H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 12-05-2006, 06:49 AM
Hummer Novice

4.8t is on a distinguished road
Default h2 transfer case

can anyone give me any numbers on there transfercase? or maybe a part number that i can compare to mine? i'm still trying to get some info on my t-case in my tahoe. it is borgwarner. its ful time 4wheel drive and it NOT autotrac.

and has anyone completed a 4l80e swap in there h2?
Old 12-05-2006, 05:21 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default Re: h2 transfer case

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.8t
can anyone give me any numbers on there transfercase? or maybe a part number that i can compare to mine? i'm still trying to get some info on my t-case in my tahoe. it is borgwarner. its ful time 4wheel drive and it NOT autotrac.

and has anyone completed a 4l80e swap in there h2?
You fvcking idiot. how many times are you going to try this one?

Tell you what, post pics of your tahoe and it's t-case and let's compare, maybe we can help you find the right jeep/toyota/nissan/etc/etc/etc you really have.
Old 12-05-2006, 05:40 PM
Hummer Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARAGON
You fvcking idiot. how many times are you going to try this one?

Tell you what, post pics of your tahoe and it's t-case and let's compare, maybe we can help you find the right jeep/toyota/nissan/etc/etc/etc you really have.

what the hell crawled up your ass. don't get mad at me if gm put your t-case into my tahoe. i'm justtrying to find some info on it and nobody seems to have a clue of what is what. the dealer has no clue i can't find anything online so i came here. but if i'm an idoit then you tell me what i have what it uses to drive ie
: clutches, planetary. what? and how much power it will take before it breaks. its not autotrac, because autotrac is disengaged when the vehicle is turned of. this one does not disengage. but i'll take pics. i was just trying to get any numbers that may be on the t-case that i need to look for.
Old 12-05-2006, 05:47 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.8t
what the hell crawled up your ass. don't get mad at me if gm put your t-case into my tahoe. i'm justtrying to find some info on it and nobody seems to have a clue of what is what. the dealer has no clue i can't find anything online so i came here. but if i'm an idoit then you tell me what i have what it uses to drive ie
: clutches, planetary. what? and how much power it will take before it breaks. its not autotrac, because autotrac is disengaged when the vehicle is turned of. this one does not disengage. but i'll take pics. i was just trying to get any numbers that may be on the t-case that i need to look for.
GM didn't put my Tcase in your Tahoe,

You're just a dumbass.

Either pull your head out of your ass or move on. You want someone here to jump through some stupid hoops for your ignorant ass. Fuhgetabowdit
Old 12-05-2006, 06:21 PM
Hummer Novice

Quote:

You're just a dumbass.

Either pull your head out of your ass or move on. You want someone here to jump through some stupid hoops for your ignorant ass. Fuhgetabowdit

what is your deal man you have no clue of who i am, what i'm about,or what i know. i'm just here trying to get some info. what other nbs chevys have a borgwarner t-case? it might not be the same exact transfercase as yours but it maybe very similar. i don't know thats what i'm trying to find out. hell i'd rather have the trailblazer ss transfer case its stronger than yours. but thats not what i have. mine is a two speed for sure because i have a four low option. the option my tahoe i did find is that its got stabilitrac with out auto trac. thats what all the info i found says. i have the rpo code of nr4. so what t-case do i have? you seem to be all knowing so maybe you can tell me. i took picks so, soon as i can get them uploaded i'll post them. there not the best but maybe they'll work.
Old 12-05-2006, 06:23 PM
Hummer Veteran

Poopy is on a distinguished road

Quote:

You're just a dumbass.

Denial is a bitch my friend. Although the tahoe probably has a better t-case with out plastic shift forks.
Old 12-05-2006, 06:48 PM
Hummer Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopy
Denial is a bitch my friend. Although the tahoe probably has a better t-case with out plastic shift forks.

lets try these pics. sorry there not all that great but i don't have a lift here so i had to use a jack to pick it up and theres not a whole lot of room.

Old 12-05-2006, 07:02 PM
Hummer Veteran

Poopy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilD
I don't believe the 4482 can be locked, do your 4WD buttons show 4Hi Locked or 4Lo Locked, or just 4Hi and 4Lo?

This is good progress, see we can all get along, good on ya Philly!
Old 12-05-2006, 07:09 PM
Hummer Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilD
I don't believe the 4482 can be locked, do your 4WD buttons show 4Hi Locked or 4Lo Locked, or just 4Hi and 4Lo?

i'll take a pic of that too. its easier than explaining it. just wondering where you go 4482?

ok here is the pic

so how would i know for sure that i locks up. i don't have a button for 4hi lock but i think when i hit 4lo it locks the t-case to a 50/50 split. not sure how to check for sure though.

*edit* the top button you see is just for stabilitrack off and on. the middle button is the one that stays on all the time. my owners manual is where i found it to say that 4lo locks it 50/50 and the other button is full time 4wd and can up to a 40/60 split.

Last edited by 4.8t : 12-05-2006 at 07:24 PM.
Old 12-05-2006, 07:26 PM
Hummer Novice

i'll find it and read it again just to make sure thats what it says. i've slept since i read it last lol.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:51 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

Per my powertrain charts, Tahoes offered:
BW4482, two-speed, full-time, 4-WD system (exactly what PhilD has stated previously)
BW4481, one-speed full-time AWD system,
NVG 246, two-speed automatic active system.
(NOTE: Tahoes prior to 2003 were equipped with NVG t/cases only.)
The H2 uses the BW 4484, two-speed, full-time 4-WD system.

As for the New Venture T/cases used on the trailblazers (NVG 226), not sure where you have heard they are stronger than either of the above BWs. Possibly you are thinking of the bigger NVG T/cases such as the 263 and 261 which are used on some of the HD pickup trucks mated with the 8.1L and the 6.6L Duramax engines.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:09 AM
Hummer Novice

i reread the book. it has a section for auto track and one for stabilitrac. it says normal drive mode is awd and will transfer torque as needed and in 4lo will transfer maximum torque to all 4wheels. i do know that when its in normal drive mode with all four wheels of the ground i could spin the rear drives shaft and all four wheels would turn. the front ones went opasite of the back. it was kinda interesting. not sure if it will do it know that i put the detroit locker in. i'll try the jack idea. it also said use 4lo for mud, sand, snow, and ice. where could i maybe find a number to borgwarner or something? my main goal her is to see how strong this thing is. i have a turbo sitting here that i had for my silverado and its going on this tahoe now. i'm looking at a goal of 400-500hp at the same or higher torque. so i need to make sure this thing will hold up. the clutches in the auto trac trans suck if you try to push that much power through the auto trac which is why the guys with it use regular 4hi not auto trac. but the transfer case in the trailblazer ss can hold all that and then some.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:17 AM
Hummer Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by f5fstop
Per my powertrain charts, Tahoes offered:
BW4482, two-speed, full-time, 4-WD system (exactly what PhilD has stated previously)
BW4481, one-speed full-time AWD system,
NVG 246, two-speed automatic active system.
(NOTE: Tahoes prior to 2003 were equipped with NVG t/cases only.)
The H2 uses the BW 4484, two-speed, full-time 4-WD system.

As for the New Venture T/cases used on the trailblazers (NVG 226), not sure where you have heard they are stronger than either of the above BWs. Possibly you are thinking of the bigger NVG T/cases such as the 263 and 261 which are used on some of the HD pickup trucks mated with the 8.1L and the 6.6L Duramax engines.

i was refering to the awd t-case on the ss's they are made by torsen t-3 type C and they are suppose to be like bulletproof. http://www.torsen.com/products/T-3.htm
so i have the 4482 BW. ok now we are getting some where. whats up with the internals? clutches or what? and thanks. i wasn't saying phil was wrong asking where he got his numbers thats all.

oh yeah in my owners manual it also says there are no seperate lever or something to that effect to engage or disengage the front axle it was control by the t-case is what i gathered.

thanks again for the help on this stuff. i'm in no trying to say that my tahoe is as good as a h2 i know its not. just trying to get some info is all.

Last edited by 4.8t : 12-06-2006 at 01:13 AM.