H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 08-20-2006, 09:14 PM
Elcova Rookie

Hummerguy04 is off the scale
Default Aftermarket NAV in my new H3

I just purchased a 06 H3 with the Monsoon stereo system. I have a Pioneer AVIC-N1 that I originally bought for my 04 H2 with Onstar and Bose. I traded the H2 for an 05 Chevy Avalanche that also had Onstar and Bose. The interface harness I used in my H2 and Avalanche was a Metra GMOS-04 and it worked flawlessly. When I would use the Onstar it would shut the aftermarket radio off until I was done using the Onstar and then turn it back on. My question is the Metra GMOS-04 compatible with my H3 with Monsoon system? If so how would I adjust the onstar volume because in my prior two vehicles I would use the steering wheel volume control but the H3 doesn't have steering wheel controls, which really surprises me. If it isn't compatible what are you guys using to retain your Onstar while using an aftermarket radio? One other thing I liked about the Metra piece was that it retained Onstar, Bose amp, and all the chimes in one single module. Any help you guys can offer would be great. Thanks, Scott.
Old 08-20-2006, 11:59 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Aftermarket NAV in my new H3

I just installed a the Z1, but used the Peripheral adapters (one for the chime). Best suggestion I would give is write Metra and ask them, it probably requires a different adapter.
As for Onstar, you adjust the sound via the sound knob/rocker on the radio, same as you would with any radio. Even with steering wheel controls, you could adjust the sound directly on the radio head unit.
Old 08-21-2006, 03:21 AM
Hummer Veteran

JeffW is off the scale

Wait a tick... Fstop are you saying you can adjust your onstar volume with the Z1's volume conrol? I recently got the Peripheral GMAH24 and am looking at the schematic. It looks like the way it works is the sound from the onstar completely bypasses the head unit and goes out through the harness to the Monsoon, only the mute wire goes to the head unit. The GMAH24 has a volume adjustment screw on it, so I thought that was the only way to set it??
Old 08-21-2006, 10:38 AM
Hummer Guru

Well, let me check it again this morning. I'm positive I did the one time I actually called someone, but after that one call, I have only been activating onstar to hear if the whine has gone. But I really believe I was changing the volume. So, I'll try on the way to work.
Old 08-21-2006, 11:52 AM
Hummer Guru

Just checked and I was wrong, you cannot adjust onstar via the volume on the Z1. Might have been thinking about when it was stock. (Or at least I cannot adjust the alternator whine ).
Old 09-01-2006, 07:36 AM
Hummer Professional

Mark805 is off the scale

with Peripheral I think the volume is adjusted on the module with a small flathead screwdriver.

Dear GM: PLEASE SELL ME AN HX
Old 09-01-2006, 01:48 PM
Hummer Veteran

Rick is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark805
with Peripheral I think the volume is adjusted on the module with a small flathead screwdriver.

I had the dealer install an AVN30D in mine. They had the volume in the module turned midway and I couldn't hear anything at speed. Forget about it if the windows were cracked. When I pulled the unit out to install the back-up camera I turned the volume up to the max. It works much better now!
2006 H3 - Luxury - Superior Blue - Sunroof - Chrome Pkg. - Chrome Step Tubes - AVN30D with rear view camera and iPod connection - Volant CAI - MagnaFlow dual exhaust - Throttle Body Spacer - Train Air Horn (to be installed) - More adds to come (New shoes & supercharger!)

1990 Porsche C2 (911) - Highly modified and very, very fast!
Old 09-01-2006, 05:14 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick
I had the dealer install an AVN30D in mine. They had the volume in the module turned midway and I couldn't hear anything at speed. Forget about it if the windows were cracked. When I pulled the unit out to install the back-up camera I turned the volume up to the max. It works much better now!

I have the same unit avn30d. No problems.
I have the e brake hooked up its also hooked up to a switch so it runs dvd's when driving(and use gps functions)this way it can be shut off quickly if needed.( a crash,pulled over by cops ect)
The installer said " I didnt hook up the switch" to cover them from liability
There is a button for louder volume when driving, for the gps.(it raises 1 level when driving on highway)
My on star volume is just right.
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.