H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 02-22-2006, 12:52 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Still on break
Old 02-22-2006, 02:56 PM
Banned

Still on break
Old 02-22-2006, 04:39 PM
Banned

anyone have a functioning brain they can donate.... I've seem to have lost mine.

I lied just a teeny bit yesterday. I didn't fully torque the idler nut all the way but didn't think it was that big of a deal. Well I had bolted the idler assembly back up to make it easier to work on the nut and so I wouldn't have anything binding up. I'll be damn if you can get any torque on a wrench to tighten that f'ing nut. I got it tight enough and am going to get one of the techs to torque it up at the dealership when I take it in to get a few things done and to test out a new Tahoe.

Now on to the big nut on the pitman. Sum-bitch. I can't break it. My cheater bar won't fit on my big crescent. I'm thinking about cutting the damn thing off and telling the wife the cat ate it.

BTW, I'm on another break.
Old 02-22-2006, 05:11 PM
Banned

I tried holding with a hex wrench and it just binds too much because the little hex wrench is so small. So, I had the bright idea of bolting the whole thing back up.

Now I am too lazy to unbolt it (that's a word) so I stare at the pitman side to see if I can scare it loose.
Old 02-22-2006, 05:12 PM
Banned

I am going to eat some Wheaties and go give it another heave.
Old 02-22-2006, 05:55 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by PARAGON:
dealership when I take it in to get a few things done and to test out a new Tahoe.
I've read the new Tahoe H2 is really cool.
Old 02-22-2006, 06:13 PM
Hummer Guru

RIC-H0 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by PARAGON:
I am going to eat some Wheaties and go give it another heave.

Might wanna put on one of your depends undergarments!

Just in case you have a blowout!
Old 02-22-2006, 06:52 PM
Banned

Damn Wheaties worked.

But, alas, no increase in horsepower and that damn squeak is still present. Other than my center link and steering box, my steering is feeling, well bullet resistant, maybe not proof.

The pitman side took about 9 mins 43 secs once I manned up and broke that big damn nut free. I drove it up and down the street and didn't hit any parked cars or anything. Can't tell much with the little driving I did, though.
Old 02-22-2006, 07:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by PhilD:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:
The pitman side took about 9 mins 43 secs
Almost as fast as me, the 10 minutes I referred to earlier was actually a rounded up 9' 41" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Yeah, but I was counting the 3 seconds it took me to burp
Old 02-22-2006, 08:00 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by PhilD:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhilD:
Almost as fast as me, the 10 minutes I referred to earlier was actually a rounded up 9' 41" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Yeah, but I was counting the 3 seconds it took me to burp </div></BLOCKQUOTE>And I counted the 9' 21" it took me to find a 32mm long handled wrench, and I didn't have to burp as I didn't need no wheaties to take off a little girly bolt </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That brought the laughter!!!!
Old 02-22-2006, 08:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by KenP:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhilD:
Almost as fast as me, the 10 minutes I referred to earlier was actually a rounded up 9' 41" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Yeah, but I was counting the 3 seconds it took me to burp </div></BLOCKQUOTE>And I counted the 9' 21" it took me to find a 32mm long handled wrench, and I didn't have to burp as I didn't need no wheaties to take off a little girly bolt </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That brought the laughter!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Shut it, that bolt's big
Old 02-23-2006, 06:23 PM
Banned

Two thumbs up on the Cognitos. I hit the interstate for about 15 miles to take the truck into the dealer and there was a defined difference at that speed.

In the back of my head I was wondering why I wasn't noticing my tires feeling slightly out of balance. After putting these on, I could feel it again. I definitely took out that tad bit of slop I thought I was getting.

Also, the new Tahoe is da bomb. Super quiet, push button rear door opening, push button folding second row seats, very smooth ride AND THE SEATS, they are like LAZY BOY RECLINERS
Old 02-24-2006, 12:54 AM
Hummer Authority

ree is an unknown quantity at this point

So what constitutes a qualified mechanic for this job. I'm not ready for this type of thing yet from the sound of it. I think I know who I'll have do it for me, but before I waste my money on countless labor hours is there some set of prerequisite experience so that I can tell them something like, "if you can do X, Y, and Z then you can do this for me without it taking 5 hours?"
Old 02-24-2006, 01:37 AM
Banned

A true mechanic with a lift should easily knock it out in 30 minutes time. Also having the right tools available helps. There is nothing technical to it but working on the idler is just a butt because of the original GM design.