H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 07-25-2012, 11:14 AM
Hummer Veteran

SMITH23H2SUT is on a distinguished road
Default HELP!!!!Muffled Music

I get into my truck today and turn radio on..........no sound. Only sound was coming out of the Rockford Fosgate Add-on sub-box I bought a couple years back. All door speakers were silent....no sound. Onstar audible but muffled, Navigation audible but muffled. My question is this..Do the door speakers have a fuse? Have any of you guys encountered this problem? I own a 2005 h2 with stock Delphi Nav.
Old 07-25-2012, 02:28 PM
Hummer Authority

guruerror is on a distinguished road
Default Re: HELP!!!!Muffled Music

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMITH23H2SUT
I get into my truck today and turn radio on..........no sound. Only sound was coming out of the Rockford Fosgate Add-on sub-box I bought a couple years back. All door speakers were silent....no sound. Onstar audible but muffled, Navigation audible but muffled. My question is this..Do the door speakers have a fuse? Have any of you guys encountered this problem? I own a 2005 h2 with stock Delphi Nav.
I'd start by looking at the amp fuse in the box under the hood...should be marked RADIO AMP, but since you've got 'muffled' sound I'm thinking the fuse will prolly be in tact.

Check out some of the links found here that point to hummerforums.com. Their member Circuitguy seems to report to various folks that 'amps going bad' is a common problem with our trucks.
Old 07-26-2012, 05:05 AM
Hummer Veteran

O.K. Did some inspecting today, looks like the radio works fine. Amp is questionable though. Installed many systems in my younger days, and it appears that the amp is dead. Funny thing is the AMP FUSE didn't blow. RADIO and AMP fuses are good. Door chimes don't work either but after doing some research it appears all these functions are sent through the O.B.C and AMP. All the muffled sound from radio was coming from the Aftermarket Fosgate Sub System which was wired into the Radio pre-AMP. I hope I don't go out and buy an Amp just to find out that it's not the Amp. Any suggestions on what else I should check? Has this happened to any of you guys? When I get this corrected I will definitely post the answer to the problem, I'm sure this will happen to someone else and I know I'm not the only one who hates wasting time and labor trying to fix a problem and find the answer on his own. Help me out HUMMER brothers and sisters.
Old 07-26-2012, 02:14 PM
Hummer Authority

I agree that it sounds like the amp. Go on ebay and punch in "h2 bose amp"...several options pop-up from $50-$300.

Throw $50 at the problem and see if that fixes it. You can prolly swap the amps in about an hour or two.
Old 07-26-2012, 03:03 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by guruerror
I agree that it sounds like the amp. Go on ebay and punch in "h2 bose amp"...several options pop-up from $50-$300.

Throw $50 at the problem and see if that fixes it. You can prolly swap the amps in about an hour or two.

I just spent an hour taking center console apart. Checked for loose connections,took out the amp and took pics of serial number and what the female connection looks like. i did go on Ebay and there are multiple Amps there. The scary thing is that there is a seller on there saying that he is selling one because he had bought one and come to find out....it wasn't the Amp. How many fuseblock locations are there on this BEAST. I hope that there isn't a fuse for the Remote Power Lead on the Amp that I am over looking. already checked the Radio Fuse and Amp fuse( i think the Amp fuse may be the main Power+ Lead and not the Remote turn-on ).
Old 07-26-2012, 04:47 PM
Hummer Authority

I saw the auction that you're talking about...but I figured $50 (shipped) to test isn't that bad. You could always re-list for $50 for the "next guy" if your amp turns out to be ok. I can't think of any other fuse locations. If you have a multi-meter I would test your power and "remote on" at the amp for 12v signals.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:55 PM
Hummer Authority

Thought...it looks like seller (Bstates) is a member on this forum. Perhaps you should PM him to get more info on how he resolved his problem.

http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/member.php?u=11668
Old 07-27-2012, 11:28 AM
Hummer Veteran

I wish I could get the Amp for $50 The Amp I need is ACDelco part # 15115316 or O.E.M ACD15115316. The newer replacement part # is 15267754 it replaces the older model 15115316. If you order this from ACDelco they want $372.57 for it. I found the only one on Ebay for $200 + $25 shipping and had to get it before it was gone. I hope it is the Amp, but if not I'll take your advice and try to resell the Amp back on Ebay. Shouldn't be hard to sell being that this was the only one on the site. And it is New in box. Crossing my fingers, having a nice truck and driving along the shore in $725 dollar sunglasses isn't as without tunes.
Old 07-27-2012, 02:16 PM
Hummer Authority

Definitely post back your results. I'd still recommend PMing Bstates through the forum for additional insight.

On a side note...the only difference I see between the 15267753 (the unit in the $50 auction) and 15267754 is that the 15267753 was available from 04-07 whereas the 15267754 was only 05-07. They're prolly identical units, one's just made in a different plant than the other or something like that. They definitely appear to have been used in parallel between 05-07 and one is not listed as superseding the other. Oh well, I'd have prolly bought the same one you did though...'new in box' is way better than 'used with broken clip'...LOL!
Old 07-30-2012, 12:15 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Definitely post back your results. I'd still recommend PMing Bstates through the forum for additional insight.

On a side note...the only difference I see between the 15267753 (the unit in the $50 auction) and 15267754 is that the 15267753 was available from 04-07 whereas the 15267754 was only 05-07. They're prolly identical units, one's just made in a different plant than the other or something like that. They definitely appear to have been used in parallel between 05-07 and one is not listed as superseding the other. Oh well, I'd have prolly bought the same one you did though...'new in box' is way better than 'used with broken clip'...LOL!

Thanks for the advice. So yeah got in touch with BStates and he tells me that the issue he had was with his Rear Seat Entertainment controls. He said that he had to swap out the R.S control module in the center console. As you already know I bought a replacement Amp off of Ebay already and I'm still waiting for it to arrive. Today after leaving work, still hoping that I'll hit the power button on the radio and hear my music again decided to reach back and press the Rear Seat controls. When I would hit the power button, I would hear a popping sound through the speakers but still no sound. After stopping the truck, I got out to check R. Seat controls while hitting the power button and Low and Behold I get this message "DAB ELECTRIC"( See video ). The funny thing is...I don't ever use the R.Seat controls ......How would this go bad if this is indeed the problem? I won't know until the Amp arrives. Has anyone on this Forum received this "ELECTRIC" message before?

"http://www.youtube.com/embed/FcbLkrl-vkQ"

Last edited by SMITH23H2SUT : 07-30-2012 at 12:19 PM.
Old 08-04-2012, 09:34 AM
Hummer Veteran

Fixed.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:43 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Fixed.

Guess not. Went back out AGAIN!!! Does anyone know which relays are for the door speakers and seatbelt chime? Checked fuses and they all appear to be good.Amplifier was replaced but was not the issue. Rear audio controls were ordered and are about to be swapped out in order to see if this will fix the problem. If I were to go with after market I would lose door chime and seatbelt alarm since they appear to be running off of the factory Amplifier. Help please.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:48 PM
Hummer Veteran

620 views and no replies.Come on guys. Help a HUMMER brother out. I'm sure someone will be hit with the same problem in the future and need this info also. I've been doing searches for this problem online and can't find NADA.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:12 PM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Guess not. Went back out AGAIN!!! Does anyone know which relays are for the door speakers and seatbelt chime? Checked fuses and they all appear to be good.Amplifier was replaced but was not the issue. Rear audio controls were ordered and are about to be swapped out in order to see if this will fix the problem. If I were to go with after market I would lose door chime and seatbelt alarm since they appear to be running off of the factory Amplifier. Help please.
I think it's the factory headunit that 'generates' (or has something to do with) the tone...not the amp.

If I remember correctly, most of the third-party interface devices designed to connect an aftermarket head-unit with a GM/Bose vehicle produce their own tones for door chime/seat belt warnings for just this reason. I remember my tone sounding different than the factory tone when I had one of these in place.

Now I have a completely aftermarket entertainment system wired directly to the factory amp (no third-party interface) and I have no tones at all...and LOVE it.

You originally posted that it was fixed...did it work for a while after you swapped the amp?
Old 08-08-2012, 11:13 AM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
I think it's the factory headunit that 'generates' (or has something to do with) the tone...not the amp.

If I remember correctly, most of the third-party interface devices designed to connect an aftermarket head-unit with a GM/Bose vehicle produce their own tones for door chime/seat belt warnings for just this reason. I remember my tone sounding different than the factory tone when I had one of these in place.

Now I have a completely aftermarket entertainment system wired directly to the factory amp (no third-party interface) and I have no tones at all...and LOVE it.

You originally posted that it was fixed...did it work for a while after you swapped the amp?

Disconnected negative ground. Installed new Amp and after powering back up ,music played as it should. After getting back in the car 8 hours later........NOTHING. Still getting Onstar/Navigation/Radio audio through Aftermarket Fosgate Sub-box only. At this point, I am hoping that the Rear Seat Audio control replacement will do the trick. Good info about the Headset generating the door tones though, next time I'll disconnect the Radio too. at this point Im considering getting an aftermarket also. KENWOOD Excelon DNX9990HD.

Last edited by guruerror : 08-08-2012 at 01:57 PM.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:50 AM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
I wish I could get the Amp for $50 The Amp I need is ACDelco part # 15115316 or O.E.M ACD15115316. The newer replacement part # is 15267754 it replaces the older model 15115316. If you order this from ACDelco they want $372.57 for it. I found the only one on Ebay for $200 + $25 shipping and had to get it before it was gone. I hope it is the Amp, but if not I'll take your advice and try to resell the Amp back on Ebay. Shouldn't be hard to sell being that this was the only one on the site. And it is New in box. Crossing my fingers, having a nice truck and driving along the shore in $725 dollar sunglasses isn't as without tunes.

GET THEM BEFORE THEY'RE GONE.JUST BOUGHT A REPLACEMENT AMP FROM GMPARTS HOUSE FOR $170.THAT'S $202 CHEAPER THAN WHEN I NEEDED ONE 6 MONTHS AGO.I HAVE INSTALLED A KENWOOD DNX9990hd WITH ALL NEW SPEAKERS AND ROUTED ALL WIRES PARALLELING OEM WIRING.OEM WIRING WAS NOT REMOVED SO FACTORY SET-UP CAN BE RE-INSTALLED IF NEED BE. IF ANY ONE HAS A NEED FOR AN OEM AMP OR THINK THEY MAY NEED ONE IN THE FUTURE, NOW IS THE TIME TO GET IT BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE. OEM BOSE SET-UP IS BADA55 BUT WITHOUT A BOSE AMP IT WOULD BE HARD TO GET THE ORIGINAL SOUND AND OTHER FUNCTIONS LIKE DOOR CHIME/ONSTAR/NAVIGATIONvoicecommands IN DRIVERS DOOR ONLY WHILE PLAYING MUSIC. I'M GLAD TO HAVE A BACKUP, SINCE THE NEW SYSTEM WILL BE REMOVED WHEN AND IF I SELL IN FUTURE.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:11 PM
Hummer Authority

Does GMParts sell keyboards? Looks like your CAP LOCK is busted...LOL!
Old 02-27-2013, 01:58 PM
Hummer Veteran

RE;help muffled music.

Last edited by SMITH23H2SUT : 02-28-2013 at 01:37 PM.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:02 PM
Hummer Authority

Ooooooooooh K...
...here you go: http://bit.ly/VN9IVj
Old 02-28-2013, 01:40 PM
Hummer Veteran

[quote=SMITH23H2SUT]