H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 03-09-2007, 01:37 AM
Hummer Veteran

vlxjim is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ultimate iPod adaptor and 10Min install

Thanks,

I’m glad this is all working out. And yes play list are a must. For me I have ALT, TECH, 80’s, 90’s, 2000, Reggae, Slow And Country I’m going to become a dad in the next week or so, so it looks like I'll be adding Kid’s to the list to, I also have four play lists that I break up the artist into so its easer to search for artist.

Old 03-14-2007, 11:31 PM
Hummer Veteran

JoeHummer is on a distinguished road

Great post. I think even i could install that. So, I just ordered one.

However, how do you switch between the ipod, XM and AUX using the screen or the steering wheel? Not sure how that works.

Thanks for this great product.
Old 03-15-2007, 04:35 AM
Hummer Veteran

LV_H2 is on a distinguished road

The Nucleus iPod Adapter "shares" the XM1 band. You will use the "band" button to select AM/FM/XM etc as usual. When you select XM1, the first (#1) preset button then becomes a "toggle" button to let you select XM, iPod, or Aux.

The unit works great, but there is a small learning curve. The key is to understand that your six "preset" buttons now have a "function". The instruction manual for the Nucleaus refers to them as Button #1, Button#2, etc. It is not too difficult to learn.

The only confusion is what these preset buttons are labelled. If you use XM and have used these six buttons for preset stations, then they will be labelled as the XM station, EVEN WHEN USING THE ipod adapter. You just need to know that they are Button #1 thru button#6.

I took the opposite approach. I don't care to see the station label for my preset XM stations, instead I have the buttons labelled for the Nucleus iPod functions. The "trick" was to import a CD into iTunes that I didn't need, then CHANGE THE SONG NAME FOR SIX OF THEM. I named
the "songs": "iPod/XM/AUX", "BLANK#2","R_SCROLL","F_SCROLL","SELECT" and "CHOICES". When "playing" this album thru the iPod adapater, I played each of those "songs" and then pressed and held the preset buttons. They are now labelled appropriately for the Ipod adpater functions!

Good Luck and have fun. I think it is the best unit out there. Not perfect, but worth it.

2007 Victory Red LE H2
2005 Yellow H2 - Traded
2004 Victory Red LE H2 - Traded
Old 03-15-2007, 04:59 AM
Hummer Expert

Tex_h2 is on a distinguished road

How does this adapter work with the 04 Nav screen without XM.....I've been reading and reading, it says you need a "band" button...
Old 03-15-2007, 02:58 PM
Hummer Veteran

Not sure. You can call American International/Nucleus and talk to their tech department: www.americaninternational.net

2007 Victory Red LE H2
2005 Yellow H2 - Traded
Old 03-21-2007, 03:55 AM
Hummer Veteran

hummer.dad is on a distinguished road

I just received mine from logjam. The outside of the package says rev.5.03. Is this the correct rev? Is this what everyone else was shipped from logjam? One post said re 5.3 or higher, did they really mean 5.03 or higher? Just want to make sure B4 installing.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:32 PM
Hummer Veteran

Yes. Version 5.03 is the one that I have on the unit that I just installed and it works fine.

2007 Victory Red LE H2
2005 Yellow H2 - Traded
Old 03-22-2007, 01:50 AM
Hummer Veteran

I received ver 5.03 as well. The install was just like posted. No problems. My only problem was that I don't understand the controlls and I don't see the song titles, albums and artists.

Is my iPod the problem or did I not wait on the hand shake? I waited a minute or more to do the hand shake befor making the change to the iPod.

Sound is good and I am otherwise happy with the product. Some of the steering wheel controls work, like seek.

Let me know if I missed something on the labels.

Thanks.
Old 03-22-2007, 06:44 AM
Hummer Veteran

Here is a link to the instruction manual for the peripheral electronics unit. It is identical to the Nucleus.

http://peripheralelectronics.com/per...structions.pdf

If you have a NAV screen, here is what you need to do:

First, the "preset station" buttons are used for functions and will be referrred to as Button #1 thru Button #6.

I assume you have figured out that button #1 toggles between ipod, XM, and aux and that you are able to select ipod/nucleus and hear the ipod music.

The next button to use is #6. It will toggle between playlist mode, album mode, artist mode, and finally a mode labelled "4 to NAV ipod". If you press the #4 preset button, you will now be in Advanced Mode and control the ipod from the NAV screen and see the title and artist.

To go back to manual mode/ipod control: hit button #6 until "5 to manual" is displayed. At that point hit preset #5 and you will manually control the music from the ipod, but lose the ability to see title and artist.

Hope this helps.

2007 Victory Red LE H2
2005 Yellow H2 - Traded
Old 03-23-2007, 05:32 AM
Hummer Veteran

LV-H2,

Thank for helping out with the info. My Wife and I just had a baby Boy. So I have been super busy. Keep up the good work.
Old 03-23-2007, 06:31 AM
Hummer Veteran

Congratulations on your baby!

Did you get him a new "nano"?

I made some upgrades to the ipod set-up and moved the ipod to the center console. Running the adapter cable from glove box to center console was NOT easy. I used a fish tape and trial and error. Finally running a wire from center console to a "break" in the panelling along the left leg area of the passenger side, then on to the glove box. No pictures and no advice as it was more will then style getting it there!

Having said that, it now allows easy manual use of the ipod for selecting albums/playlists/etc. Then I switch to auto mode so that the songs title and artist are visible on the NAV screen.

Congrats again on the new baby!

2007 Victory Red LE H2
2005 Yellow H2 - Traded
Old 03-23-2007, 02:57 PM
Hummer Veteran

VLXJIM - Hey, Congrats on the new arrival.

Getting any sleep?

LV_H2 - Thanks for the new link. That is the information that should have come with the package. I now know what to do.

Thanks again to all for the great product and Tech Support.

What a great group.
Old 03-23-2007, 04:03 PM
Hummer Veteran

I now have mine installed and love it. Not only is the sound cd quality, but you can turn it up loud. With the DLO transpod I would have the volume up all the way and alot of songs were not very loud. I changed the preset names as described in this thread and changed how my songs are organized on the ipod. I have a 60GB with about 50 filled with music. Definitley needed to reorganize playlists to allow faster browsing using the NAV screen. I did try hooking a portable DVD player to the AUX. It works but has a very loud hum. Called tech support and they recommend a ground loop isolator from Radio Shack. Hooked it up last night and still have the loud hum. It must be the power interference making it's way to the stereo. I've gone back to using the DLO transpod for the portable DVD player in the backseat and unhooked the AUX in. Anybody have any other ideas on why the DVD had so much noise? I would like to run it through the AUX in but can't stand the constant hum.
Old 03-23-2007, 04:58 PM
Hummer Novice

carlosb2005 is on a distinguished road

Hi guys I am really in need of help about this topic....when I got my Hummer I order it with the Nav System but with out XM ( I guess this means that the xm modulator is not there...correct me if I am wrong). I am dying to listen to my IPOD through the Hummers premium sound system. I know the nucleus adapter works with out the XM and I should just get a different harness with it. My concern is that since i need to order a different part, is the installation more difficult?? will I have to cut wires and do stuff like that??. Has anyone installed the adapter that didnt have XM???...My hummer is a lease so obviously i have to give it back the way they have it to me and if i have to cut wires then i guess ill have to use an fm modulator which i don't want...i want the best possible sound that I can get....can anyone give me any suggestions/tips?.....please??? thanks
Old 03-23-2007, 06:01 PM
Hummer Veteran

All you need is the other harness. But you do need to remove the radio. The other harness plugs into the back of the nav radio and there?s no wires to cut. Takes about an hour and a half to install.
Old 03-23-2007, 06:13 PM
Hummer Veteran

Am I correct that getting to the back of the radio is a Dashboard Removal type of job with a much higher level of difficulty that the GloveBox Removal 10 min install?

2007 Victory Red LE H2
2005 Yellow H2 - Traded
Old 03-23-2007, 06:14 PM
Hummer Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlxjim
All you need is the other harness. But you do need to remove the radio. The other harness plugs into the back of the nav radio and there?s no wires to cut. Takes about an hour and a half to install.

Thank You very much for the response, do you know if removing the radio is an easy process?? I am guessing that it is difficult since it takes an hour and a half compared to 10 minutes if i had xm...Are there any features that I will be losing since I dont have XM?....
Old 03-23-2007, 06:27 PM
Hummer Novice

Actually the ebay link has instructions on what to do if you don't have XM.........too complicated for me plus it's only a lease, too chicken to mess something up.... guess I'll have to settle with a FM transmitter and get lousy sound quality... oh well, wish the 2006 Hummer H3's Navigation Systems had an AUX port.

Thanks alot for the responses

oh here is the link http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...keT rack=true
Old 03-26-2007, 06:17 PM
Hummer Veteran

Hey Guys,

JoeHummer and I have both had "strange" electrical problems and have both installed the Nucleus X2i Ipod Adapter. See his thread titled "Dash Lights Flashing".

Anybody else with this issue? My car is new, so I can't be certain if it is the car or the iPod adapter.....

2007 Victory Red LE H2
2005 Yellow H2 - Traded
Old 03-27-2007, 03:13 AM
Hummer Veteran

I posted on the other thread as well. I have an '06 SUT. I installed the ipod adapter last Wednesday. Starting on Friday I have had my abs, brake & trac ctnl lights flash and the chime ring 3 times. Happens randomly and only periodically. I took mine to the dealer today for some other issues and mentioned this to them. I did not tell them about the adapter. Maybe I should as this might be the only issue. Let us know as soon as you talk with AI.