H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 10-30-2004, 04:07 PM
Hummer Veteran

Bevo is off the scale

Klaus/PartsGuy,
Any luck on locating and installing the TNR? I cant seem to locate it for purchase via the 15120706 p#
Yellow 03 Adventure w/black Grill, UM8 Touch Screen Navigation Radio, U2K XM Digital Radio, Remote 6-CD Changer, JBA Titanium Headers, Corsa Off-Road Sport, Airaid Filter & MIT, Nology Wires & Plugs, S&P Pro-Flash, Warn 9.5ti w/X-Line, Toyo Open Country M/T 37x13.5.
Hummer Veteran

Bevo is off the scale

Klaus/PartsGuy,
Any luck on locating and installing the TNR? I cant seem to locate it for purchase via the 15120706 p#
Yellow 03 Adventure w/black Grill, UM8 Touch Screen Navigation Radio, U2K XM Digital Radio, Remote 6-CD Changer, JBA Titanium Headers, Corsa Off-Road Sport, Airaid Filter & MIT, Nology Wires & Plugs, S&P Pro-Flash, Warn 9.5ti w/X-Line, Toyo Open Country M/T 37x13.5.
Hummer Veteran

Bevo is off the scale

Klaus/PartsGuy,
Old 10-30-2004, 05:24 PM
Hummer Guru

Klaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Bevo,

Do NOT buy part number 15120706 for your 2003 H2. That part number is for the 2005 (and possibly late 2004) H2s. I am working on this now.

The Bose amps were changed in mid 2004 to a lower grade model. 2003s have the "LUX" amp, just like the Cadillac Escalades. The later 2004s and the 2005s have the "premium" Bose system. You can tell the difference my the audio selections available on your radio. If your audio selections include "Normal, Driver, Rear, and Spacious" you have the "LUX" amp. If your selections include "Custom" you have the "premium" amp.

This is important, as the 2005 Hummer has the "premium" amp. The TNR for the "premium" amp vehicles appears to be different than for the "LUX" amp vehicles. Picking the wrong combination appears to not work (no audio).

The 2005 Escalade appears to have the TNR and "LUX" amp combination.
Old 10-30-2004, 06:20 PM
Hummer Veteran

Bevo is off the scale

Klaus,
Thanks for the heads up... I do have the "Lux" amp. I would like to replace the stock 6 disc head unit with the TNR and XM. Any halp on P#'s and instructions would be appreciated.
Old 10-30-2004, 06:39 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Just saw this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7931469565&catego ry=38653
Old 10-30-2004, 06:44 PM
Banned

Is it TNR or INR.<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Delphi Entertains Consumers at CESAt its CES exhibit (Las Vegas Convention Center, North Hall, Booth #7113), Delphi will showcase the latest technologies available for in-vehicle entertainment and connectivity. The company will also demonstrate several future products.

"From the time radio was integrated into vehicles, consumers have craved entertainment and information while commuting and Delphi has been a leader in meeting that demand," said Dave Wohleen, president, Electronics & Mobile Communication Sector, Delphi Automotive Systems. "This year, we are showing the latest Delphi innovations to bring the newest products like satellite radio, rear-seat DVD playback, voice-controlled navigation, wireless Internet access, and wireless networks to consumers."

TECHNOLOGY HIGHLIGHT - 802.11a
Delphi will be the first company to publicly demonstrate new uses for wireless data networks. On a specially equipped vehicle, Delphi will show how licensed video, audio files and other data are seamlessly transmitted between the vehicle and homes, offices and other future provider sources.

Specifically, in a demonstration developed with Intel Corporation, Delphi will use the IEEE 802.11a wireless networking standard to transfer video files from a home or office environment to a vehicle equipped with Delphi's rear- seat entertainment electronics.

"Delphi is aggressively researching and developing products and systems to ensure that the day when you can fill up your gas tank and download the latest DVD release for a long road trip isn't far off," said Wohleen. "At CES, we don't only want to show what's available to consumers today; we want to give them a glimpse of what connectivity and entertainment options are coming -- soon."

TECHNOLOGY HIGHLIGHT - MOBILE PRODUCTIVITY SYSTEMS
Delphi Aftermarket Operations, with MobileAria, the pioneer in True Hands Free(TM) productivity services, will introduce its line of sophisticated Communiport(R) Mobile Productivity Systems that allow wireless access to Internet information via MobileAria's service.

The systems will give drivers hands-free voice access to a laptop, Bluetooth(TM) mobile phone and MobileAria's array of information services.

The systems are currently being used in the San Francisco Bay Area and are expected to be available in the retail market later this year.

TECHNOLOGY HIGHLIGHT - SATELLITE DIGITAL AUDIO RECEIVER SERVICE
With the launch of satellite radio, Delphi is showing the first production satellite receiver technology.

Delphi's Satellite Digital Audio Receivers will be shown on several original equipment applications in Delphi's exhibit. Delphi was the first to attain OEM manufacturing contracts to provide receivers for both competing satellite signals. Satellite radio provides coast-to-coast broadcast of more than 100 stations of digital-quality music, news and entertainment for a monthly fee. With satellite radio, subscribers can listen to their favorite programs without the station fading to static as they travel.

The company is expected to make several business announcements regarding contracts to provide satellite radio receivers for various OEM customers.

TECHNOLOGY HIGHLIGHT - INTEGRATED NAVIGATION RADIO
Delphi's Integrated Navigation Radio (INR) that was first introduced on Cadillac's all new CTS, will be featured on several vehicles at the Delphi stand.

As the market for on-board navigation grows, Delphi is pursuing the development of technologies that meet demand for voice-controlled route guidance. Delphi's demonstration will show how its systems can be configured to meet various customer specifications. Delphi will also show retail versions of the INR.

For more information about Delphi Automotive Systems, please visit Delphi's Virtual Press Room at http://www.delphiauto.com/vpr .

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 10-30-2004, 07:02 PM
Hummer Guru

The INR is the 2004 NAV unit (Integrated Navigation Radio - what I have now).

The TNR is the 2005 NAV unit (Touchscreen Navigation Radio)
Old 10-30-2004, 07:21 PM
Banned

Ok, thanks. I didn't realize the difference when I was trying to look it up.
Old 10-31-2004, 10:33 AM
Hummer Veteran

Bevo is off the scale

Klaus,
Saw your posts on the Avalanche site. I realize that you are in the process of verifying and I'll wait until you do. I do have a question about the Onstar XM antenna. Will it work with the new TNR HU and do we still have to purchase the GPS antenna? If it does work, what is the P# for it?:

So if I followed along, this would be the requisite P#'s if I wanted to do TNR and XM:

Power Radio Antenna Module
2004-2005 nav unit

Add on XM player for 2003-2004 trucks

DISC-NAVN DATA

Power Radio Antenna Module (GPS Antenna)

Also, are you aware of any GM multidisc CD players that are mp3 compatible that will work with this setup?
Old 10-31-2004, 02:25 PM
Hummer Guru

Bevo,

Those part numbers look good. HOWEVER - I have not done the TNR yet. No guarantees!

You still need to buy the GPS antenna for the NAV.

I can't recommend the 2005 antenna for XM. The wiring/connectors are completely different between the 2003 and 2005 H2s. Besides, the XM kit comes with an XM antenna. If your 2003 has a sunroof, you might want to use an aftermarket magnetic/stick-on XM antenna. They are not very expensive. The other option would be to buy and install the 2005 AM/FM antenna, and mount the antenna from the XM kit where the 2003 factory AM/FM antenna is located on the roof.

I'm not aware of any GM MP3 player, but they might exist.
Old 11-01-2004, 03:09 PM
Hummer Guru

I just ordered the TNR. I should have it by the end of the week, and if so, can install it this weekend.

More later...
Old 11-02-2004, 12:14 AM

RADIOMAN_NYC is off the scale

If you guys want something realy cool, I just converted my "05" TNR unit to operate with my rear view backup camera (automatic when car is put into reverse) as well as hooked it up to my DVD player, damn good quality video screen too, suprised the **** out of me, I thought it would only be so,so video, but its great. There are a couple of people making and installing units, but this one is the "real deal"
http://www.navwithtv.com/
Old 11-02-2004, 02:45 AM

hummer17 is off the scale

How does it work?

Do you have to hit some little relay switch under the dash or does it use a button on the factory unit?

How about for rear view?

Show some pictures...
Old 11-02-2004, 06:48 PM
Hummer Guru

Well, the TNR was delivered! They shipped it overnight.

Time to take the truck apart again this weekend!
Old 11-02-2004, 07:01 PM
Banned

What part number did you order and where from? I know you will post this info when your are done but I was just curious.
Old 11-02-2004, 08:07 PM
Hummer Guru

Let me test it before I keep publishing the part number.

It was expensive, but still a little less than a used one recently sold for on ebay! And that one needed to be unlocked at a dealer. I bought mine from an ACDelco Distributor.

More info to follow...
Old 11-10-2004, 08:21 PM

H2Chuck is off the scale

Klaus,

Please let me know if you dont mind when you have all the P#'s and info to change out the factory 6 disc changer to the touch creen navigator in my 03 H2.I would be very appreciative to say the least.I am new to this so if i have left any info out please let me know ,,Thanks
Old 11-11-2004, 12:15 AM
Hummer Guru

H2Chuck,

My project has been delayed a few days... I hope to post good news next week!
Old 11-15-2004, 09:58 PM
Hummer Guru

The 2005 TNR Touchscreen Navigation works fine in my 2003.
Attached Images