H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 05-09-2009, 01:07 AM
Elcova Rookie

whiteyH2 is on a distinguished road
Default Horrible Bob Moore experience...

I have had an absolutely awful experience at Bob Moore hummer in Oklahoma and I thought i'd share... I've been on the forums for a while but haven't really posted much. Anyways I was in an accident a little over a month ago at the fault of another driver & the damage didn't look too too bad but ended up being pretty extensive.

Well the following day it was towed to bob moore and they've had it this whole damn time. Things kept coming up and they'd call me and say oh we're waiting on parts again. Well it was supposed to be done again today then they said it wouldn't because now it's throwing codes and they have to figure out why. At 2pm they called and said it was a bad coil and they wouldn't get a new part till monday. Well i'm going out of town for business tomorrow and I'm stuck in a rental paying out of pocket this whole time so I raised hell and they took a coil off a new truck for me. Which was really nice. but that's the only thing they did right. I picked it up right at 6pm so they kinda rushed me out the door but I get home and find all kinds of crap is messed up. Keep in mind its a 2008 h2 with low miles.
The front windshield now has a crack on the passenger side. They replaced my drivers side running board and it does not match the other one AT ALL. The clips that holds the window control panel on the drivers side are broken and it flops all over. Theres a big rip in my drivers side window tint. The headliner above the drivers seat is filthy somehow and theres brown spots on the underside of the moonroof slide. Also there's a constant noise while driving coming from the drivers side which makes me nervous.

Sorry for the long story but i'm pissed and not really sure how to handle this I'm definitely never going to them again for anything. This isn't the first time they've been asses

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-09-2009, 01:57 PM
Hummer Expert

Intercooled is off the scale
Default Re: Horrible Bob Moore experience...

Oh boy! Ive been here before. the techs dont give a crap about keeping the customers truck clean and have no respect for others property. I would make a list of all the things that you arent happy with. Take it directly to the service manager and ask him to go for a "walk through" and point everything out. Be nice but be firm! I had my 05 in for a list of warrenty items. When I got the truck back the rear plastic bumper cover clips were broken and it flopped. The wheel well plastic cover wasnt on correctly and not tucked into the fender flare properly. I was getting the mirrors changed out and the tech gouged the plastic door panel trying to get it off. They replaced the whole panel for me. They made everything right, but I had the inconvience of going back there and then dropping the truck off one more time. I would stop in on occsaion and take a peak at the work being done. ( they had my truck for over a month). I would see tools and parts laying on my leather seats!! It made me cringe. I learned a valueable lesson. When I go back to recieve my finished truck from repair I allow myself a little time to walk through the whole thing before I leave the dealership. I also learned to test things out, like the mirror operation etc. I had the recall on my heated washer system, went there and had the fuse installed. A couple days later I went to use the system and it didnt work, I should have tested it out right there on the lot. You'll have more leverage if you refuse to recieve the truck and not sign for the completed work. I believe then they will work faster and more diligently to make the corrections. Good Luck!
Old 05-11-2009, 01:10 PM
Elcova Rookie

whiteyH2 is on a distinguished road

It sucks to hear that you've had a similar bad experiece but i'm kinda glad i'm not the only one they've tried to screw. I really appreciate the advice, i'll be sure to call them first thing this morning and try to get it sorted out. Thanks again!
Old 05-15-2009, 11:25 PM
Hummer Veteran

solarflare is on a distinguished road

Intercooled....if you brought your hummer back to Pape...I know why you weren't happy with the repairs...they are really bad with that stuff.....I've also dealt with Norwood, MA and they are good for sales, but the techs are really bad.....don't really care about anything...except partially fixing and getting them out as fast as they can.....
definitely got to stand your ground, and demand things....it's the only way nowadays!