Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > ETC. Forums > General Off Topic

Old 12-13-2006, 07:10 AM
Hummer Messiah

CO Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Perfect handgun for CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgharkness020147
You think thats bad? At least they CAN carry in Va. Unlike the not so wonderful state of Wi that I'm stuck in.

It was close one. I couldn't believe they didn't pass it. Didn't it get passed, then vetoed or something like that?
Old 12-13-2006, 03:07 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-H2's
CP...ever had the need for one of these?
Old 12-13-2006, 03:09 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO Hummer
It was close one. I couldn't believe they didn't pass it. Didn't it get passed, then vetoed or something like that?
Edit: You were talking about WI. That's just stupid they don't have it.
Old 12-13-2006, 03:21 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Old 12-13-2006, 03:22 PM
Hummer Messiah

That's because we require printed, NOT hand written, permits.
Old 12-13-2006, 04:24 PM
MotorsportsAuthority aka Dragon's Avatar
MotorsportsAuthority aka Dragon MotorsportsAuthority aka Dragon is offline
Hummer Professional

MotorsportsAuthority aka Dragon is an unknown quantity at this point

This is what I carry: Charles Daly Empire EMS 1911, 4" Barrel, about a 3-4 lb trigger.

I'd say go to the range and let her handle a few to see what she likes the grip of. Then rent the gun and knock off a few rounds. Just have to find what's comfortable. Also remember that no two guns are alike, even the same model/manufacturer, etc...

Last edited by MotorsportsAuthority aka Dragon : 12-13-2006 at 04:28 PM.
Old 12-14-2006, 08:04 PM
Hummer Veteran

Storm Chaser is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARAGON

Quote:

Subject: Gun Control

Gun Control, whether you agree or not, is an interesting lesson in history. Something to think about...

*In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
*In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From
1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
* Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.
* China established gun control in 1935. From
1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
* Guatemala established gun control in 1964.
From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
* Uganda established gun control in 1970. From
1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
* Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From
1975 to 1977, one million 'educated' people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
*Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated In the 20th century because of gun control: 56 million.
*It has now been 12 months since gun owners in Australia were forced by new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by their own government, a program costing Australia taxpayers more than $500 million dollars. The first year results are now in,.. Australia-wide, homicides are up 3.2 percent,.. Australia-wide, assaults are up 8.6 percent,.. Australia-wide, armed robberies are up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent)!

.. In the state of Victoria alone, homicides with firearms are now up 300 percent. (Note that while the law-abiding citizens turned them in, the criminals did not, and criminals still possess their guns!) Super Shocker huh?

While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady decrease in armed robbery with firearms, this has changed drastically upward in the past 12 months, since criminals now are guaranteed that their prey is unarmed.

There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins and assaults of the ELDERLY.

Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how public safety has decreased, after such monumental effort and expense was expended in successfully ridding Australian society of guns. The Australian experience and the other historical facts above prove it.
You won't see this data on the American evening news. Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws affect only the law-abiding citizens.

Take note my fellow Americans....before it's too Late!

The next time someone talks in favor of gun control, please remind them of this history lesson.

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

If you value your freedom, please spread this anti-gun control message to all of your friends.

And especially to those you know who support gun control legislation! They have a right to know the truth.

Rolf Zierow

I was forwarded the above today. I found it interesting..
Old 12-14-2006, 09:30 PM
Hummer Messiah

Rifles, shotguns and handguns are illegal to own in DC. Stooopid!
Attached Images

Old 12-15-2006, 12:41 AM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

Actually they can have rifles and shotguns and handguns if registered before a certain date. Rifles and shotguns must be kept unloaded and disassembled or locked with a trigger lock. A DC license to carry a pistol in a person's home was issued years ago; however, the pistol must have been registered prior to 9/24/1976, or it is illegal.

The only way to LEGALLY carry a handgun in DC is via a Federal or DC commission issued by the government or for a need of work (e.g., bank guard, armored truck, etc.) and then only in the open. Unless on official business such as picking up a prisoner, I don't even believe they allow out of state police to carry a weapon. Been a while since I visited that city and will never go back. When I used to visit, I always carried a handgun; now I can't so screw 'em....

At this time, there is a battle waging in Federal court over the right to bear arms in DC. DC attorneys are arguing that this is no longer a right of the people. Their brief states, "If a well-regulated militia is no longer needed, is the right to bear arms still necessary?" The last I heard was the Judge, Laurence Silberman, was wrestling with a statement made by the attorney for the defendants, that basically stated, it is a tough decision for a Federal judge to erase a constitution right, and if erased, what will be the next "right of the people" phrase to be overturned.

For many years, the phrase in three of the amendments, "the right of the people," meant just that, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances, the right of the people to be secure in their persons....

Now, the liberals are trying to say the right of the people does not pertain to the second amendment. If this should ever be upheld in SCOTUS, then it will just be days before the other "rights of the people," phrases are attacked.

Since this is Washington DC, there is no State laws on the matter, but only Federal, so unlike the San Francisco ban that was over turned by a State judge, this ruling will have come from a Federal judge, and you can bet a lunch there will be a petition submitted to SCOTUS by whomever loses.

I would suspect, that SCOTUS may elect to hear oral arguments on this case to settle once and for all, does the second amendment allow the people the right to keep and bear arms. SCOTUS at this time sways to conservatism, so the decree might be 5-4 in favor of the right to bear arms, but they might also say that the right is also protected by states per the 10th amendment.

This suit could be moot, if the US congress gets off their Arses and changes the law. DC laws are regulated by the congress. Of course, now that the liberals have taken over, the chance of this happening is less than me winning the Megamillions this weekend.

In closing:

Last edited by f5fstop : 12-15-2006 at 12:46 AM.
Old 12-15-2006, 12:57 AM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

I like the P229.
Old 12-15-2006, 01:31 AM
Hummer Authority

ssgharkness020147 is an unknown quantity at this point

The gov. veto'd it. But it was over ridden from there. It made it all the way to the Assembely for the final time, much to my shagrin (along with most Wi residents) Doyal (our gov) was able to muscle enough power up to get it shut down. Yet again.

I just dont get it. We elect these people. Most people in Wisconsin wanted and still want CCW. Wisconsin is a pretty blue collar state. People work for a living here, and people want the right to defend themselves and what is theres. Along with being working class we have alot of sportman, generally sportsman like the idea of CCW. I dont get how Doyal keeps shutting it down, the people elect him, his job as the Governer is to represent the intrests of the people that put him in office.

The need for CCW varies greatly depending on where you are in Wisconsin. People in Madison dont want it, Madison is so liberal I literally will not go there. Ever. For any reason. At the same time Madison is quickly going down the toilet. Madison PD now requires.... Get this, I promise you'll love it. Before an officer can engage a suspect with their side arm they must GET PERMISSION from the department. Needless the say the cops are getting their asses handed to them by the perps. Considering this is all happening in a place where gangs have been gainging strength, primarily MS13. Minority housing is also a gripe with the few conseratives in Madison. I have a friend that lives in an area that the homicide rate went up 900% in under five years after minority housing was introduced to his neighborhood.

Then there is up north. You dont need CCW up there. Crime rates are very low overall, northern WI is a great place.

Then there is Milwaukee. Crime in Milwaukee has been getting worse and worse. Milwaukee is an economically depressed city. I live about 45 minutes out of Milwaukee, people out here want CCW because of Milwaukee. They see whats going on there on the news, or have a bad experience in Milwaukee, and it serves as an eye opener to them.

I had more bad experiences in Milwaukee then I can recall. I cant tell you how many times I got detoured from my route home because the police had to close down a block because of a shooting, getting followed by people. Or having to ditch people following me, which forced me to break the speedlimit to speeds that were way to fast for the areas. Then there was the guy that stood in front of a greenlight of an off ramp I was on, forcing me to stop so he could explain to me that I should give him and his daughter (that he told me flat out he had just taken from his wifes house. sounded really fishy) a ride somewhere. I can say from first hand experience Milwaukee is crawling with cops. They are everywhere. Except when and when you need them.

If I still had to go there I would be packing heat (in my car) legal or not. Its gotten to the point there where if you are carrying a gun illegally in Milwaukee and are confronted by an assailant you can shoot the SOB and get in no trouble for it. They wont even ticket you for carrying the weapon.

Well. My rant is complete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO Hummer

-007=
Old 12-15-2006, 01:50 AM
Hummer Guru

KS had the same problem for years, the gov vetoed the bill to make CCW legal. The people kept electing pro congreesional people, but the same gov; makes no sense to me. However, earlier this year, the KS legislature overturned the veto, and KS has a law that goes into affect in about two weeks.

Now, an example of how a state should not pass a handgun law is Ohio. When the legislature passed the law, they did not put in a state preemption clause, so if you travel down I-75 with a magazine in a loaded handgun larger than 10 rounds, you are illegal in Toledo, some cities have ordnances against anything larger than a .45.

So, if WI ever gets a handgun law, petition the gov't to make sure to preempt city/county laws.
Old 12-15-2006, 01:50 AM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2co-pilot
I like the P229.

I love it too, but I love all SIGs, big, little or small.
Old 12-15-2006, 02:22 AM
Hummer Authority

partsguy is an unknown quantity at this point

Just throw you're cell phone at your attacker (hope that never happens by the way.)Or better yet show the picture of the spider living in your window sill.