H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 08-12-2005, 10:58 PM
Hummer Guru

VTSTOMPER is off the scale

Are many of you getting ANTI hummer comments? I am wondering if the smaller H3 will get as many as the H2. My friend has already been sharted on at the local gas station. It seems most comments I get are during a fill-up.
Old 08-12-2005, 10:58 PM
Hummer Guru

Are many of you getting ANTI hummer comments? I am wondering if the smaller H3 will get as many as the H2. My friend has already been sharted on at the local gas station. It seems most comments I get are during a fill-up.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:05 PM

Georgemarc is off the scale

The opposite for me. People have come up to me at the gas station, as they see I have the "new baby Hummer". More than one has referred to it as such. But, they all like it.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:06 PM
Hummer Guru

That is very good to know. I hope it will change the mind of many of the haters out there. I am about 50/50 on the lovers and haters I have met along the way.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:19 PM

Georgemarc is off the scale

How can someone really hate the H3, once they actually see it or ride in it?
Old 08-12-2005, 11:21 PM
Hummer Expert

RazM is an unknown quantity at this point

Only one from some old guy with his wife. He whispered "gas guzzler" to his wife while getting in their car. So far that's it, lots of positive remarks and people coming up and looking at the interior.
Old 08-13-2005, 12:56 AM
Hummer Professional

aggiehummer...er is off the scale

I shared this on the H2 board. I've gotten some anti-Hummer stuff from a Jeep owner one night in Dallas. They were in an open-top Wrangler (stock, btw) and sped past me so the passenger could turn around, look at me, flip me off, then laugh. Then the patrolman's lights came on for a speeding and I got to laugh...
Old 08-13-2005, 01:12 AM
Hummer Professional

Dani is off the scale

I don't even have my H3 yet and I've gotten a lot of negative comments from people who know I ordered it. Personally I don't care what other people think about the kind of vehicle I drive or want to drive. The H3 fits my personality 100%...and I'm not about to let some no-brain moron's comments ruin it for me. I mean really......it's not as if I go around saying "ugh why would you buy that nasty piece of crap Jeep (or whatever car)?"

On another note....I also got nasty comments about my Element when I first got it. The only thing people could talk about was how ugly it was...now at least 3 people I know (who said my Element was nasty and that they'd never buy it) are now Element owners themselves.

Gee.....if only the H3 were available 2 1/2 yrs ago- there's have been no Element
Old 08-13-2005, 02:34 AM

S2KtoH3 is off the scale

Well, not driving a Hummer... But driving a new Lincoln Navigator.... I don't know if it's just because it's an SUV or what but I noticed when driving a big SUV I get cut-off a lot more often. I was driving the Lincoln yesterday on my way home from the store. I was stopped at a light with a Caddy CTS on my left. Light turned green and the Caddy and I both took off normally. Few seconds later the Caddy started drifting in my lane. I didn't honk or anything because I knew eventually the lady would see me (which she did). Then she decided to floor it and cut me off without signaling or anything. So I'm approaching another red light and the Caddy is already stopped up ahead. I switch lanes because I didnt want to be behing the Caddy because the light had just turned green and I didnt want to stop since the lane next to the Caddy was open. So I pass the Caddy and switch back infront of the Caddy because I need to make my right at the next light. I gave my signal and there was lots of distance between our cars as well so I didn't cut her off. So I guess that ticked her off or something, I don't know. She comes around me on my left and makes a totally illegal right turn for the only reason I can assume to be so she could get infront of me. She made the right turn as if it was a double turn lane when it was only a single all while there was also another car making the turn at the same time. So whatever. Then she ended up making the next same turn as me and I am right behind her again. I try to switch to the left lane to pass and out of no where she totally just swerves infront of me and starts driving in the middle of the lanes. Then, she slammed her breaks and went all the way into the left lane and then I finally swerved into the right lane and got away from the bitch. She had to have been around 50. So my point being, I don't have my Hummer yet but I still get a lot of ****. Before I drove an SUV I'll admit that I wasn't fond of there presence. But I am seriously so shocked at the kinds of things people are willing to do just because someone drives a big SUV. I have no other explanation as to why this lady was so aggressive with me. Needless to say though, this kind of stuff only happens to me when driving a big SUV.
Old 08-13-2005, 03:03 AM
Hummer Veteran

bender is off the scale

i get nothing but positive reactions!!! people "ooh" and "ahh"