H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 10-04-2010, 06:16 PM
Hummer Expert

Hellz is on a distinguished road
Default stock H2's....

maybe this is a little rant.... maybe not.. just getting feedback on who else feels the same way.

i dont have many H2's near my area, but there are a few.

i would say within a 5 min drive, i know where 2 more H2's are.

my biggest gripe tho, is they are completly stock.
stock rims...
no brush guard
same factory sidesteps

i have no idea about interior, but normally i dont go up to someones vehicle and look inside.

to me, the H2 looks fine stock, but it needs some aftermarket parts for it to stand out.

hell, even if you do the 36 inch rims and slam it would be better than stock to me. /yuck

idk, i always shake my head when i see a stock H2..

im not saying mine is "da bomb" or anything, but i feel mine has some character, is taken care of...

anyways, discuss...
Old 10-04-2010, 08:23 PM
Hummer Authority

guruerror is on a distinguished road
Default Re: stock H2's....

Stock looks fine to me...I'd rather see a stock truck with a soccer mom behind the wheel then a blinged out ride.

I focus more on improving the stock configuration. Adding 'better' parts (namely tie rods, upper control arms, etc.) to make it better at what it was designed to do...go off-road; and removing things that are unnecessary (nerf bars, roof rails, etc.).

In my opinion the best visual accessory anyone can put on their truck to make it stand out is DIRT. At least then I know that they are truly 'experiencing' what this truck has to offer.
Old 10-04-2010, 10:57 PM
Hummer Veteran

The_Yeti is on a distinguished road

A little off subject, but the Hummer soccer moms drive me crazy. The reason being is that I carpool with a guy who owns a rubicon and on his week to drive, He's constantly getting the JEEP Wave
Now i've only gotten the Hummer wave a few times and have missed some because I thought it was a possible soccer mom and don't want to be the first one throwing the wave out there. I know, but I'm jealous of all the jeep waves.
Old 10-04-2010, 11:28 PM
Hummer Expert

Hellz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by guruerror
Stock looks fine to me...I'd rather see a stock truck with a soccer mom behind the wheel then a blinged out ride.

I focus more on improving the stock configuration. Adding 'better' parts (namely tie rods, upper control arms, etc.) to make it better at what it was designed to do...go off-road; and removing things that are unnecessary (nerf bars, roof rails, etc.).

In my opinion the best visual accessory anyone can put on their truck to make it stand out is DIRT. At least then I know that they are truly 'experiencing' what this truck has to offer.

i agree with what you said, i am the same way. i dont know how much $$ i spent on the front end of my H2 so far.. and im still not done.

to me, i guess it is a pride in your vehicle thing. i dont expect a soccer mom to be rolling on 36 inch rims, nor 37/39 inchs tires with rockstars...

but the stock look is just so plain... idk.. just one of my quirks i guess..

as for the "waves"

i have only gotten the "wave" 1 time for one of the local H2 owner.
i get alot of looks, but im unsure of thier facial expression if they are mad/jealous/constipated... as long as the speedbump they are driving gets out from in front of me, its all good...

that brings up something else....

how many times has a vehicle pulled in front of you and gone lower than the speed limit? im not saying its because im in a H2, but its funny when i pass them they have no problems doing the speed limit or higher!?!?
Old 10-05-2010, 12:21 AM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Yeti
A little off subject, but the Hummer soccer moms drive me crazy. The reason being is that I carpool with a guy who owns a rubicon and on his week to drive, He's constantly getting the JEEP Wave
Now i've only gotten the Hummer wave a few times and have missed some because I thought it was a possible soccer mom and don't want to be the first one throwing the wave out there. I know, but I'm jealous of all the jeep waves.

Dude...wave at them moms...some of them are HOT. And you can always fake like you thought the ugly ones were dudes.

I get the Hummer wave here and there...more so when I'm on a road trip out of the DC area. Most of the owners around the capital seem to keep their trucks on the pavement...I think I confuse them when I roll around the beltway covered in mud...they don't even make eye contact.

Whatever...for what it's worth I'm wavin' at you right now...LOL!

AFTER THOUGHT: ...and look around you, Jeeps are like a55holes...everybody's got one. Think how tired your arm would be after a week or so of riding around waving. Hummer-waves should be more about 'quality' instead of 'quantity.'

Last edited by guruerror : 10-05-2010 at 12:44 AM.
Old 10-05-2010, 01:07 AM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellz
i agree with what you said, i am the same way. i dont know how much $$ i spent on the front end of my H2 so far.. and im still not done.

to me, i guess it is a pride in your vehicle thing. i dont expect a soccer mom to be rolling on 36 inch rims, nor 37/39 inchs tires with rockstars...

but the stock look is just so plain... idk.. just one of my quirks i guess...
Think about it this way...all those stock, soccer-mom H2s will prolly be on the market in a few years when they decide to go back to their Tahoes. That's more for us 'enthusiasts' to work with when/if we wear ours out.

Quote:
...as for the "waves"

i have only gotten the "wave" 1 time for one of the local H2 owner.
i get alot of looks, but im unsure of thier facial expression if they are mad/jealous/constipated... as long as the speedbump they are driving gets out from in front of me, its all good...
I think those unidentifiable looks are usually anger or jealousy...these trucks seem to 'provoke' or 'inspire,' there doesn't seem to be much middle ground. Occasionally, though, I think it's AWE but their brian just hasn't had enough time to process the appropriate facial expression.

Quote:
...that brings up something else....

how many times has a vehicle pulled in front of you and gone lower than the speed limit? im not saying its because im in a H2, but its funny when i pass them they have no problems doing the speed limit or higher!?!?
... a few, and it's usually a hybrid.

What kills me is the F250 Super Duties with the 12" lifts that wanna race down the interstate...get a life...it's like they've 'got something to prove' when faced with a Hummer.
Old 10-05-2010, 01:09 AM
Hummer Veteran

StockStar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
maybe this is a little rant.... maybe not.. just getting feedback on who else feels the same way.

i dont have many H2's near my area, but there are a few.

i would say within a 5 min drive, i know where 2 more H2's are.

my biggest gripe tho, is they are completly stock.
stock rims...
no brush guard
same factory sidesteps

i have no idea about interior, but normally i dont go up to someones vehicle and look inside.

to me, the H2 looks fine stock, but it needs some aftermarket parts for it to stand out.

hell, even if you do the 36 inch rims and slam it would be better than stock to me. /yuck

idk, i always shake my head when i see a stock H2..

im not saying mine is "da bomb" or anything, but i feel mine has some character, is taken care of...

anyways, discuss...

Yes. just wave at them and keep it moving. If they choose to ride stock...then fine, so be it Hardly worth making a post or ranting about it. atleast in my opinion
Old 10-06-2010, 04:12 AM
Hummer Expert

Intercooled is off the scale

I like the stock look, but I really appreciate the the truck that is well maintained. Bumper stickers, rust spots, dirty interiors, front rims loaded with brake dust...that pisses me off. I take alot of pride in my H2. I guess I probably keep mine cleaner and neater than most. I'm not really into the heavily modified trucks. A nicley done lift with a a bit bigger rims looks cool. Add a Gobi, a nicely done whinch set up, that rocks. But the bling is really ghey!
Old 10-06-2010, 06:42 AM
Hummer Professional

Big.Z.hummin is on a distinguished road

i very rarely get the wave from h2's and when i do its from a modified one. never a stock one. its like the people who drive stock ones dont even realize they have a hummer or that im driving one. Now that being said i ALWAYS get waved to from an H1 owner 100% of the time

73' Dodge Charger. 400 Magnum. B5 Blue. White Leather.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:04 AM
Hummer Professional

johndjmix1 is off the scale

Why modify a truck thats allready amazing!? Mine is stock (Except for the supercharger). Remember guys it has 35 inch tires stock! The places I have taken my STOCK H2 are amazing....its just amazing what the stock vehicle can do. Thats what drew me to the H2 to begin with.

Whats nice is you can buy a H2 owned by a soccer mom, ....and immediately hit a severe trail without any mods! Not many vehicles can do that!

--John

1/4 Mile 15.29@91.34mph

Mods:
Magnusun Radix Supercharger!!!
Switch to allow full Nav Controls while moving
Warn 9.5 Winch