H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 07-19-2005, 01:05 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

LMFAO!!!
Old 07-19-2005, 08:11 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LoLo:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alec W:
They do have Baby Lion's Back for babies </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

...would that be "kitten's back"? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>It would more accurately be referred to as "cub's back." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cubs back is funny.
This is where Adam took me to get me ready for the first trip. I had my H2 for about a month I think. I sharted(Drty's word) the first time I went up and over. It's really not baby, but VS LB, it is for sure!!!!!

You start up the front and your looking at nothing but sky. At this point you're not quite sure what's over the other side. Than you crest the peak and HOOOOLLLLYYYYSSSSHHHITTEE! It get a little narrow up top with some off camber stuff. Its really not that bad, but for some reason that seat cushion got stuck up my arss. than you start down the other side. IT'S A FING DROP OFF! Bt you go down slow and you don't slide... that much. At that point I almost picked up my cell phone to call for my mommy. But there were no bars.

Seriously though, this is where you should start. If anyone wants to, i'll take the m up that to get an idea and than they can go nuts.. ora spot will do for most. i think DRTY went up it the first time on his own. Even though it's steep, you can stop half way up and start again... same on the down side.
Old 07-19-2005, 09:43 PM
Hummer Messiah

Remember the this Disco that was crapped out half-way up the beginning of BLB?
I think Fins'n'Things is a good primer. So is 7 Mile Rim.
Attached Images

Old 07-19-2005, 09:57 PM
Hummer Messiah

Dahhh duuhnn... dahhh duhhn...
Attached Images

Old 07-20-2005, 12:37 AM
Hummer Professional

LoLo is off the scale

I am definitely beginning to think you guys ARE crazy! Let me pay up my life insurance -- wouldn't want the family left homeless -- and I will ride with one of you!

My pampered "mall machine" (the "desert sand diva") wouldn't know what to do in that kind of environment! (Yes, I admitted it!!! )

05 Desert Sand H2 Adv
Old 07-20-2005, 02:57 AM
Hummer Expert

NoMoGMPG is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DRTYFN:
Remember the this Disco that was crapped out half-way up the beginning of BLB?
I think Fins'n'Things is a good primer. So is 7 Mile Rim. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What the hell is that thing doing on the backside? I'll bet it got the crap beat out of it. Whats the departure angle? 15 degrees?
1999 AMGeneral H1 6.5TD BLACK Wagon e-Lockers Front and Back, Rubberduck4x4 RockTubes, Extended Undercarriage Protection,"Big Duck" 2" body lift/2 1/2" suspension lift, 41" IROK Radials on 17" Cepeks w/Rock Rims, (in process)Centered front diff, 3.08 gears, 12k Brakes and 12k halfshafts
Old 07-20-2005, 03:28 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Good place to start to prime the pump. BTW, what's up with that rock to the right? Looks like a nice steep climb at the top.
Old 07-22-2005, 03:32 PM
Hummer Messiah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
Good place to start to prime the pump. BTW, what's up with that rock to the right? Looks like a nice steep climb at the top. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not climbable. But I did take a leak on it.
Old 08-05-2005, 07:20 PM
Hummer Guru

dochummer is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timgco:
Well, I got it back today. They told me that the full size Chevy vans have the same issue and the FUEL PUMP has been the issue.

So sice they could not duplicate, that's what they went with. They changed out the fuel pump and said it should be fine. I'll find out Friday at let you all know.

If not, it will be strike TWO... provided i make it off the mountain. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey timgco, or to whomever else is interested... I was chatting with the local GM rep here and he mentioned that the 05's were having a huge problem at high altitude or high temperatures (I thought of you )and he said that apparantely the issue is indeed with the fuel pump/system and they have a fix for it now. He said that new parts will be available next week...it's been all the talk in his parts division...the only problem is that there is no recall or service bulletin written up for it...as far as he knows. This is probably old news for you, but thought it was good that GM now has an official fix...

'03 H2
Old 08-06-2005, 01:04 AM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dochummer:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timgco:
Well, I got it back today. They told me that the full size Chevy vans have the same issue and the FUEL PUMP has been the issue.

So sice they could not duplicate, that's what they went with. They changed out the fuel pump and said it should be fine. I'll find out Friday at let you all know.

If not, it will be strike TWO... provided i make it off the mountain. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey timgco, or to whomever else is interested... I was chatting with the local GM rep here and he mentioned that the 05's were having a huge problem at high altitude or high temperatures (I thought of you )and he said that apparantely the issue is indeed with the fuel pump/system and they have a fix for it now. He said that new parts will be available next week...it's been all the talk in his parts division...the only problem is that there is no recall or service bulletin written up for it...as far as he knows. This is probably old news for you, but thought it was good that GM now has an official fix... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

NICE! Thanks for the update. Since they replaced my fuel pump I have had it to 14000ft (MT Evans) and had no issues, but I have not had it in the dust and at altitude to put my concerns at ease. I appreciate the update.