Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > ETC. Forums > General Off Topic

Old 11-20-2006, 11:21 PM
Hummer Authority

JamesT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: whats a better offroader......

Oh yea? Well my Dad can beat up your Dad.

Gheez...go away.

OH BTW... You cant afford an H2!! Nanee Nanee Boo Boo!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by H1izmabyatch
Personal attacks on me is the best you ladies can do? I must say it's really touching how you little girlies come to the defense of your pansy-mobiles. Those crap boxes need all the help they can get ... and that's a fact.
Old 11-21-2006, 12:00 AM
Hummer Veteran

evomind2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilD
The CoG is not an issue off-road, and in fact the greater flex, slightly wide track, may even give you an edge over a stock H2 on some terrain, especially undulating type of stuff. It is a little more "bouncy" so you you have to be cautious when at steep angles not to bounce it around, but otherwise the lift is a definite plus off-road.

I've given some thought to same thing and if I did go down that route an 03/04 would be the way I'd go.

I wouldn't say that a H1 is better off-road than a H2, and as I said previously, you can easily break stuff on both if you push them. They are different vehicles and for me anyway, I give a lot fo thought to the 350 days a year i will not be off-road.

i was gonna send u a pm phild, as i understand u have a lifted h2.
nice.
i really like the lifted h2, and right now i can get a great deal on a used 06, then the kit and labor is abt 7k. i can easily do that by feb/march.
im sure i would enjoy it.
i actually dont mind the road manners of the h1 though. its not a DD for me. i take the train and i have 3 cars. (lifted h3, c6zo6, and the wifes expedition)
i just think its so cool to drive an h1 with the top off and i wanna offroad it like i do my h3.
i cant imagine what would break on the h1 besides maybe a halfshaft....
the only downside as i see to an h1 offroading is its size if ya wanna go through trails. seems like its made more for rolling terrain.
the h2 is a much better street vehicle.
the h1 IS special though..
Old 11-21-2006, 03:49 AM
Hummer Expert

Vettster is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I mean, honestly, have you ever heard anyone refer to a Tahoe as an offroad vehicle? Then why would you think that the H2 is, when it's basically a Taho with some fancy accessories and a wanna-be Jeep body???

Gee! That's one we haven't heard before.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:45 PM
Hummer Professional

Boar-Ral is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
C'mon, let's stick to the vehicles. An 1985 Jeep CJ with lockers and 33's is a much more capable offroad vehicle than any H1, and the owner doesn't have to worry about taping magnets over his paint job. Fact. Just the facts, ladies!

I mean, honestly, have you ever heard anyone refer to a Tahoe as an offroad vehicle? Then why would you think that the H2 is, when it's basically a Taho with some fancy accessories and a wanna-be Jeep body???
If you would like to start discussing modified vehicles, then feel free. I am certain that you could buy a 20-year old Jeep and slap on some upgrades and sure, it'll wheel. But you could also buy a 5-year old H1 or a newer H2 or H3 and slap on some upgrades and it'll do the same.

The moment you pulled the "H2 is a Tahoe" card from your pocket, I immediately lost any respect for your posts, not that there was much to begin with. That is the most uneducated fallback that Hummer-haters use. There was some write-up in an offroad magazine a few months ago, which unfortunately, I cannot remember the name of, where they found that the only real common component was the frame rails and a little bit of the drivetrain, but the fourwheel drive system and the other important parts that make an offroad vehicle an offroad vehicle are unique to Hummer.

And as for the "Hummer grill copying the Jeep grill," I think someone needs to research who made who. Because some people might remember it was AM General who built the Jeep. If anyone is copying anyone, it is Daimler Chrysler.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:49 PM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
Ah ... the truth cannot be denied; by your own admission, I DO have credibility. ha! hahahahahahahahah!!!
I haven't heard any of you crybabies deny that Jeep is the undisputable offroad King ... Hummer is a pretender, not even a contender, so it's understandable why you ladies are all in a tizzy over your Ark.

.... and yet you all flock to refute it like moths to a flame, like lambs to the slaughter ... why?

Hey, I didn't start this abortion of a thread, I just made it into a living thing. You should all thank me for brightening your Saturday.
You defend your comments by saying that even though this comes up thousands of times, that the truth cannot be denied. You have your truth, however uneducated it might be, and we have our own, one that stems from knowledge, experience, and in many cases here, people who have owned both Jeeps and Hummers -- and in some cases still do. We have the right to defend our truth just as much as you have yours.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:55 PM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
The CoG is not an issue off-road, and in fact the greater flex, slightly wide track, may even give you an edge over a stock H2 on some terrain, especially undulating type of stuff. It is a little more "bouncy" so you you have to be cautious when at steep angles not to bounce it around, but otherwise the lift is a definite plus off-road.
I never realized how much body flex the H2 underwent when offroading until I was looking at pictures when we went offroading last. The rear rubber seals between the body and the rear bumper are normally mashed against the body on my H2 (which has rubbed completely through the paint and primer, I might add) but there are some photographs of one of the rear wheels off the ground, and there is easily a two inch gap between the seal and the body. Quite the difference.
Old 11-21-2006, 06:00 PM
Hummer Professional

Being that the original point of this thread was to compare the H1 and H2 offroad, I will see if I can offer anything, or confirm what others have said.

I go offroading regularly with Jeeps, Landcruisers, and Hummers, including H1s, H2s, and H3s. To be perfectly honest, the H1 and H2 are quite comparable -- on average. The H2 has more articulation, keeping more rubber to the ground, but the H1 has the advantage that the drivetrain is tucked up inside, offering more consistant clearance. The H1 offers more torque, but it does take a small amount of time to spool the turbo, whereas the H2's power is "right there." The H1 is about six inches wider than the H2, but most trails are built for Jeeps anyway, and if you can push an H2 through it, you can push an H1 through it. All the times that I have gone wheeling with the H1s, I have made it through the same obstacles that they have, and I have gotten stuck in the same obstacles that they have. Neither has made it through something that the other could not. I guess that I have not really made a case for either vehicle being better than the other in general, but it might help, based on what you know you like to do when offroad.
Old 11-21-2006, 06:02 PM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
The original grille was a nine slot grille and was part of the Ford design. I believe AM General made more M151's than any other supplier. At the same time as AMG were supplying the iconic military "Jeep", Jeep were supplying civilian model vehicles..
The moment I hit send, I had visions of you replying, hehe. I stand corrected. Or is that partially corrected? So is the AMG military Jeep vs. the Jeep brand civilian Jeep similar to the current situation with AMG and GM? (Though I realize that AMG is still building the civilian Hummers.)