H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 05-17-2004, 03:51 PM
Hummer Professional

HummerLV is off the scale

The H2 Tie Rods have finished testing and I am taking orders for them now. The pricing will be finalized this week and I will email you the price. Right now I think they will be $599.00 per set.

Travis DePew

aka. RubberDuck

www.RubberDuck4x4.com

Viva La E.C.H.O.
Old 05-17-2004, 03:51 PM
Hummer Professional

HummerLV is off the scale

The H2 Tie Rods have finished testing and I am taking orders for them now. The pricing will be finalized this week and I will email you the price. Right now I think they will be $599.00 per set.

Travis DePew

aka. RubberDuck

www.RubberDuck4x4.com

Viva La E.C.H.O.
Old 05-17-2004, 04:42 PM

FrgMstr is off the scale

Group buy possibilities? I am interested, but $600 seems a bit steep at first glance. Also, I know nothing about suspension components and this may be in line with exactly what it should be. I would love to hear what our other H2 brothers have to say.

Also, do you know how your parts will impact the warranties we have? I have a feeling I might be better off carrying a set of spares. (Anyone got part numbers for the stock replacements?)

Please don't think I am trying to rain on your parade. I think these are solid issues that will concern most of the folks here. That said, thanks for catering to this market as it seemingly needs attention.
Old 05-17-2004, 04:42 PM

FrgMstr is off the scale

Group buy possibilities? I am interested, but $600 seems a bit steep at first glance. Also, I know nothing about suspension components and this may be in line with exactly what it should be. I would love to hear what our other H2 brothers have to say.

Also, do you know how your parts will impact the warranties we have? I have a feeling I might be better off carrying a set of spares. (Anyone got part numbers for the stock replacements?)

Please don't think I am trying to rain on your parade. I think these are solid issues that will concern most of the folks here. That said, thanks for catering to this market as it seemingly needs attention.
Old 05-17-2004, 05:04 PM

Detonate is off the scale

My first thought when I saw them was "These are too good."

Much much beefier than stock, which of course equates to more expensive. They may very well be priced correctly for the materials and cost to make, but is it necessary?
Old 05-17-2004, 05:04 PM

Detonate is off the scale

My first thought when I saw them was "These are too good."

Much much beefier than stock, which of course equates to more expensive. They may very well be priced correctly for the materials and cost to make, but is it necessary?
Old 05-17-2004, 05:15 PM

FrgMstr is off the scale

I think the simple question is, "What breaks when the tie rod does not, and is it covered under warranty?"

FrgMstr is off the scale

I think the simple question is, "What breaks when the tie rod does not, and is it covered under warranty?"
Hummer Authority

partsguy is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FrgMstr:

Also, do you know how your parts will impact the warranties we have? I have a feeling I might be better off carrying a set of spares. (Anyone got part numbers for the stock replacements?)Inner 26059210 $23.07
OUter 12471649 $46.19

Please don't think I am trying to rain on your parade. I think these are solid issues that will concern most of the folks here. That said, thanks for catering to this market as it seemingly needs attention. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hummer Authority

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FrgMstr:

Also, do you know how your parts will impact the warranties we have? I have a feeling I might be better off carrying a set of spares. (Anyone got part numbers for the stock replacements?)Inner 26059210 $23.07
OUter 12471649 $46.19

Please don't think I am trying to rain on your parade. I think these are solid issues that will concern most of the folks here. That said, thanks for catering to this market as it seemingly needs attention. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 05-17-2004, 05:21 PM
Hummer Professional

H2 Bill is an unknown quantity at this point

Those look really great! I want a pair.
1970 Trans Am balanced, blueprinted, ceramic headers, etc.
Old 05-17-2004, 05:21 PM
Hummer Professional

H2 Bill is an unknown quantity at this point

Those look really great! I want a pair.
1970 Trans Am balanced, blueprinted, ceramic headers, etc.
Old 05-17-2004, 05:27 PM
Hummer Authority

I think the simple question is, "What breaks when the tie rod does not, and is it covered under warranty?" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>front axle,not covered.
Old 05-17-2004, 05:27 PM
Hummer Authority

I think the simple question is, "What breaks when the tie rod does not, and is it covered under warranty?" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>front axle,not covered.
Old 05-17-2004, 05:38 PM
Hummer Professional

Hummie2 is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I am interested, but $600 seems a bit steep at first glance. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought the same thing until I talked to RubberDuck on the phone. It seems like there is quite a bit of machine work involved in making the new tierods. The outer ends don't have the same taper as any other ends readily available and have to be recut besides making the pieces that screw into the centerlink. The down side of doing that is if you ever do damage or wear out an outer end you won't easily find a replacement end.

Stock inner and outer ends are listed in the NAPA Auto Parts system. The guy at the parts counter said they list a little over $100 per side and show to be the same part no. as Chev. K3500.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Also, do you know how your parts will impact the warranties we have? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am guessing, but warranty claims would probably be denied on any other steering damage after installing heavier tierods.

BTW,RD also said they plan on making replacement pitman & idler arms also.

$$$$$, How fast do you want to go? $$$$$

Don
Old 05-17-2004, 05:38 PM
Hummer Professional

Hummie2 is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I am interested, but $600 seems a bit steep at first glance. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought the same thing until I talked to RubberDuck on the phone. It seems like there is quite a bit of machine work involved in making the new tierods. The outer ends don't have the same taper as any other ends readily available and have to be recut besides making the pieces that screw into the centerlink. The down side of doing that is if you ever do damage or wear out an outer end you won't easily find a replacement end.

Stock inner and outer ends are listed in the NAPA Auto Parts system. The guy at the parts counter said they list a little over $100 per side and show to be the same part no. as Chev. K3500.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Also, do you know how your parts will impact the warranties we have? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am guessing, but warranty claims would probably be denied on any other steering damage after installing heavier tierods.

BTW,RD also said they plan on making replacement pitman & idler arms also.

$$$$$, How fast do you want to go? $$$$$

Don
Old 05-17-2004, 06:17 PM

FrgMstr is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by partsguy:
I think the simple question is, "What breaks when the tie rod does not, and is it covered under warranty?" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>front axle,not covered. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think is a bit more than a couple hundred bucks and not something that you can easily fix on a trail...
Old 05-17-2004, 06:17 PM

FrgMstr is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by partsguy:
I think the simple question is, "What breaks when the tie rod does not, and is it covered under warranty?" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>front axle,not covered. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think is a bit more than a couple hundred bucks and not something that you can easily fix on a trail...
Old 05-17-2004, 08:12 PM
Hummer Expert

drmiles is off the scale

Ok I've bee following this thread. I want to replace or have extra tie rods with me when I'm on the trail.. Bad place for a flatbed.

However I'm confused. is it better to get Rubberduck
or getFST
or whats this about sleeves to go over the tierod??? Maybe I need to pay better attention, but I'm not trading in my H2, have not had a major problem (except for tearing a front axle out of the hub which is another story).
Someone please help me decide the best way to go

Thanks

Jerry
Old 05-17-2004, 08:12 PM
Hummer Expert

drmiles is off the scale

Ok I've bee following this thread. I want to replace or have extra tie rods with me when I'm on the trail.. Bad place for a flatbed.

However I'm confused. is it better to get Rubberduck
or getFST
or whats this about sleeves to go over the tierod??? Maybe I need to pay better attention, but I'm not trading in my H2, have not had a major problem (except for tearing a front axle out of the hub which is another story).
Someone please help me decide the best way to go

Thanks

Jerry