H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 06-22-2008, 06:58 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What does everything think about the gas/h20 mix for big fuel efficiency..?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackerJackToy
I got to reading around & looking on youtube, and I noticed that using gas/h20 mix will yeild very high gas mileage increase. You must run two seperate tanks, one for gas, one for water, but should yield 20+mpg on the h2 in the city. It should also yield 28-30mpg in the city for my Corvette, if its as true as the customer testimonials.

I figured I would ask everyones opinion here, since $4 a gallon & only rising really hurts.
I'm also currious why you feel the need to troll with such a weak lure?
BTW, you should stay on vehicle sites that are appropriately related to yours.
http://youtube.com/user/abercrombie3607
Old 07-02-2008, 03:23 AM
Hummer Veteran

BigKofJustice is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What does everything think about the gas/h20 mix for big fuel efficiency..?

HHO water systems are a scam and are geared towards people who fell asleep during Physics classes.

Note I'm not talking about hydrogen fuel cells or water injection here but people that are trying to covert water from hydrogen on the fly in their vehicles.

Hydrogen generation from water has one big hurdle to overcome. The amount of energy you have to spend to convert it.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:01 AM
Elcova Rookie

wildthing is on a distinguished road

Ok Guys I am New Here..I own a company in Canada & we have just finished a hydrogen unit..I also own a H2 & am looking forward to testing our unit on my rig...I have just returned from flordia where i spent a few days learning how to reprogram the E.C.M ..The problem is that when we use the hydrogen
the computor thinks the rig is running lean..and dumps more fuel in .So we have to reprogram the E.C.M. to accept the hydrogen...Our first unit we did was a ford explorer was getting 12 mpg on the highway...After reprograming the ecm & adding the hydrogen we topped out at a amazing 32mpg hwy.We are takeing my rig to flordia first part of august to superchip customing tuning to run some dyno testing on the ecm & hydrogen...Keep you posted if we even get close to the results of the explorer we will have a winner
Old 09-12-2008, 10:38 PM
Hummer Authority

devilsfan is an unknown quantity at this point

Old thread, but I'm bumping to see if anyone ended up trying this out on their rig.

My dad is adding an HHO system to his Chevy diesel pickup this weekend. 2 close friends of his have it on their trucks and have seen about an 60-90% increase in mpg. A mechanic friend is doing the install.

I'm keeping an eye on it to see if it really works or not. It could get my mileage up to the double digits. My main concern would be if it voided warranty, tho.

Stacy
Old 09-16-2008, 06:49 PM
Hummer Professional

lonePalm is on a distinguished road

Hey guys I'm trying it also,I'm in the process of building the hydrolyzer cell out of poloycarbonate plastic, what the hell it only cost me $200 in the correct materials, so if it Doesnt work it sure wouldnt be the first $200 I've wasted. What can it hurt......it would be worth an extra 3 miles to a gallon for me. That would also mean something musta worked.....
Old 09-22-2008, 02:42 PM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

I really do wish one of our forum Buds would build and give us updates on it. I have been reading stuff everywhere on this. I think you have to be careful about pushing your engine to lean. You would be adding more air so new tuning may be needed to increase fuel. It may just take larger injectors and maybe cooler plugs at first for caution.

It has me curious to see what it does. I'm thinking you should have wide band air/fuel ratio gauge from the start. I run a supercharger so I'm thinking after you test it and keep us up to date, I'm rattling around in my head about gaining more power without going up on boost more than it is. Then there is the thought of doubling boost and then this kit creating what would I guess boost more without having to change harmonic balancer since I already have as small a SC pulley as I really want to go.

In theory it sounds as it should work which if it does a person could use it for different reasons and in different ways. I could have a tune setup just for MPG running the kit getting even a few MPG's would be interesting. In my book it just adds another tool to create more versatility in my H2.

I am researching CNG setup on the H2 but, I do not like the added weight CNG adds to rig.

Well go for it and let us know what happens and if no one else is interested PM me with test data I would like intense and lot's of data. I normally like to try allot of new stuff but, health situation is slowing me down yet expect to have major problems taken care of by Jan. 1 2009.

We are going to be at SEMA 7 days. I plan to look and see if there are any vendors there demonstrating this technology.

Good Luck Hope it Works,

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 09-22-2008, 06:35 PM
Hummer Veteran

TRUBRIT is on a distinguished road

Here is some interesting reading.
http://www.hydrorunner.com/products.html
This company is involved in the development of this car. 450HP Twin Turbo. 40 mpg estimated. Not clear whether this is with or without the optional twin turbos.
http://www.dupontregistry.com/autos/...px?mmysid=3036
Old 05-07-2009, 04:37 AM
Elcova Rookie

Well Guys Belive it or not i am running a Hydrogen Generator on my h2 2003 Before installing i was getting 10 mpg at 70 mph at 1900 rpm & now i am getting between 14 & 15 mpg at the same conditions
Old 05-19-2009, 03:52 AM
Hummer Authority

Alan06SUT is an unknown quantity at this point

I think its Ghey. Get a prius if you want good mileage no some horse **** gimmick.
Old 05-30-2009, 02:57 AM
Elcova Rookie

Ok well i just showed our unit at the last may 24 canadian hummer club meet & we are going to install a unit on one of the members hummers so he can test & post the results any questions you can email me or log in to the Canadian Hummer Club & read About the Hydrogen Generator & yes we will be showing our unit at sema We should be in the super chip tunning booth..

Ron
Old 05-30-2009, 05:58 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

Superchips tuning is provided by HPtuners.com who sponsors my tuning equipment that Dragon and I will be going more in depth than the light tune we use now. They furnish all my software etc. They are good guys. 3 young guys got together and developed this tune which can be checked out at HPtuners.com. They got me setup right a few years back but, have done away with the serial port stuff and moved now to USB etc. the newer tech.
Man no telling how many individual people I have turned onto HPtuners.com. I'm proud of them as you can take a stock engine and use HPtuners on it and do a tune way better than handhelds. The software, laptops, and wideband sensing stuff would be to indepth for your everyday customer but, Superchips or HPtuners should be able to get a real good generic tune on handheld that also should have some choices to give the tune some flexibility.

I'm excited to see where you can go with this and then I may take your system and see what I can do with it on a full range of boost choices with my supercharged engine. Maybe we can work a sponsored kit since the rig will be getting seen by allot of people at carshows plus we plan to media blast the rig for a new paint scheme etc. to enter 2010 spring sema GM only 1 of 20 contest.

We will be at this year sema show so hope to get to catch you there. If it is working good, all the bugs worked out we may have a large distributor to hook you up with unless MSD has that since they own superchips. This would give them a first look. Keep us posted and best of luck.

TAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildthing
Ok well i just showed our unit at the last may 24 canadian hummer club meet & we are going to install a unit on one of the members hummers so he can test & post the results any questions you can email me or log in to the Canadian Hummer Club & read About the Hydrogen Generator & yes we will be showing our unit at sema We should be in the super chip tunning booth..

Ron
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges