H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 07-19-2010, 12:47 AM
Hummer Veteran

jersey is on a distinguished road
Default Help please: Adding refrigerant to my 06 H3...which port is the Lowside?

Adding refrigerant to my 06 H3...which port is the Lowside? Where is it located? Is there a specific cap color?
Old 07-19-2010, 02:07 AM
Hummer Veteran

Default Re: Help please: Adding refrigerant to my 06 H3...which port is the Lowside?

Actually, while I was under the hood I noticed I didn't hear the clutch turning on and off. That's odd. If it were low on r134 I should hear it cycling on and off more rapidly, no? Checked fuses but all seem good; I swapped the relays again as I did the week before when the blower resistor malfunctioned, since they're all the same, and even changed the megafuses around and still no cold air. I do see a/c condensation dripping out under the H3, so that must mean something as that was always present. So it seems the problem is with the clutch. If it's not a fuse, a relay or a megafuse, I wonder what could be wrong? Any idea's on what to check next?
Old 07-19-2010, 03:10 AM
Hummer Veteran

Xotik H3 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Help please: Adding refrigerant to my 06 H3...which port is the Lowside?

True if it were low the compressor would cycle, but if it too low the compressor will not cycle until it reaches a minimum pressure. Can't say that is your problem but something to check.
Old 07-19-2010, 03:36 AM
Hummer Veteran

I pressed in the valve on what I believe is the low pressure (vacuum) side and refrigerant came out and a formed a cool huge cloud. So it definitely had gas. I added about half a small can to replace the fallout then went inside to see if it was coming out cold, but no such luck. Ideas? Does the wiring harness for the Blower resistor control the clutch at all? I did replace that last week, guess I'll re-check that to be safe anyways. But the blower itself has worked and is working just fine right now.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:58 PM
Hummer Veteran

OK...I checked all my resistor work, no apparent problems. I checked every fuse in the box, no problems. I started up the car and watched when surprisingly the compressor clutch turned on. That's thee good news, but it is cycling rather quickly. And its blowing cold air, but no where near as cold as it was originally. I added another can of r134a, still the system is working, but not as cold as it should be. The second can hasn't improved it over where it was originally. So maybe there was a loose connection somewhere? But I guess at this point, since I don't have either the knowledge or the gauges to safely proceed further, I'll bring it to a mechanic and have it checked.