town. So it's either getting better gas mileage the more miles I put on it, or I'm learning not to punch or drive as fast. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We already know you had a heavy foot

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 11-01-2005, 06:07 PM
Banned

HA! Speaking of which...I was able to get it reduced without going to court tomorrow. He knocked it down to $220 and 4points. Now...lets see how much my insurance goes up.
Old 11-01-2005, 06:44 PM
Hummer Guru

DDWH is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HIHUMMER:
HA! Speaking of which...I was able to get it reduced without going to court tomorrow. He knocked it down to $220 and 4points. Now...lets see how much my insurance goes up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

GO SPEED RACER GO SPEED RACER GO SPEED RACER GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"OBAMA......Making Jimmy Carter LOOK GOOD!"
Old 11-01-2005, 06:47 PM
Banned

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">$220 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah..I went...along with my birthday money!
Old 11-01-2005, 07:25 PM
Hummer Guru

DDWH is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">$220 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah..I went...along with my birthday money! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So I guess your complaint would be that the H3 doesn't come with a built in Radar Detector/Jammer

"OBAMA......Making Jimmy Carter LOOK GOOD!"
Old 11-02-2005, 12:03 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, I didn't think I had a complaint about the H3 but realize I had a HUGE one.

I don't have mine yet!

That is all

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 11-03-2005, 12:47 AM
Hummer Expert

evldave is off the scale

ok, here's a real one I couldn't check during the test drive. I have the auto, and it has ZERO engine braking in 4LO.

Went up in the mountains last weekend in the snow. Dropped it in 4LO and let it crawl down the hill. Even though it was a moderate downhill, the engine braking couldn't keep up with the weight of the vehicle and it accelerated almost all the way to redline. Yes, it finally could hold up the vehicle, but it was revving a lot more than I'd want on anything more than a short downhill.

I've got a Cherokee (5sp) and Suburban (TH400) and both have significantly better compression braking. I'm actually a little concerned that, when I really need it (this was a breakin run), I'll be spending time on the brakes because the engine can't hold up the rig. I had more brake fade than I expected, but I'm assuming that wasn't fade, it was mud and snow on the rotors

I guess this is the tradeoff of a 5 cylinder? I don't see any problems with power, but less cylinders may equal less braking...
Old 11-03-2005, 03:17 AM

Kid Shyleen is off the scale

I took mine up and down some pretty steep grades this last weekend. In 4LO and 1 (D, 3, 2, 1) it was too slow going down the hill. It just crawled. I actullay shifted into 2 because it was just too slow down the hill. Evldave, I didn't have any issues with this. Just use the gears and it will do whatever you want it to.
Old 11-03-2005, 09:38 AM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

evidave Do you have the adventure with the lower gears or base lux.

H3 gray adventure ,sunroof, steps ,roof rack ,smokers package ,window vents, sunroof visor, hard spare tire cover, h3 valve caps ,mudflaps and K&N filter 3,000+ miles
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 11-04-2005, 01:58 AM
Hummer Expert

evldave is off the scale

Adventure package, auto trans. Kinda wierd. I'm headed back up to the mountains again this weekend, I'll do some more downhill. Might be that I was on snow/ice, but I've done that in other rigs before and never had anything like this. Engine seems to run just fine, only 800 miles on the rig, so who knows wtf it is. Probably user error