H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 01-06-2006, 11:24 PM
k9tim

Thats really a weird thing. I would have never thought it would mirror.
I'm looking at putting one in so this thread saves me brain damage for when I actually do.

I would have sat there for an hour with a manual trying to figure that out....
Old 01-07-2006, 12:12 AM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">how do you like the contrast between the color of lights on the NAV VS the stock setup? How does the trim ring of the NAV look in person. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think the light look good .The black trim ring matches plastic of interior and as kodiakz
said it only about 1/4" at the sides.
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 01-07-2006, 01:20 AM

x-humm is off the scale

Hey Fourfourto,

Very nice set up. I wonder how much did you pay for the whole set up including install?
Old 01-07-2006, 02:08 AM
Hummer Expert

kodiakz is off the scale

True backup cams always have the image reversed so you see it correctly on screen.
\'05 Slate Blue Sut w/ Magnusun, JBA headers, custom exhaust, 22\" MC2 RT5 wheels, Pioneer AVIC Z1 nav, Passport SRX, Vizualogic A1000 dual, bi xenons, fog xenons, dual optimas, and just gettin\' started!
Old 01-07-2006, 02:09 AM
Hummer Guru

$2000 out the door no tax .I added a remote start for extra $200 .He had no problem with on star and other hang ups others had.He does a lot of work for dealers. He did the installs at local nissan dealer where my wife worked for for about 6 months.
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 01-08-2006, 09:07 PM
Hummer Guru

Below is a pic at night.The only light is from the reverse lights.
You can bring the camera up while you are driving also.
Attached Images

Old 01-08-2006, 10:57 PM
Hummer Veteran

BB is an unknown quantity at this point

This kind of cover on spare tire is available now in Japan. What a good idea !! and this is the best place to put a rear camera.
Attached Images

Old 01-08-2006, 10:58 PM
Hummer Veteran

BB is an unknown quantity at this point

The rear camera is put under the cover.
Attached Images

Old 01-09-2006, 12:43 PM
Hummer Guru

BB
Hummer Veteran

Posted Jan 8, 7:57 PM
This kind of cover on spare tire is available now in Japan. What a good idea !! and this is the best place to put a rear camera.

I wonder if thats available to buy.Is that your's or pic you came across .I guess you could fabricate one .Its a good option,nice clean look and the cameras adjustable.you could also put in a flush mount like mine. It might be a pain to remove if you need to use spare tire.
Old 01-10-2006, 11:12 AM
Hummer Guru

Heres were they put the gps antenna.With the vertical windshield of the H3 on roof is best spot.
Attached Images

Old 01-11-2006, 01:17 AM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you have the Monsoon amp? If so, did they retain this? Were there any issues of hissing through the speakers or engine noise through the speakers?
Old 01-11-2006, 01:30 AM
Hummer Guru

I didnt have the monsoon .It comes in nice and clear sounds better than the base stock radio.
Old 01-12-2006, 11:24 AM
Hummer Guru

Also I must add that the base radio seems to max out on volume and the eclipse is able to go much louder .It maxes out louder than you would ever listen to it.
Old 01-13-2006, 02:13 PM
Hummer Guru

Just another thing I havent drove the h3 on the expressway with the new system until today (my wife uses it for work).On the highway when a car to your side is in your blindspot You can see him clear as day in the rear camera.If Im not using the screen for other functions I leave the rear cam up and find I dont ever need to look in the rear view mirror I just use the monitor instead.It was raining today and the view was very good.You can bring it up real easy 2 clicks when your driving and its automatic when in reverse.
Its money well spent and if its in your budget I recomend you get one.
Attached Images

Old 02-03-2006, 02:09 PM
Hummer Guru

Just got my mini remote off e bay.
If you have an eclipse system you should get the remote #1602.
I used velcro to mount it next to my phone.
Phone is mounted by magnetic disk.
Attached Images

Old 02-03-2006, 02:09 PM
Hummer Guru

Close up.
Attached Images