H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 01-17-2007, 06:04 AM
Hummer Veteran

How Much!! is off the scale
Default 30,000 Mile Service?

I have a 2005 H2. I was at my Hummer dealer getting a few things corrected before the warrantee is up. Anyway, they told me about my needed 30,000 Mile Service which they told me would be $1,200. I also got a letter in the mail stating the same thing form the dealer.

When consulting my manual, however I can?t find a reference to a 30,000 Mile Service, just a 50,000 Mile Service, and does not include all that they suggested I do. So, what gives? Who?s wrong, the manual or the dealer?

I am not planning on getting that service done at the dealer, needed or not, however it would be nice to know if I need it or not so I can get it done.

Any experience here?
Old 01-17-2007, 06:22 AM
Hummer Veteran

DIRTYVEGAS is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 30,000 Mile Service?

Go with the manual. It is called the "stealership". They love your $$$$. However, I have 31,000 and I drained and changed my transfercase.
Old 01-18-2007, 01:07 AM
Hummer Guru

3Hummer is on a distinguished road

Dont know anything aobut a 50000 or 30000 mile service but i would have to say that 50000 is an average for the normal driver. If you drive you car more or just more hard it might be that you have to get your service earlier.

2003 H1 HMCS: Ocean Blue Metallic, Grey Leather Interior

2010 H3 Alpha: Canyon Metallic, Cashmere Interior

2017 VW Jetta S

2012 Cessna 182T Skylane

used to have: 2007 base H3 Slate Blue

/''T''|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**"\)_)
Old 01-18-2007, 03:16 AM
Hummer Expert

MONSTERMATT is an unknown quantity at this point

LIES , LIES AND MORE FUKKIN LIES, they should be punched in the face for this, iam so sick of dealers tryin to rob people , but....... they are really the only ones that have the "tranny pump" soooo, i paid those fuxs 160 some odd duckets to flush the pan and drop it, however i supplied the 14 quarts of royal purple(which i highly recommend cuz tranny runs much cooler now) they than tried to tell me it would be an additional 200 some odd dollars to do the transfer case, and 400 and some dollars to do the differentials!!!!!!! WTF!!!! the t-case and the diffs take about 1/2 hour to do and they are soo easy, FUKK THE DEALERSHIP!!!! i got a good relationship with a mechanic who respects me and he helps me with the lift he has and the air- thats all i need and i can get it done,but really not even if you wanna crawl under there with hand tools, find a mechanic that can help you if need be, but ill be damn to get ripped off by anybody-NOBODY!!!!!!
Old 01-18-2007, 04:08 AM
Hummer Authority

tomp is an unknown quantity at this point

I got robbed for $300+ just do swap tranny pan. Just wanted to have them do it as I thought exhaust might get in the way of deeper pan, might need an exhaust gasket, new filter/pan gasket and wanted to make sure it got Dex 6 put back in it.

Precisely why they didn't repeat business of doing my diffs and transfer case! They burned their self on the deal! They screw their customers and do not know how to make money!
Old 01-18-2007, 04:07 PM
Hummer Expert

Arizona Hummerboy is an unknown quantity at this point

I did my service at 55,000 miles and they went thru everything on the truck. I think it was like $ 1,200.00 out the door.

The Dealership try to hit me up for service check up at every so many thousand miles, but I turn them down on the service.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:32 PM
Hummer Authority

Location: In da Chi! I am not only the originator of the H.O.A.B. club. I am also a member
Mr. I - Man is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey dont forget about the $ 175 brake caliper lube my stealership tried to shake me down for
Old 01-18-2007, 07:11 PM
Hummer Messiah

CO Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTERMATT
LIES , LIES AND MORE FUKKIN LIES, they should be punched in the face for this, iam so sick of dealers tryin to rob people , but....... they are really the only ones that have the "tranny pump" soooo, i paid those fuxs 160 some odd duckets to flush the pan and drop it, however i supplied the 14 quarts of royal purple(which i highly recommend cuz tranny runs much cooler now) they than tried to tell me it would be an additional 200 some odd dollars to do the transfer case, and 400 and some dollars to do the differentials!!!!!!! WTF!!!! the t-case and the diffs take about 1/2 hour to do and they are soo easy, FUKK THE DEALERSHIP!!!! i got a good relationship with a mechanic who respects me and he helps me with the lift he has and the air- thats all i need and i can get it done,but really not even if you wanna crawl under there with hand tools, find a mechanic that can help you if need be, but ill be damn to get ripped off by anybody-NOBODY!!!!!!

While I think you may need to go to an anger management course.......I definitely agree with you.

I'd definitely NOT do the 30,000 mile service. Do the fluid changes yourself. Everything is dead simple to do - except for the Tranny. For a full flush you probably need to get someone with a real machine/system. That could be done by the dealer as a stand-alone option. The rest is just paying big $$ for simple services. I agree with using Royal Purple.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:49 PM
Hummer Guru

usetosellhummer is an unknown quantity at this point

lies man, just stealing you money
Old 01-18-2007, 08:57 PM
Hummer Expert

MONSTERMATT is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO Hummer
While I think you may need to go to an anger management course.......I definitely agree with you.

I'd definitely NOT do the 30,000 mile service. Do the fluid changes yourself. Everything is dead simple to do - except for the Tranny. For a full flush you probably need to get someone with a real machine/system. That could be done by the dealer as a stand-alone option. The rest is just paying big $$ for simple services. I agree with using Royal Purple.
seriously, i listened to PHILD, who advised me that it was worth considering have the stealership do the "pan flush and drop" as they are the ones that are the best equipped for the tasc, at any rate i cant believe these people actually want me to believe those prices UNBELIEVABLE!!!
Old 01-19-2007, 09:45 PM
Hummer Veteran

vip808 is off the scale

I just got the same info from the dealership about the 30k mile service.. and i got to ask.. Will not having the service done by the dealership void something on my warranty? If i don't have access to a lift will the "pan flush and drop" be next to impossible to do?
I want them to do the work (since I'm on the injured list) but I too want them to replace the fluids with Royal Purple.. just don't know if I can trust them enough to actually give them the oil and go to work.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:50 PM
Hummer Guru

usetosellhummer is an unknown quantity at this point

It has been settled in court and no it will not void your warrenty!
get a local garage to do it or just wait till you fell better and shop it around. I have seen trucks with 50 plus and the oil never changed. calm down and save some money. the dealer is full of horse sheet
Old 01-20-2007, 12:06 AM
Hummer Authority

JamesT is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTERMATT

Feel free to speak your mind here. Dont hold back.
Old 01-20-2007, 12:56 AM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by vip808
I just got the same info from the dealership about the 30k mile service.. and i got to ask.. Will not having the service done by the dealership void something on my warranty? If i don't have access to a lift will the "pan flush and drop" be next to impossible to do?
I want them to do the work (since I'm on the injured list) but I too want them to replace the fluids with Royal Purple.. just don't know if I can trust them enough to actually give them the oil and go to work.

Dealers don't issue the warranty; General Motors issues the warranty; therefore, a dealer cannot void a warranty. So, refer to the "Scheduled Maintenance" in your owner's manual and follow that schedule. Anyone, including yourself can do the work, for additional insurance, keep your receipts of what you purchased; however, that is not always necessary.