H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 08-24-2005, 02:05 AM
Hummer Guru

ROX is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe you could go with an ice blue color to match the blue inside the PIAA lights. They have all sorts of colors. And there is a link to the color tabs on one of the links above. Shale Blue Metallic. That might look cool peeking out behind the lights.
Attached Images

Old 08-24-2005, 12:55 PM
Hummer Guru

Good Job!
The white is nice and makes it look kind of stealthy.
The blue is nice and matches the lights, but I like white better.
And Black always works in a pinch. Kind of like clothes.
Red was out, for me.

If you did use the white, the instructions for the letters say there will be a small amount of the original color left around the edges, so the white letters would look framed. Definitely domed letters, too.
Old 08-24-2005, 03:08 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Humm This:
Thanks, I was thinking white or black too. How come you think I should get domed? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Domed will throw off a little shadow and make the white stand out more. (My opinion).
But with your rig, a white grill and some chrome letters might look good too. Keep the theme so to speak.
Old 08-24-2005, 04:13 PM
Hummer Guru

There's only one way to find out.

Have you read the info on HummercustomsTAZ? His whole undercarriage is chrome. You've got a lot more work to do, Grasshoppah!
Old 08-24-2005, 04:36 PM
Hummer Professional

LoLo is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Humm This:

Inside can be seen at: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2072315 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think we have a new "King of Bling"!

05 Desert Sand H2 Adv
Old 08-24-2005, 06:55 PM
Hummer Guru

Mine was aswell, except over time, the original owner didn't keep it clean and now it's like this. <span class="ev_code_RED">Like what?</span>I dunno if there's a way to restore it with just using polishes or anything, I dont wanna have to take it off and get it rechromed. Cause if I do, I wanna make the H2 symbol on it white </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Are you talking about the Front Skid plate? That's can be really shiney, just take it off and Buff the Heck out of it with metal polish.(looks like toothpaste.) Then have it annodized. You can even have it done in mutiple colors.
Old 08-24-2005, 06:57 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LoLo:

Inside can be seen at: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2072315 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think we have a new "King of Bling"! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who was the old king? Thanks for photochopping my grill.
Old 08-30-2005, 12:12 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H2 Rocks:
Mine was aswell, except over time, the original owner didn't keep it clean and now it's like this. <span class="ev_code_RED">Like what?</span>I dunno if there's a way to restore it with just using polishes or anything, I dont wanna have to take it off and get it rechromed. Cause if I do, I wanna make the H2 symbol on it white </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Are you talking about the Front Skid plate? That's can be really shiney, just take it off and Buff the Heck out of it with metal polish.(looks like toothpaste.) Then have it annodized. You can even have it done in mutiple colors. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry for being unclear. It looks sort of stained but not really. It just looks dirty and not polished. Like there is dirt/dust on it but won't come off. How do I take it off? Does it cover any important components that won't allow me to drive with it off? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Sorry for the delay, I've been out of touch for a couple of days.

There are about 6 bolts that hold the skid plate on. It's not hard to remove. Then you can polish it or have it painted.

I got my letters yesterday. I'm surprised that they're just a little sticker thing, they arent metal or plastic. I hope they work. I'll post a pic after I get them on.
Old 09-01-2005, 03:55 PM
Hummer Authority

Location: In da Chi! I am not only the originator of the H.O.A.B. club. I am also a member
Mr. I - Man is an unknown quantity at this point

R u gonna chrome the winch too!

Waayy too much Bling
Old 09-01-2005, 04:04 PM

shipbldr is off the scale

Let me know when you chrome the winch.

I'm doing mine too. I just got in a Milemarker 12,000 hydraulic. It'll probably start disassembly tonight.

It's going to take a lot of work to polish off all of that nasty powdercoat. Then I'll mirror shine it. Finally will come plating.

My H2 is white with all chrome also.

I am thinking of doing my winch on gold instead of chrome to help it stand out more.

Of course there's also the burning issue of whether or not to chrome the winch mount also...

Ahh... the challenges we face daily....

2 Pissed off dealer mechanics, Origami frame, Convex UCP, 2 Bent cross members, Dented driveshaft, Broken sway bar mounts, misaligned transmission, exhaust leak, Pl