H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 08-20-2003, 01:21 PM
Hummer Expert

Hum2 is off the scale

Roadsurfer:

Hit the road!

Ric

OMAHOG/IHOG
Hum2@cox.net
Old 08-20-2003, 08:32 PM

Roadsurfer is off the scale

Buckeye....

Your reverence for the H2 is laudable, but borders on the pathological.

And whereas disagreements can be fun in these forums, you've decided to make this into a personal issue. So, hell, sport, if ya wanna dance THAT dance, I am down

Lets cut to the chase...you're a hypoctrite...a pathological hypocrite, at that.

You suggest that your business is above reproach..essentially, you define the ethical execution of a business....yet you are more than willing to attack my ethics. That is simply juvenile, as well as hypoctrical.

Your "public" standards are apparently inconsistent with your "personal" standards...because in here, where you have the protection of anonymity, and therefore dont have to subscribe to what you define as superior business ethics, you're more than willing to make this a personal issue, and insult me personally.

Bad form, Willis....means you're hypocrticial.

You further inflate your own sense of self-worth by "adding into" the fundamental bias you already espouse....you suggest that I "went against my own professional opinion"...

Nothing could be further from the truth. Like most biased hypocrites, you associate value with assumptions to extend your argument. Naturally, that argument falls down in the face of facts, but it sounds good when you type it, doesnt it?

In the end, this thing is nothing more than an object. Its ONLY value is to the person that posesses it. Its is soulless.

It is hardly the religion that you have apparently made it. In the end, it is simply a truck. And last time I checked.......

...I have NEVER insulted someone personally for their work. Ever. I could give a rats ass if you dont like it...thats fine with me. In fact, I suspected the reaction of the H2 Devotees to be similar to what I have seen.

I didnt expect bigotry and personal attacks.

But hey.....it IS fun. So, if ya wanna continue in this vein, I am down. I mean, other than enjoying this forum, I only have a couple other tasks...

One of which is cutting the roof off one of these things to make a convertible out of it.

Want me to post some pics?
Old 08-20-2003, 08:34 PM

Hum2:

No!

Bill
Old 08-20-2003, 09:28 PM

2slo4now is off the scale

hey roadsurfer

Can't say that I would spend the $25K or so to get my H2 to look like that but there is something on your truck that I like alot. What did you use to flush hummer out of the back bumper? Have you had any cracking.

You know not one single person that sees my hummer asks what kind of truck it is. They know exactly what it is without having to read advertising recessed into the back bumper.

Dan from Alabama
Old 08-20-2003, 10:05 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Roadsurfer,

I have to agree with most others on their take of your rendition of the H2, BUT when you figure out some type of convertible or even a movable roof, please post pics and details.

A forum is about sharing ideas and to post on this forum you have to take the good and the bad. I wouldn't take our negative comments personally but most of the owners feel part of a "club" that very similar to owners of jeeps, rovers and harleys for that matter.

I believe this post is the first negative comment I have made on this forum as I don't feel the need to bash someone else's tastes. Like others have said, to each his own. Creating a vehicle that barely resembles an H2 is never going to be well accepted on an H2 message board, regardless of the hard work put into it.

Again, if you work on some type of convertible or sliding roof and it is well done, I would consider buying another H2 and letting you go at it.
Old 08-20-2003, 10:16 PM
Circuitguy

Hey Road,
I think it looks sweet! That would be a real head turner! But is it real? Photoshop or Bodyshop? LMK! BIG-C

As to Badrap, he just needs a truck a little higher than that. There are a bunch of speed bumps on his 1/4 mile long drive up to his house that your H2 will never clear! HAHA! BIG-C

First American Properties Inc. 916-858-2383
White 03-H2-LUX
Old 08-21-2003, 03:56 AM
Hummer Expert

Buckeye Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Well you started with this:

"Boys, boys, boys.....

At the end of the day? A Hummer is just another Chevy truck. Actually, another Chevy truck with a ton of plastic crap on the front. Gotta be honest with yourselves, fellas. Its a Tahoe, with a Jeep front end.

So, Cadillac plastic crap is somehow worse than an oversize Cherokee grille and those gay-ass H2 plastic wings on the mid bumper?"

And then you said this:

"And I have a thick skin...my motto for stock H2 owners is the same as for Corvette owners..."

"Nice hair piece, sorry about your penis"

Which was later followed by this inconsistent statement:

"I have NEVER insulted someone personally for their work"

You are right, you just insulted all H2 owners in general not on their work HYPROCRITE!

You toss stones, I take them and toss them back. It's a forum, people talk, people get mad, people get information. If you are incapable of handling criticism than don't post. We're still a free society ya know.

Good luck with your rejects I mean projects
Old 08-21-2003, 04:14 PM

rpflex is off the scale

[quote]Originally posted by Roadsurfer:
I'd love to enlighten you

...my motto for stock H2 owners is the same as for Corvette owners...

"Nice hair piece, sorry about your penis"QUOTE]

Hey Roadsurfer -

Corvette dissing, too?!? I for one have extremely thick hair and, last time I checked, didn't have a penis. (Definitely, not wanting pity for that!)

Regardless, I feel your conversion is cool... not for everyone, but a fine example of good old American ingenuity. I like your web site as well. It's got some bugs, but the overall design is really good.

I, for one, welcome you to the forum and commend you for your replies to all the haters out there (with the exception of you corvette comment, of course).

2003 Yellow H2
2002 Millenium Yellow ZO6
Old 08-21-2003, 04:37 PM
Hummer Professional

HUMMERDOGG is an unknown quantity at this point

roadsurfer-

Can't a brother get some pics 'round here? Are you ignoring my posts??? I am sincere when I ask you for additional pics. In between your blasting posts, can you walk outside and take some more pics and post them? If you have to, private topic them to me.

-HUMMERDOGG

*member of the "No Hummer Krew"*
Old 08-21-2003, 04:38 PM

jmldenver is off the scale

Roadsurfer,

Although the design isn't for me I have to admit that is one incredible conversion. You guys should definitely be proud of the task completed and you should show it off.

I find it entertaining that so many members of this forum have gotten their butts hurt over one conversion completed on one hummer that they are likely to never even see or hear about outside of this forum. You guys have not just expressed your opinion on the conversion but you have literally taken it personal...lol...GROW UP.
Old 08-21-2003, 04:39 PM

DiscoDancingRover is off the scale

Why is it seem that most people on this forum have an H2 and a vette? Don't get it. I agree with roadsufer in my dislike for that thing you call a vette. Don't see much point in a car that can't handle turns too well. I would think an NSX would go perfectly with an H2.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
Old 08-21-2003, 05:15 PM

HUMMERDOG

My bad....

e-mail me at bill@roadsurfer.net and I will hook you up with whatever pics you want
Old 08-21-2003, 05:20 PM

rpflex

My apologies for not specifying that my "vette" comment was gender-specific.

Call me your typical sexist, but I happen to appreciate a female in a vette

And thanks for your comments...I fundamentally agree with the notion that conversions like this are not for the masses...but I also agree that the exercise of modifying something is part of the onward expansion of the custom truck sport...and I am all for that
Old 08-21-2003, 05:26 PM

2slo4now

That smoothed bumper is our prototype...we built that by cutting out the logo, back-glue ABS platic, and filling it with fiberglass filler.

We've had no cracking, but we are going to reproduce those as a "blank" piece, for production purposes
Old 08-21-2003, 06:09 PM

Buckeye Hummer

Sigh.....son, you're gonna have to pay closer attention if you want this schoolin' to pay off....I dont have inexhaustible patience, you know.

But, lets revist, shall we: First, discrediting an object is not the same as discrediting an individual, unless that individual identifies SO strongly with that object that he/she takes that criticism as a personal insult.

The english language has a word for that..."Materialism". Materialism is the worshiping of tangible objects.

So, here's the test: Does my identifying that the mid-bumper wings, snorkel pods, and non-fucntional cowl vents are goofy cause you personal distress?

Does my emphasis on the fact that the mid-bumper wings are a cheesy afterthought (have you looked closely at those things!? It amazes me that such in-your-face abuse of the consumer doesnt give you pause....I mean, how "Chryler-esque!") cause you to feel personally insulted?

The thing is JUST an object. The truck does not define one, unless one must be externally validated. If one IS defined by what one drives...then we have the spectre of materialism to deal with...

So, yeah. My opinion is, obviously...that its just a truck. And particularly fun to cut up, because it lights SO many peoples asses on fire

Finally...you suggested that I just insulted all H2 owners...well, sport, that ain't entirely accurate. Simply reading the remainder of this thread will prove that.

Cheer up, princess. You'll come around, eventually
Old 08-21-2003, 06:22 PM

hinten is off the scale

Roadsurfer, everyone,
cool it everyone, it's a freaking car at the end of the day.
I for one am interested in getting more pictures of details posted. I like the idea of a smooth back bumper, I've also been looking for a different door for the trunk. I'd love to be able to open the trunk door window seperately from the door.

How about it, some more pics?
Old 08-21-2003, 07:12 PM
Hummer Professional

HUMMERDOGG is an unknown quantity at this point

Roadsurfer-

Check your private topics when you get a chance.

-HUMMERDOGG

*member of the "No Hummer Krew"*
Old 08-21-2003, 07:54 PM

Grim_Smoker is off the scale

Not hijacking the thread, just going to poke at Chris like I always do. How do you figure the vette doesn't handle well? It's out done the Viper until this year if I remember correctly, and it also outhandles the NSX as well. To each his own, I understand you aren't a big fan of the car, but don't bash it for something that isn't true!

-Grim

2003 Sunset Metalic Orange H2 - Breathless Stage 2B, HID's, Gobi Rack & Ladder.

2003 Millenium Yellow Z06

2003 Millenium Yellow Z06
Old 08-21-2003, 08:18 PM
Hummer Expert

Buckeye Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Road Surfer,

When it degrades to name calling i.e. "princess" I stop. If you feel the need to send me something directly just open a private topic and send it to me.

Good Luck with your business.
Old 08-21-2003, 08:41 PM

NCHummerman is off the scale

I have a question .... what exactly are mid-bumper wings ?

Thanks,

Michael
---
Pewter Hummer H2
Northern California

www.zootsuitstore.com
------------------------------------
Northern California

www.zootsuitstore.com
------------------------------------