H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 08-15-2005, 11:25 AM

GrimReaper is off the scale

Hello all. Many of you have labored through my lenghty posts to read my travails about trying to order an H3 in Central Florida. Last week the Jacksonville dealer called to tell me he was ready to take a deposit, (3.5 weeks after I first contacted him) and so on Saturday I drove up to see him. Yeahhhh! He actually handed me an order sheet with an order number!!! Visions of build dates and shipping dates danced through my head! I did get a bit annoyed when the salesman, sitting in front of his "salesman of the year" sign, mentioned that the delay was simply due to the fact that he had been very busy, and he had not been able to get to it. That has been the story from all of the Central/North Florida dealers. Anyway, I carefully checked the order sheet, and everything seemed OK -- except that he had ordered an automatic transimssion model. AAAAAHHHHH. The manual tranny was the primary reason that I was not buy off of the lot in the first place. At least I uncoverd this error before I was standing in the lot to pick the thing up.

The salesman told me that he would fix the order today (Monday), and that the change would not go in utill Thursday at which time I should get a new order number. I think it was around the 5th of July that I first contaced a dealer about buying an H3. Really really nuts.

One question for you all. I had asked for the offroad roof lights -- not the marker lights. The line on the order sheet for this itenm read "Roof Marker Lights / Off Road". Is this correct?
Old 08-15-2005, 11:25 AM

GrimReaper is off the scale

Hello all. Many of you have labored through my lenghty posts to read my travails about trying to order an H3 in Central Florida. Last week the Jacksonville dealer called to tell me he was ready to take a deposit, (3.5 weeks after I first contacted him) and so on Saturday I drove up to see him. Yeahhhh! He actually handed me an order sheet with an order number!!! Visions of build dates and shipping dates danced through my head! I did get a bit annoyed when the salesman, sitting in front of his "salesman of the year" sign, mentioned that the delay was simply due to the fact that he had been very busy, and he had not been able to get to it. That has been the story from all of the Central/North Florida dealers. Anyway, I carefully checked the order sheet, and everything seemed OK -- except that he had ordered an automatic transimssion model. AAAAAHHHHH. The manual tranny was the primary reason that I was not buy off of the lot in the first place. At least I uncoverd this error before I was standing in the lot to pick the thing up.

The salesman told me that he would fix the order today (Monday), and that the change would not go in utill Thursday at which time I should get a new order number. I think it was around the 5th of July that I first contaced a dealer about buying an H3. Really really nuts.

One question for you all. I had asked for the offroad roof lights -- not the marker lights. The line on the order sheet for this itenm read "Roof Marker Lights / Off Road". Is this correct?
Old 08-15-2005, 12:37 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Grim,

Congratulations on getting as far as you have. It is about time someone decided they wanted your order.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 08-15-2005, 12:49 PM
Hummer Veteran

montanah3 is off the scale

Congratulations on your order. I can't believe a salesman would be too busy to place an order. What does he think his job is? I had a build date the next day after placing my order. Hope all is well when it arrives.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:58 PM

Georgemarc is off the scale

Glad to hear progress is being made.
But, the problem was simple....a lack of priorities and unfortunately you were not one of your salesman's priorities.