Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > ETC. Forums > General Off Topic

Old 02-06-2007, 11:17 PM
Hummer Guru

BlueTJCO has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default wow.......Pit Bulls are some strong MOFO's.....

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=64362

Apparently one of the pit bulls jumped the fence and attacked the dog. The neighbor, Matt Burdic, says he shot the pit bull several times in the head and neck with a light caliber weapon. At least two of the bullets hit the pit bull in the head, but it did not stop attacking the other dog.

Old 02-07-2007, 12:07 AM
Hummer Authority

NewHummerGuy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: wow.......Pit Bulls are some strong MOFO's.....

Pits can do serious damage. I read once where one latched onto a womens neck. Cops shot it to death. Then had to break its jaw to get it off the women.

Still though, they are an animal and I blame over breeding along with the owners.

I'm Gonna crazy you my body
=================
Old 02-07-2007, 12:13 AM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHummerGuy
Pits can do serious damage. I read once where one latched onto a womens neck. Cops shot it to death. Then had to break its jaw to get it off the women.

Still though, they are an animal and I blame over breeding along with the owners.

My uncle raised them outside of Fort Collins for awhile back in the early 80's and 90's before the large bans started taking effect.

He had wonderful dogs that all of us kids could safely play with and interact with. I was never scared of his pits.........

They are programmed to be killers however. From the very early origins of the PIT they have been trained to destroy.........You put this blood line in the hands of PUNKS who buy them as they started to with rotties just for the "thug" attitude or false sense of "toughness" it gives them and it's a bad recipe......

then you have all the dumb **** white trash hillbilies that own them for the same reason.

what I do know is that I used to not be scared of the breed. Now when I see a loose pit bull I walk the other way.........
Old 02-07-2007, 01:26 AM
Hummer Guru

dеiтайожни is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncricket
what I do know is that I used to not be scared of the breed. Now when I see a loose pit bull I walk the other way.........

You are such a vagina.
Old 02-07-2007, 01:35 AM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dеiтайожни
You are such a vagina.

maybe......but a damn smart vagina......
Old 02-07-2007, 01:43 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Dr. Victoria Gomez says the pit bull, whose name she says is ?Killer,? is walking around as if nothing happened. An X-ray shows the two bullets are still in his head.
The little dog was killed.

The owners of the pit should be put down.
Old 02-07-2007, 02:04 AM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenP
The little dog was killed.

The owners of the pit should be put down.

Owners are usually always to blame in this situation. But there is a difference between a loaded and unloaded handgun. It's about the same difference as a lab retriever and a pit bull.

I like Pit Bulls. I'm not for banning them entirely. But wow they have been in the news a lot lately.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:36 AM
Banned

lotus4s is an unknown quantity at this point

Shoulda had a bigger gun....
Old 02-07-2007, 04:56 PM
Hummer Authority

RuggedH2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus4s
Shoulda had a bigger gun....

Yep! .45 would get it handled.

Old 02-07-2007, 08:15 PM
Hummer Veteran

jdrew is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0313H3
Yep! .45 would get it handled.

Oh yea? Our police department carries .45's.. Took 3 shots to stop this pit bull a couple of weeks ago.. (1 shot to chest at point blank and 1 shot to head and 1 shot to hip area) Dogs name, "Felony".

http://courier.evansville.net/news/2...ttacks-owners/

Pit bull attacks mother, daughter
By KATE BRASER
Courier & Press staff writer 464-7622 or braserk@courierpress.com
Originally published 12:00 a.m., January 11, 2007
Updated 10:51 a.m., January 11, 2007

While a mother and daughter underwent treatment at Deaconess Hospital for wounds inflicted during a vicious attack by their own dog, neighbors couldn't shake images of Wednesday morning's bloody mauling.

Some wished they could have done more to help 20-year-old Tia Franz, who reportedly screamed for help as she cowered in her back yard while Felony, a white 2-year-old pit bull, relentlessly ripped at the flesh on her arms and chest.

The victims, Susan C. James, 39, and her daughter, Franz, were taken from their home at 1216 Harriet St. to Deaconess Hospital with injuries police described as "extreme."

Police said James has severe injuries to her hands and arms, and Franz has severe injuries to her hands, arms, chest, abdomen and right side.

Medical personnel told police both victims would require surgery, but Deaconess personnel said they could not release information about the women's conditions.

For Miranda Kirby, it all began shortly after 8 a.m., when she heard screams. Kirby stepped outside and saw James bleeding, then called police.

Back outside, Kirby found Franz pleading for help while the dog was "swinging (Franz) around like a rag doll." Kirby tried to throw whatever she could find at the dog, but the canine was not deterred.

Robert Stotlar said he felt helpless. "No matter what, the dog just kept digging in and tearing," said Stotlar. "That dog was determined to do damage."

Police officers had to fire several times before the dog released its grip. It died from the gunshots.

The women told officers the attack started after they got into an argument. The dog lunged at James first. Franz tried to get the dog away from her mother, but it turned on Franz and chased her through three rooms and into the back yard.

Hours after the attack, the porch was spattered with drops of blood as neighbors gathered nearby to talk.

Jennifer Walker said it looked "like a murder scene."

"It looked so bad I had to turn away at one point. I thought I was going to get sick," Walker said.

Stotlar said Felony roamed free at times, but his owners told concerned neighbors Felony was a family pet, a good dog with no previous aggression.

"Something like that I'm not going to forget," Stotlar said, staring into the back yard where he watched Franz trying to fight the dog off. "I wish I could have done something for her. After awhile, I just started getting sick. I had to walk away."

Animal Control Superintendent Tom Hayden said he has received no previous complaints about the dog.

"We had people tell us while we were there that the dog was never vicious or dangerous, but the thing people don't understand is that the dog has a hierarchy of its surroundings and domain," he explained. "It's like if you saw your children fighting. What would you do as a parent? You'd get in the middle and separate them."

Hayden said the attack marked the first this year; but he also gave it a more dubious distinction.

"It's up in the top percentage of (violent dog attacks), based on the severity of the two individuals' injuries," he said.

Evansville's new animal control ordinance, which was recently adopted, does not ban the ownership of pit bulls.

A study cited by the Centers for Disease Control analyzed fatal dog attacks in the United States between 1979 and 1998. Pit bull-types had the most, 76, followed by Rottweilers, 44, and German shepherds, 27. Some cities, such as Denver, have banned pit bulls.

The number of pit bull attacks is high compared with other breeds simply because there are more of them, breed advocates say.

Nowhere is that more evident than in the city's shelter. Of the 1,500 animals adopted last year, at least 75 percent were pit bulls or a pit bull-mix. But animal advocates say the problem is often irresponsible owners, rather than the dogs.

Whether those dogs became aggressive or a playmate is up to the owner, Kendall Paul, Vanderburgh Humane Society director said last year.

"A gun, in the wrong hands, is lethal," she said.

H.O.P.E. Member
Old 02-08-2007, 10:57 AM
Hummer Authority

RuggedH2 is on a distinguished road

Animals are tough, they don't give up mentally.

The dog you guys shot is dead right? The original article said the dog shot with the "small caliber" is still running around, with two in his skull.

Dead dog walking.

Old 02-08-2007, 11:28 AM
Hummer Guru

frenzy1 is on a distinguished road

MY TRUCK : NO !
MY DOG : MAYBE
MY WIFE : YES

Old 02-08-2007, 05:51 PM
Hummer Expert

Arizona Hummerboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Pit bull terrier shot and killed during arrest
By Erisa Nakano
ABC15.com
Posted: 2/7/07 8:46pm
A pit bull terrier was shot and killed Wednesday evening during an arrest in Phoenix.
Officers arrived at an apartment in hopes to find 20-year-old Vito Olivia, who had an outstanding felony warrant in relation to a weapons violations charge.
The door was ajar and the suspect was standing in the doorway.
At least four officers approached the apartment, identified themselves, and asked Olivia to surrender.
Officials say the suspect began to move his hands toward the waistband of his pants, and the officers took hold of the suspect with a struggle. A "machine-pistol" type handgun fell out of the man's pants.
Police say the Olivia's sister then released a fully-grown pit bull on the officers.
An officer fired a weapon in defense, striking and killing the dog.
Olivia and his juvenile sister were both arrested.
Another wanted felon, 42-year-old Reyna Arriola, was also found in the apartment and arrested.
Old 02-09-2007, 05:06 AM
Hummer Expert

Arizona Hummerboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Stun gun saves Shih Tzu from pit bull attack

04:39 PM Mountain Standard Time on Thursday, February 8, 2007

By Steve Bodinet / 3TV reporter
Imagine watching your small dog being torn apart by a much larger one.
That's what happened to a Phoenix woman yesterday as she was walking her Shih Tzu.
It took a Taser gun to chase the attacking dog away.
Lori Hinton isn't married and has no children, but she says she still has still has family, her beloved Shih Tzu, Maddie. Yesterday as she and Maddie were taking a quiet walk, they came under attack.
Today, Maddie is not in a very good mood, and you can't blame her after what happened on her morning walk yesterday.
"I thought she was dead," Hinton said. "The dog wouldn't let go."
Hinton said her pup was viciously attacked by a dog she thinks is a pit bull.
"The dog had her by the underbelly, I could see that," she said.
Chunks of hair mark the battlefield at Hinton's quiet northeast Phoenix gated condominium. She fought in vain to get her Maddie free from the other dog's jaws.
"The next thing I knew men came to my aid and they were beating the dog," she said. "I could hear the reverberation in this dog's body, but it wouldn't let go."
Neighbor Carlos Hernandez finally got the dogs separated by using a Taser gun.
"I Tasered it in the back and it didn't do a thing, so I Tasered it in the neck and it dropped the dog and backed away," he said.
Hinton said the dog's owner, who was visiting her complex, grabbed the stunned dog and fled.
While Hinton said she's thankful to Hernandez and the others who came to the rescue, Maddie is a mess.
Hinton said she'll do what must be done to help her best friend because she's all she's got.
"I've never been more alone, knowing I may lose her," Hinton said
Old 02-10-2007, 09:11 AM
Hummer Guru

bparker is an unknown quantity at this point

I did some research a while back in college about Pitbulls and here is what I found.

The "American" version of a pit bull is a mix:

They bread a "Staffordshire Bull Terrier" - that origionated from Staffordshire England

With a Boxer and a Dalmation to get the "American" Pit Bull

The "American" Pit Bull and the "Staffordshire Bull Terrier" were so closely related and in appearance the AKC split the breed by defining two different breeds to be recognized.

We now have the smaller Stafford Shire Bull Terrier (not popular in the USA because they are small.

And we have the "American Staffordshire Bull Terrier" AKA Pit Bull Terrier.

Other factoid:

The "hyper-agressive" highly sought after for game dogs "fighting gene" came from the Dalmation breed - since dalmations are so heavily "inbread/linebread" there are many "physcho" pups which are hyper-agressive - this gene was passed along to the "American Pit" and with this gene an "American Pit" is dam near unstoppable.

I have been around "pits" all of my life and I have only seen two dogs with the hyper agressive gene and they are not anything to be messed with. One I knew had attacked 4 people and killed 1 other dog before the age of 1yr old. She had to be put down. Her last chance was when she scaled a fence to attack a child despite being in a fenced yard chained to a tire filled with cement. She was still able to pull the tire to the fence and then get over it to bite a child that was taunting her.

From the same litter, her sister pup was totally mellow and loved people (hated cats) and is still living today (quite old) and is a lap dog for a firend of mine that is a lobbist and lives in Dallas.

The biggest pit bull i have ever seen was owned by Nate Newton (former Dallas Cowboy) and his "prize" dog was named "Barney" and was just over 180lbs!! He loved for us to throw footballs and play keep away as he would eventually catch it in mid air and pop them in his mouth and begin to shread them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1086166748_l.jpg (37.1 KB, 204 views)
File Type: jpg 1086166093_l.jpg (35.0 KB, 201 views)

Last edited by bparker : 02-10-2007 at 09:15 AM.
Old 02-10-2007, 11:20 PM
Hummer Authority

Boss Hoss is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by bparker
I did some research a while back in college about Pitbulls and here is what I found.

They bread a "Staffordshire Bull Terrier" - that origionated from Staffordshire England

The "American" Pit Bull and the "Staffordshire Bull Terrier" were so closely related and in appearance the AKC split the breed by defining two different breeds to be recognized.

We now have the smaller Stafford Shire Bull Terrier (not popular in the USA because they are small.

Other factoid:

The "hyper-agressive" highly sought after for game dogs "fighting gene" came from the Dalmation breed - since dalmations are so heavily "inbread/linebread" there are many "physcho" pups which are hyper-agressive - this gene was passed along to the "American Pit" and with this gene an "American Pit" is dam near unstoppable.

I have been around "pits" all of my life and I have only seen two dogs with the hyper agressive gene and they are not anything to be messed with. One I knew had attacked 4 people and killed 1 other dog before the age of 1yr old. She had to be put down. Her last chance was when she scaled a fence to attack a child despite being in a fenced yard chained to a tire filled with cement. She was still able to pull the tire to the fence and then get over it to bite a child that was taunting her.

From the same litter, her sister pup was totally mellow and loved people (hated cats) and is still living today (quite old) and is a lap dog for a firend of mine that is a lobbist and lives in Dallas.

The biggest pit bull i have ever seen was owned by Nate Newton (former Dallas Cowboy) and his "prize" dog was named "Barney" and was just over 180lbs!! He loved for us to throw footballs and play keep away as he would eventually catch it in mid air and pop them in his mouth and begin to shread them.

There is no such thing as a 180lb pit. Perhaps you could breed a Neopolitan Mastiff and a large pit and pop out a large pitbull looking creature but a 180lb pit does not exist. You will see some pits topping out at 100(or at least thats how they are marketed but probably dont weigh that). These pits have a very strong influence of American Bulldog which can be large dogs themselves. Do a search for Gotti line or Razors Edge line and youll see what im talking about. They will not come out and say their dogs have American Bulldog blood in their pedigree it but its there--and they will probably lie about the dogs weights too($$$$$$).

Granted there are many pits that are owned irresponsibly and trained irresponsibly, most are great dogs. The press gives them a horrible wrap not to mention many of the "pit bull" attacks are misidentified as pits. Personally i probably wouldnt own one as you never know what recessive genes may come out from a irresponsible breeding in the past but to many they are great loyal loving trustworty companions.

20in Kaotik NT-1s with 35x13.50Pro Comp Xtreme All terrain
Old 02-11-2007, 02:46 PM
Hummer Guru

Thats what I thought too... lol

Nate never said but I strongly suspect roids were used and maybe more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss Hoss
There is no such thing as a 180lb pit.
Old 02-11-2007, 03:16 PM
Hummer Guru

Location: In a FREE U.S.A. where Marxism, Socialism & Communism is not allowed !
RubHer Yellow Ducky is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Other factoid:

You may have done your research and owing the two breeds does give you experience...

BUT

THERE NEVER HAS BEEN A PURE PIT BULL OR AMERICAN Staffordshire or variation that weighted 180 lbs.

Mixed bred with a Great Dane or Mastiff or other VERY large heavy breed maybe. My Mom was a Pit Bull Judge with the UKC and is currently a Great Dane Judge in the AKC (no 180 lb Pit Bulls) I have been around many breeds, mostly Great Danes for over 55 Years. Largest Dane I ever saw was 230 lbs and he was a freak of nature. I've been exposed to large Rots, Danes, Mastiffs, Newfoundlands, St Barnards and a few other rare breed large dogs and of course large mixed breeds.

I'm sure that maybe when you saw this LARGE PIT you were drinking or smoking or very very young so everything looked large...

I will retract the above if you can supply documentation in addition to : "PICTURES TALK, BULL**** WALKS"

Old 02-11-2007, 05:03 PM
Hummer Guru

I have seen a pit/dane mix - his name was Grendel and was massive as in height and over all size. He wasnt as muscular as Barney. And no, I never had the balls to tell a former pro football defensive lineman bull$hit to his face and demand he put him on a scale so I could later prove to nay sayers on the internet (rolleyes).

Just call me a liar and I am happy, you didnt see him, you never knew him... but I guess you have seen it all.... (roll eyes)...

And sure Nate could have fudged on the weight, but i have yet to see one or anyting like him.
Old 02-11-2007, 07:23 PM
Hummer Guru

Location: In a FREE U.S.A. where Marxism, Socialism & Communism is not allowed !
RubHer Yellow Ducky is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I have seen a pit/dane mix ( i sure hope the male was the Pit) - his name was Grendel and was massive as in height and over all size. He wasnt as muscular as Barney. And no, I never had the balls to tell a former pro football defensive lineman bull$hit to his face and demand he put him on a scale so I could later prove to nay sayers on the internet (rolleyes).

Just call me a liar ( no, not calling you a lier, just saying you may have been under the influence) and I am happy, you didnt see him, you never knew him... but I guess you have seen it all ( not all but lots in reference to dogs ).... (roll eyes)... ( )

And sure Nate could have fudged on the weight, but i have yet to see one or anyting like him.

Have a Hornsby Hard Cider on me (extra cold)

RYD