H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 04-06-2004, 12:35 PM

max is off the scale

Mine was diagnosed over the phone. I told them my service air suspention light was on and they asked if it was leaning on the drivers side. Mine was and they said bring it in for an hour. True to their word, they had the part and the knowledge and I am 3 weeks with no complaint.

This is the work order comments...
Item..REPAIR SERVICE AIR SUSPENTION LIGHT ON DASH AND LEFT SIDE SAGGING CONDITION CODE:SSS LIGHT (WS)
CAUSE...L/REAR POSITION SENSOR INOP
FAILURE CODE:COMP-MISSING (6L)
CORRECTION..DIAGNOSE AND REPLACE L/REAR SENSOR CODE.DIAGNOSE PER TROUBLE TREE.MEASURE L/R SENSOR .5.OO VOLTS.TOO HIGH.
LABOUR..DIAGNOSE AND REPLACE LREAR POSITION SENSOR E6021
PARTS...SENSOR **WARR RTN** 15124077

Hope this helps someone.
Old 04-11-2004, 10:48 AM

H2 Passion is off the scale

Hi,

I'm a new owner of H2, i will receive it in 10 days. Due to the delay delivery, the dealer is offering me the choice to take the Lux H2 with air spring suspension at the same price. But I've read here that the air spring suspension is going bad after 1,300 miles.

Pls Advise me, because Friday I will be there to tell him which one I want.

P.S: I like off-road a lot and half of my time will be normal use, and also i ordered the Edelbock Xtreme Travel Remote Reservoir Shocks and the edelbock Panhard Rods #5262 and the SMA Billet Aluminum Trailing Arms.

Any ideas and experience about them...

Cheers
Elie
Old 04-11-2004, 11:13 AM
Hummer Expert

Texas Red is off the scale

All I can tell you is I have 16900 miles here with some light off-roading on several occasions. Not a single problem with the air suspension/compressor system.
Old 04-12-2004, 05:16 PM

visualghummer is off the scale

Elie,

Hate to say it... But if I had to pick... I would not get the Air suspension... I'm the one that started this thread, my system failed at 1,300 miles... and was a major problem to iron out... But maybe GM fixed the problems in 2004 models.

regards,
jim
Old 04-12-2004, 06:30 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

My air suspension gets beaten on all the time, just not from wheeling, and I have not had a single problem.

To help with your decision:
Consider what the air will cost and what it is worth upon resale. You will see it does not cost much to have.
Old 04-13-2004, 12:25 AM
Hummer Expert

Hummer Man is off the scale

The design specification for AIR Suspension is that it should last the life of the vehicle.
Old 04-13-2004, 01:57 AM

Hi,

What are the real benefit of the Air suspension other than lift the car for 2 inch?
Do i really needed if i have the Edelbrock xtreme chock absorbers with remeote reserver and the trailing arm from sma and the panhard rods from Edelbrock also.

will it give better confort and better driving control on On-Road as well as Off-Road? or we will not feel a big difference?

P.S: due to the dealer delivery delay of my Lux H2, he is offering me the Air suspension for FREE.

Elie
Old 04-13-2004, 02:02 AM

Hi,

Any idea if the 2004 H2 has Problems with the Air Suspension ?

Elie
Old 04-13-2004, 03:16 AM
Hummer Veteran

Anthony is an unknown quantity at this point

We picked ours up Feb 27th this year and have over 1500 miles on it. It does cycle once in a while, not enough to make it annoying. We have had no problems with it sagging one way or another. It raises when we push the button and lowers just as it should. We bought it for off-roading as I have seen the difference in person that the extra clearance makes- Ask Cinci and R2. And also, I like a truck level when pulling a trailer (boat).

Ours is an 04 and gets its mirrors pulled in each time it is pulled in the garage, every day. Not a single problem with this yet either. I wonder about the seat though. I'm not sure the button puts it back in exactly the same spot that it is set for.

Overall, I'm glad we got the air susp.
Old 04-13-2004, 03:31 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Free Air, you have to ask? Take it and run. It will be worth it.

And I am not sure about that two inches. I have not measured it, but it looks more than that.

I swear Baby, that's 10"....

Seriously, take it.
Old 04-13-2004, 09:24 AM
Hummer Veteran

BIGT is off the scale

Get it for the load leveling alone! Helps in towing conditions and heavy loads. I have 33,000 miles with no problem. 2003 LUX.
Old 04-13-2004, 05:03 PM

Hi,

If heavy loads and towing conditions are not important for me, neither the lift of some Inch, Will the Air suspension help in driving contol and stability of the H2?

Elie
Old 04-13-2004, 05:36 PM

cinci is off the scale

Passion,

I believe the air suspension rides better on the road. I have approximately 24K miles on mine with no problems.

If you are going to go off road I don't think there is any question. The extra departure and break over angles alone are worth the extra expense. Also while the compressor is slow, about 10 minutes a tire to go from 16-45lbs, some type of air is a requirement for off roading.

One of the trucks that goes with us did have a problem with one of the rear sensors and the dealer replaced it under warranty. I expect to have a sensor go out at some point, almost everything breaks if you off road enough, but the benefits out way its limitations IMHO.
Green 97.5 H1 Wagon
Old 04-13-2004, 08:39 PM
Hummer Expert

Hummer Man is off the scale

H2PASSION, NO!
Old 04-13-2004, 09:00 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I agree with Hummer Man(ic)
Old 04-13-2004, 10:35 PM

Hi,

Thanks to all of you and for your comments, I still have until Friday to choose with or without the air suspension especially it’s offered for FREE.

I can see from your comments that some Lucky H2 owners didn’t have any problem and some did.

And also I can see that most air suspension problems have been fixed when visiting the dealer, unless of someone still having problems after trying to fix it, pls inform me if available.

But I’m still confused with my choice; I will try to explain what really I want from my H2 to do.

From my experience with 4x4: I always drive them by going On-Road to Off-Road without stopping, I go over 10 to 15 inch barrage at a speed of 60 miles and more and also jumping vertical from a road of 15 -20 inch to another lower road at higher speed than 70 miles.

I imagine myself driving the H2 at Maximum speed in Off-road racing like Reno race, i think 60% of it.
Hummer Off-Road Race

As I said before, I’m ordering all the necessary edelbrock shock and SMA trailing arms and Panhard Rod to feel free when I will do the crazy off-road driving. No mercy, No way to go slowly on off-road. (Excluding the Extreme Off-Road of Rocks where you can fall down in a big valley).

So, forgetting the lift, the heavy loads, the towing condition , if I will drive the H2 like I explained in my previous paragraph, will the Air suspension will be better to handle them and is it made for this type of driving or it’s better without it ?

Regards
Elie
Old 04-15-2004, 06:45 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by H2 Passion:

From my experience with 4x4: I always drive them by going On-Road to Off-Road without stopping, I go over 10 to 15 inch barrage at a speed of 60 miles and more and also jumping _vertical _ from a road of 15 -20 inch to another lower road at higher speed than 70 miles.

As I said before, I’m ordering all the necessary edelbrock shock and SMA trailing arms and Panhard Rod to feel free when I will do the crazy off-road driving. No mercy, No way to go slowly on off-road. (Excluding the Extreme Off-Road of Rocks where you can fall down in a big valley).

So, will the Air suspension will be better to handle them and is it made for this type of driving or it’s better without it ?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I really need your advise because I still have until tomorrow to choose the H2 with or without the air suspension.
Old 04-15-2004, 03:28 PM
Hummer Guru

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

You mean like this?:

Old 04-15-2004, 08:15 PM
Hummer Veteran

Bevo is off the scale

I call BS
Yellow 03 Adventure w/black Grill, UM8 Touch Screen Navigation Radio, U2K XM Digital Radio, Remote 6-CD Changer, JBA Titanium Headers, Corsa Off-Road Sport, Airaid Filter & MIT, Nology Wires & Plugs, S&P Pro-Flash, Warn 9.5ti w/X-Line, Toyo Open Country M/T 37x13.5.