H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 11-26-2003, 01:32 PM

alecs wife is off the scale

Good point, lockers give the driver control not the computer!!!!!

Front Locker, Stealth winch, 37" Super Swampers SSR,low center of gravity = Ultimate H2
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This post and any pictures posted with it are the property of Adam in CO and/or his affiliates. The contents of this post are confidential and may contain information that is privileged and/or exempt from disclosure under all
Old 11-26-2003, 04:14 PM
Hummer Veteran

Skulz is off the scale

mmm front locker
I know what I want from Santa!
Old 11-26-2003, 04:31 PM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RockYoda:
True lockers give the driver control over wheel spin. Traction control gives the computer control over wheel spin. Who do you want to be in charge?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I want to be in charge!! When we let the computer be in charge...horrible things can happen!!!!!! Didn't we all see the Terminator series? The Machines took over!!!!!!!

That's probably the next big innovation GM has planned: All our rigs traction control systems will be linked to a master computer which controls, monitors and regulates our vehicles. They'll call thing "Traction-Net". Sure...this sounds all well & fine, but what happens when our traction control systems and Traction-Net become "conscious"???

We'll panic and try to pull the plug, but it'll be too late!! Hummers will be flying off the road. The machines will turn on us and a new era will come upon the planet: chaos & mayhem will reign upon us and we'll become the hunted!!!

Only one thing stands between us and our traction way of life: led by "The Chosen Taco"....we will come to embrace front-lockers. We'll reject traction control systems and fight for traction to the bitter end. This will mark humanities finest hour: cry traction and let loose the lockers of war!!!!!

Don't get me started.....oppps, too late!

ALTERNATIVE REPLY: I totally agree with you Frank!
Old 11-26-2003, 04:34 PM
Hummer Expert

Buckeye Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Steve,

I guess home insulation sales are slow today

I can't make the t-run without a divorce so I'll have to pass. I would love to go because I haven't been on the trail with you in a while and now my good friend Rick has a job so we're stuck with weekends.
Old 11-26-2003, 10:02 PM

Ok Steve, Here it is>>>>>>>

>>Flame Throwers
>>Automatic Hedge clippers
Non-supported instalation by the dealer (mounts behind the bumper)
>>Rock crushers
it's the button right of the TC2
>>Pontoon kit
For fording over 80's
>>Anti-roll bars
allows me to travers at 55 degrees
>>Automatic Turkey cooker
for special times in the trail

Front Locker, Stealth winch, 37" Super Swampers SSR,low center of gravity = Ultimate H2
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This post and any pictures posted with it are the property of Adam in CO and/or his affiliates. The contents of this post are confidential and may contain information that is privileged and/or exempt from disclosure under all
Old 11-27-2003, 01:38 PM
Hummer Veteran

RonB is off the scale

will a front locker have any warranty issues with any/all parts involved? Front diff?
Old 11-27-2003, 03:34 PM

argonaut is off the scale

I would like some more lockers. maybe not on the front wheels like you guys though. How about a locker on the glovebox? Or a locker on the center cosole? (did that sound MAC like to anybody else?). Seriously though, for me, the rear and TC seem to be enough. I'm sure if I was doing more rock crawling a front would be good, but as I don't, I'm satisfied with what I've got.
Old 11-27-2003, 04:04 PM

Ron.
The locker comes with a one year warrenty.

GM will not warrenty the diff after the Mod. The installation is guarrenteed for workmanship.

Bottom Line I don't know!!

R2

Old 11-27-2003, 04:45 PM

crash is off the scale

I would put the $$$ into a front SAS before spending good coin on a front locker of any sorts.... You would have a stronger front(depending on what axle you choose) and a more capable rig...

certified H2 tech. troll
Old 11-27-2003, 04:50 PM

What is SAS?

Old 11-28-2003, 01:20 AM

crash is off the scale

Straight Axle Swap.. We will get you guys caught up in the lingo

certified H2 tech. troll
Old 11-28-2003, 12:34 PM

Got cha!!!
It seems to me a SAS would cost a bit more than a locker, considering all the work needed on an H2. I problably would have to add a lift and whole new drive train????? I don't know. It justs sounds like a lot.

Besides, the IFS is what gives the H2 a smooth and stable ride on the road.

Thanks for the advice,

R2

Old 11-28-2003, 03:40 PM

crash is off the scale

Yes R2, its not "cheap" but its $$$ being spent in a maner that won't be "re-done" later so to speak. Actually, if done right, a straight axle will out ride an ifs any day. My rig is a perfect example, leafs all the way around, and it rides better than any ifs rig could ever ride(gets called a limo,lol)

certified H2 tech. troll
Old 11-28-2003, 06:50 PM

crash, I would like to know what you drive???? and the specs. What does the Troll in the sig. mean??

Old 11-28-2003, 09:14 PM

crash is off the scale

82 toy, front end is a custom high pinion 44, high steer and full hydro steering
4.3 gm v6 mated to a sm465(4 speed slush box) mated todual toy t-cases. rear is toyota still (have a dana 60 siting for when I blow it up again) Arb's front/rear. Modified waggy springs.

Its about to get re-done, I have sitting in a pile, 4 coil overs, chromo material for link bars, back half will be fully tubed, engine cage, re-desinged internal cage.....

Lots of stuff.. Oh ya, I run 38.5 tsl/sx's.

My rig is a perfect example of evolution, bought it back in 91, and has transformed over the years (comes down to that whole deal of what would I have done differently). But, I started fabbing stuff way before the net was anything at all....

certified H2 tech. troll
Old 11-29-2003, 12:37 AM

I see Trollyoda!!!!!

You certainly are hardcore. Why didn't you go with coil-overs the first time??? More importantly why didn't you buy American!!!???? Are you realy a certified H2 Mech?

I am glad My H2 is made in Indiana,. Else I would be looking at a Jeep..No!!! thats German owned... realy a Bronco.

Have fun wheeling,

R2

Old 11-29-2003, 01:57 AM

RockYoda is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by R2:
I see Trollyoda!!!!!

You certainly are hardcore. Why didn't you go with coil-overs the first time??? More importantly why didn't you buy American!!!???? Are you realy a certified H2 Mech?

I am glad My H2 is made in Indiana,. Else I would be looking at a Jeep..No!!! thats German owned... realy a Bronco.

Have fun wheeling,

R2

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

80's Toyotas are the best damn 1/2 ton trucks on the road. It only takes 1/2 the money to build than a comparitable heep and they don't break down! Compaired to an early Bronco it only cost a fraction. If American companies made trucks like Toyotas i would buy American. Toyotas are small and nible. They have the perfect wb length and they are stronger than any American built 1/2 truck. Does it really matter if people buy American or not? In the long run... No. This is a global economy now. We as a planet will be relying more and more each other. Buy American will mean nothing in the future.
Old 11-29-2003, 02:09 AM

Rock,,
No need to justify your preferences. I realize that you may have bought into the global economy mindset; afterall it does take a village??? Allow me to embellish. We buy American made and Americans get a pay check to support their families. We live in America.

That's it,

Enjoy your yoda and remember there is someone out there that cannot support their family because you bought that perfect vehicle.

R2

Old 11-29-2003, 06:44 AM

crash is off the scale

Its all about the progression, when I started in this sport, coil overs weren't even being used in the desert race series,lol... Of course, I will have over 4k in parts alone for the new suspension, so, thats not exactly cheap, and I collect parts by building rigs on the side...

As for to or not to buy american, I agree, we need to support americans. But also look at it from this standpoint, the only true person that spent the $$$ on the non us made stuff, is the first. Down the line, as a non american rig gets bought/sold, the $$$ now enters the US economy. But then again, my rig is now 2/3 american made products, stronger than the asain stuff by far.....

Hardcore,lol, I consider that a state of mind more than anything, and can be interperted(sp) in many ways...

certified H2 tech. troll
Old 11-29-2003, 06:48 AM

crash is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by R2:

Are you realy a certified H2 Mech?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup, I have a few certs for specific areas on the rig. I also specialize in engine performance and electrical at a chev/hummer dealership (been there going on 15 years)

certified H2 tech. troll