H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 04-19-2006, 10:38 PM
Hummer Expert

kodiakz is off the scale

Eclipse called me today and stated that they will be releasing an upgrade for the 30D and 5435 radios. Suggested retail is $335, but my cost is a little less than that. If anyone wants to go in on one, I will be happy to order one and make copies and **ahem** lend them out
\'05 Slate Blue Sut w/ Magnusun, JBA headers, custom exhaust, 22\" MC2 RT5 wheels, Pioneer AVIC Z1 nav, Passport SRX, Vizualogic A1000 dual, bi xenons, fog xenons, dual optimas, and just gettin\' started!
Old 04-19-2006, 11:18 PM
Hummer Veteran

Rick is off the scale

Count me in! Do you know what will be included in the firmware update?

If you send me a copy... I'll only need to "borrow" it for a few days!
2006 H3 - Luxury - Superior Blue - Sunroof - Chrome Pkg. - Chrome Step Tubes - AVN30D with rear view camera and iPod connection - Volant CAI - MagnaFlow dual exhaust - Throttle Body Spacer - Train Air Horn (to be installed) - More adds to come (New shoes & supercharger!)

1990 Porsche C2 (911) - Highly modified and very, very fast!
Old 04-20-2006, 02:17 AM
Hummer Expert

kodiakz is off the scale

They told me that they updated the maps, poi's, and added the custom boot up picture capability to the units that didn't already have it.
\'05 Slate Blue Sut w/ Magnusun, JBA headers, custom exhaust, 22\" MC2 RT5 wheels, Pioneer AVIC Z1 nav, Passport SRX, Vizualogic A1000 dual, bi xenons, fog xenons, dual optimas, and just gettin\' started!
Old 04-20-2006, 09:42 AM
Hummer Veteran

Rick is off the scale

COOL!!! I already have my screen designed for it... Actually... This was my first try at it. I made this in Photoshop before I realized that the 30D didn't have that capability.

2006 H3 - Luxury - Superior Blue - Sunroof - Chrome Pkg. - Chrome Step Tubes - AVN30D with rear view camera and iPod connection - Volant CAI - MagnaFlow dual exhaust - Throttle Body Spacer - Train Air Horn (to be installed) - More adds to come (New shoes & supercharger!)

Old 04-21-2006, 01:49 AM
Hummer Expert

kodiakz is off the scale

Disc should be out next week or so. Hopefully we can get a few folks in on it and split the cost a bit
Old 04-22-2006, 01:57 PM
k9tim

Nothing for the 50D or IPC-106 functionality eh?

Bummer!
Old 04-22-2006, 04:10 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Disc should be out next week or so. Hopefully we can get a few folks in on it and split the cost a bit

Figure out a fair price for a copy and post it when you get the disc . I might take one if price is right
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 04-23-2006, 01:43 PM
Hummer Expert

kodiakz is off the scale

Quote:
Nothing for the 50D or IPC-106 functionality eh
Not as of yet--I suspect that they will release an update for that unit late in the year as it is new for '06. They may also update the 106 to have better functionality.
Old 04-25-2006, 12:42 PM
Hummer Veteran

Rick is off the scale

Kodiakz... Any update on this?

BTW... You have PM...

Old 04-25-2006, 10:11 PM
Hummer Expert

kodiakz is off the scale

Rick, didn;t get any pm from you??!!! As for teh disc, you are the first one interested, and I am hoping that we can garner a few others to split the $290 cost with shipping. Spread the word and hopefully a few others will want a copy as well.
Old 04-26-2006, 01:02 AM
k9tim

Hey Kodiakz-

Let me know how the backup on that disc goes. I have wasted three dual layer DVD's trying to backup my NAV disc. No matter what I do the damn thing wont burn right.
Using DVD decryptor, nero, etc etc and I cant seem to make it work.

Ijust really want a backup since I pop it in and out so damn much......
Old 04-26-2006, 09:49 AM
Hummer Veteran

Rick is off the scale

k9tim... If I recall correctly... It takes a special burner to burn them. Only the newest burners can do it and even then it may not work. I've got 4 PCs (2 desktop and 2 laptop)... Only 2 out of the 4 will do it. You need a burner that specifically says it's good for DL discs... I use Nero to do mine... DVD decrypter will try to shrink the info and it won't work.

Old 04-26-2006, 06:47 PM
k9tim

yeah my drive does DL... no problemo.

So you used Nero by itself? I'll try that. I've used decrypter every time and it wasnt happenin... thanks for the info
Old 04-27-2006, 06:17 AM
Hummer Guru

HummBob is an unknown quantity at this point

Does this disc work for the AVN2454?

I e-mailed Eclipse a couple of weeks ago and they told me there is an updated disc for my system, but we have no Authorized Eclipse dealer here anymore
Old 06-26-2006, 01:13 AM
Hummer Veteran

Rick is off the scale
Default Re: Nav update for Eclipse Radios

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodiakz
Rick, didn;t get any pm from you??!!! As for teh disc, you are the first one interested, and I am hoping that we can garner a few others to split the $290 cost with shipping. Spread the word and hopefully a few others will want a copy as well.

Kodiakz... Please let me know what I need to do to get an original or a copy of the firmware upgrade. You can post here or PM me.

Thanks,

Rick

Old 06-26-2006, 02:10 AM
Hummer Expert

kodiakz is off the scale

Rick, unfortunately, no one else never expressed any interest so I have yet to order one from eclipse. I can one for you if you like.

Bob, not sure if it works in the 2454. It is listed to work with the 30d and the 5435. I can check with my rep if you think you might want one.
Old 06-26-2006, 03:12 AM
Hummer Veteran

Rick is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodiakz
Rick, unfortunately, no one else never expressed any interest so I have yet to order one from eclipse. I can one for you if you like.

Bob, not sure if it works in the 2454. It is listed to work with the 30d and the 5435. I can check with my rep if you think you might want one.

Yes... Can you please PM me with what I need to do to get one. I can PayPal you if you'd like. Just let me know...

Rick