H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 12-21-2003, 09:55 PM

FrgMstr is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PhilD:
All that said, I can't say as I'm keen on nickel plated pimp guns, but do carry a satin hard chrome pistol;<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know about carrying satin hard chrome pistols, it will make you look like a drug dealer.

My job: http://www.HardOCP.com
Old 12-21-2003, 10:43 PM

Centerfire is off the scale

Yep I wish we could get more.. they are in the land of backorder. We've turned down more then 10-15 people this week alone.

I will try a shoot pix of my pimp guns .
Yep keeping a low profile in Detroit is a good idea..

Mike<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Navigator:
Although this really does not compliment my sealth H2 theme I just had to have this 500 from S&W's Performance shop.
http://www.archeryproshop.com/500.jpg

Rich

2004 H2 Adventure w/Corsa Sport.
2003 Nisan Murano
2003 Lincoln Navigator (for Sale)
2001 Ford Lightning W/mods
1999 F-350 W/mods
1999 Yukon Denali (for sale)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 12-21-2003, 10:45 PM

Phil.. it is always nice that when they hold up your gun in the grand jury.. that it is a pretty one.. PS Having mine look like a drug dealers is one of my reasons not as big as having it match my
H2

Mike<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PhilD:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FrgMstr:
I don't know about carrying satin hard chrome pistols, it will make you look like a drug dealer. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Touché

The only people who will see it will be dead almost immediately afterwards. If their final moments are spent contemplating the profession of someone with a sissy satin chrome pistol, I shan't lose much sleep over it <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 12-21-2003, 11:25 PM

FrgMstr is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PhilD:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FrgMstr:
I don't know about carrying satin hard chrome pistols, it will make you look like a drug dealer. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Touché

The only people who will see it will be dead almost immediately afterwards. If their final moments are spent contemplating the profession of someone with a sissy satin chrome pistol, I shan't lose much sleep over it <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Glad to see you have a sense of humor. Also, be advised that a few of us are getting together in Gilmer on the 17th and the wheeling looks to be a ton of fun.

Would be great to see some of you guys from down south. I do intend to make it down to your Devil's Den soon. Hopefully next go round.

Old 12-22-2003, 01:31 AM

Detonate is off the scale

Maybe we should do another K-Rocks trip soon. Further for us, but closer for you all.

That place was bad ass, and I was disappointed that all I got to do was maybe 1/2 a trail.

------------------------------
2003 Red H2 equipped with Tough Country Heavy Duty Armor Series Front End with Winch, Rear Bumper, Brush Guard, and Roof Rack.
Old 12-22-2003, 03:07 AM

FrgMstr is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Detonate:
Maybe we should do another K-Rocks trip soon.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think after Gilmer I am going to hit Nacona on the first Saturday in February (the 1st) when it is open to the public.

Day trips are easier for me. I will have a wife and two kids (19 months and 3 years) in tow.

Old 12-22-2003, 11:52 AM

That's Purttie.. You may want to lose the bayonet before you use it.. If not we charge $150.00 an hour to testify for people. We have a 200 page study shoing the value of the 223 round for urban use. YOu should look in a new forearm, either the Surefire or one of the new units with the 4 picq. rails. Then you can put a Trijican Reflex 2, a laser, etc. ..

Mike<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PhilD:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Centerfire:
Phil.. it is always nice that when they hold up your gun in the grand jury.. that it is a pretty one.. PS Having mine look like a drug dealers is one of my reasons not as big as having it match my
H2<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks. Which is why I use this as my home defense gun;

http://www.philday.com/firearms/images/ColtAR.jpg

I figure any jury would see it as something anyone would use to protect their family

You are right though, there is a lot to be said for having a gun that looks like grandpa's ol' gov model.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 12-22-2003, 02:11 PM

Cool.. Actually the study Iwas referring to found that the 223 40gr hollow point has less over penetration in an urban enviroment than the average 9mm Hollow point.. For this reason many of the Swat teams are looking to go back to the 5.56 for entry teams.. So they can mix mags with 40 gr hollow point and 55 or 65 gr solid projectiles..

However for the average consumer. you are correct in going with a less intimadating looking defensive firearm..

Mike, I don't use that home defense, walls aren't thick enough and neighbors are too close, but it is kept ready to go (without the bayonet). I have a FP1201 with a Surefire and a Glock 17 with M3 set aside for home defense. But I also have other firearms in strategic places where I may need them.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 12-22-2003, 03:37 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

It's always good to have "layers" of defense. My second layer is Miko:
Attached Images

Old 12-22-2003, 03:45 PM
Banned

Then, I agree with Phil. I have hand guns around the house for last line of defense in the home. I fire one of my handguns nearly every weekend at varmints and what not.

Never thought about custom paint on guns. Mike have you posted pictures yet. I am either black, blued or try to buy alot of stainless so as to not worry about any rust. To keep this thread on custom grills going, anyone suppress a high powered cartridge like .300 Win Mag? I've read several places where a suppressed rifle is more accurate and makes the shooter more accurate because you don't jump the muzzle blast.
Old 12-22-2003, 05:36 PM
Banned

Phil,

A friend sent me an article, and I must have deleted it. But it was an article written by someone who trains law enforcement snipers. It went into great detail of the benefits of a large 2 point can on a .300 Win Mag. Reduced sound signature at the muzzle, reduced recoil and it also said something about controlling the gas and making a barrel more accurate hot or cold. His overall point was that a suppressed .300 Win Mag will have a smaller group shot after shot than one not suppressed.

I haven't made it past 500 yards on a head target and find that on some days that I can't hold a group together at 100 yards much less 500. Peculiar enough, I am more accurate with a Browning A-bolt with BOSS, than with the Rem 700. Even wearing protection the ported BOSS will ring your ears after several shots.
Old 12-22-2003, 06:18 PM

Depends if you are talking flash or sound suppression..It was found at Camp Perry that the new Ar 15's without the Flash suppressors were a bit more accurate, it is a bit to techno for me. I would have to ask my Gunssmith. Silencers will reduce speed of projectiles.. In a 9mm HK it slows down a 147gr sub sonic apprx 100-150 fps. We had a shooting 3-4 years ago.. One of our Swat team hit the bad guy in the head after going thru his hand. The Puke looks at him and says" MF'er you shot me" as he was raising his handgun.. The deputy put three more in the chest and he went down..

Paragon.. I to believe in layers of defense.. My only problem is that the dog that rides with me is 130 lbs of hair and slobber wrapped up in a NewFoundland package. Shes big , however her Idea of attack is to lick them to death. But she is a blast to use when tricking a car stop into believing she is a Drug dog.. We had one guy confess to some weed because he didn't want that big ole dog on his leather.

I have attempted to attach the pix of my two skittles guns. Orange on is in the works to match the 69 Chev PU my son talkedme into getting.

Phil D. Yep that's what is nice about this site.. aothough I believe I've stuck with the H2 theme as my CDP is colored to match my H2.. SO i hope I don't get yelled at and have my one felling bruised.

Everyone have a safe and happy holiday.. I just hope my darn new brushguard I ordered for my Christmas shows up in time.

Mike
Attached Images