Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > ETC. Forums > General Off Topic

Old 02-19-2009, 07:33 PM
Hummer Professional

Dave92270 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: magnum ammo suggestions please, thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
Based on old laws done away with not to long ago Ken I was going to have register as an armoury due to the amount of rounds I have stored in my home.

As mentioned I have many weapons to deal with threats from many different distances plus larger amounts of ammo per caliber/type depending on how close the threat is or could get.

TAZ

it won't hurt anything to stock up a bit..

we don't have weapons around but I'm working on it to improve. Actually I looked seriously into buying a Glock 21, dealer has a brand new one there but I wanted something more managable for the starter. 100% reliabilty was the reason I grabbed S&W over the Glock

Last edited by Dave92270 : 02-19-2009 at 07:47 PM.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:05 PM
Hummer Authority

TXSUT is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave92270
100% reliabilty was the reason I grabbed S&W over the Glock

Did you get my PM?
Old 02-20-2009, 06:52 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

Have had my Glock 23 for longer than I can remember. I think since it came out. Has been carried concealed every day including rain mud on the farm. I mean my 1200 acre rice farm jungle type humidity etc. It has no telling how many rounds of practice shots and just taken to concealment shooting test and retrain every 4 years with no prep and fired pefect 100 score target's which consist of 50 rounds total. This pistol has at all time had the first internal laser I bought installed after the gun was bought and it has never failed to hit center mass at 25 yards and under as well as head shots at 10 yards or less. All this OK partner You got the shot at 10 yards or more is BS. If I had someone who shot as much as me then I would tell them to shoot knowing they would do it knowing when I said it I knew I was going to die by one of their hands.

Point is I do not understand why Glock does not seem to have the dependability factor with it. It was built to be tossed in the mud or sand and pick it up kill someone or something.

My opinion only is Glock should have been our military choice for sidearm. The lower weight of the pistol would have allowed for a significant increase of ammo carried just as the light weight of M-16 did and is one of many reasons it has been our nations military rifle for a long time. Yes I have heard of stories of Glock going off if dropped so do not go there. It landed in positions that purposely caused gun to go off.

Everyone has their ideas and rumors they heard. I know my Glock has proved itself over and over in conditions most will and never will put their pistol through consistantly. Smith is a very good weapon as is Browning, Barreta, and so on.

I just know I never feel hesitant about recommending a Glock.

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 02-20-2009, 06:04 PM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSUT
Did you get my PM?

now I did. thanks TXSUT
Old 02-28-2009, 11:11 PM
Hummer Professional

picked her up last week, love the gun... plus federal 357 hydra-shok jhp's

Old 03-04-2009, 06:06 PM
Hummer Expert

Andy C is off the scale

If its stocking up your after - check out www.cheaperthandirt.com - I use them all the time - never had a delivery delay and they are reasonably cheap.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:31 PM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy C
If its stocking up your after - check out www.cheaperthandirt.com - I use them all the time - never had a delivery delay and they are reasonably cheap.

I saw that website..so they're reliable? great to know, thanks. I ordered another 100 rounds from Cabelas earlier this week, Winchester fmj in .38 Special (for practice, thye're much cheaper then .357 hydra shoks), 38 ammo is impossible to find locally anymore, all sold out at Walmart, Big-5 etc.. I'm stocking up slowly but I do; btw on 14th my 30-day wait period is over and so I can go out and buy another gun; thinking about a semi-auto pistol this time. so I have a choice. I guess larger caliber, maybe a .45 Glock or something like that. Or, a shotgun..undecided. Dealer has got nice Benneli's in stock, I'll see how it goes. Or Remington 870.
Old 03-08-2009, 07:14 PM
Hummer Authority

mikejr is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
Have had my Glock 23 for longer than I can remember. I think since it came out. Has been carried concealed every day including rain mud on the farm. I mean my 1200 acre rice farm jungle type humidity etc. It has no telling how many rounds of practice shots and just taken to concealment shooting test and retrain every 4 years with no prep and fired pefect 100 score target's which consist of 50 rounds total. This pistol has at all time had the first internal laser I bought installed after the gun was bought and it has never failed to hit center mass at 25 yards and under as well as head shots at 10 yards or less. All this OK partner You got the shot at 10 yards or more is BS. If I had someone who shot as much as me then I would tell them to shoot knowing they would do it knowing when I said it I knew I was going to die by one of their hands.

Point is I do not understand why Glock does not seem to have the dependability factor with it. It was built to be tossed in the mud or sand and pick it up kill someone or something.

My opinion only is Glock should have been our military choice for sidearm. The lower weight of the pistol would have allowed for a significant increase of ammo carried just as the light weight of M-16 did and is one of many reasons it has been our nations military rifle for a long time. Yes I have heard of stories of Glock going off if dropped so do not go there. It landed in positions that purposely caused gun to go off.

Everyone has their ideas and rumors they heard. I know my Glock has proved itself over and over in conditions most will and never will put their pistol through consistantly. Smith is a very good weapon as is Browning, Barreta, and so on.

I just know I never feel hesitant about recommending a Glock.

TAZ

Taz - I concur. My daily carry is a G17 with Trijicon night sights and a crimson trace laser. My wife carries a G26 and the night stand gun is a G17. I would never hesitate recommending a glock to anyone.

2008 H2 Lux Series, Slate Blue, everything but the air suspension - sold

2006 H2 Lux Series, Uplevel Chrome, DVD's, Slate Blue, Sun Roof - sold

"If Life Gives You Limes, Make Margaritas" - Jimmy Buffett