H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 02-16-2007, 06:11 PM
Hummer Expert

stagger_lee is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Hummer Service Experience

Edit: Sorry I meant to post this General Discussion

I took the H3 in for the normal things to be fixed, roof rails, AC vents had a few broken directional fins, which they had to order, and of course the TPM Sens that wont go away even with proper pressure and checking all the time by myself. I also had a leaky valve stem on the driver side rear tire.

So my wife goes picks up the H3 from the dealer because I was at work. The service guy tells her that the TPM sens indication is normal and happens on all the H3s and that we just have to deal with it. WTF?!? I call too lazy to unmount some tires from the wheels and check or replace the sensors. Also on the statement I got from them they stated that the passenger front valve stem was fine. Wrong stem douchebags! Are they that lazy? Or just plain stupid?

Now mind you I spoke to the service guy myself when I dropped it off, my wife picked it up. Regardless he knew when I left that I was familiar with these cars and autos in general, so why try and F-me? They also gave me crap for wanting a rental car during the 72 hours they had my rig to do the rails. F- U its under warranty! I still have to go to work! I finally got a Pontiac Grand Am? I got . Nice comparable vehicle. I raced the piss out of it anyway, and by the way they rally pretty good off road.

I chose not to call and make a scene and just try to check out another dealership. I am hoping for some feedback with good experiences, give me some hope, please. If your in So Cal what dealer do you go to, and do they take care of you right?

Sorry for the rant, but Im pissed.

Oh Yeah, avoid Cerritos Hummer in Cerritos, CA

'06 Luxury Adventure
'99 Toyota 4runner 4x4
'71 FJ40

Last edited by stagger_lee : 02-16-2007 at 06:37 PM.
Old 02-16-2007, 10:08 PM
Hummer Veteran

aetherH3 is off the scale
Default Re: Hummer Service Experience

i've had horrible experiences at my dealer in Reno. I dropped it off on a Friday afternoon before heading to the airport and asked that they lock the spare keys in my H3 so that when I pick it up Monday evening (after they closed) I could drive it home with both sets of keys. I live about an hour away near Lake Tahoe.
I confirmed it with two different people at the dealership and when I arrived Monday evening... surprise surprise. Not only were my spare keys NOT in the truck, but they locked the vehicle on the lot. I sat there for an hour trying to figure out how the hell to get off the lot so i could go home. Finally i just squeezed the truck between the sign and the pole over some rocks, the sidewalk and curb into the street. it was tight.
I called the next day to complain and all they said was, "oh yeah, i guess we forgot!"
episode 2: I need to take the H3 in for some small issues and my steering wheel is turned to the left when the truck drives straight. I ask for a loaner while on the phone because it would cost a small fortune for me to take a cab to and from work (20 miles one way) and from Hummer to my house (50 miles one way). He tells me that the only way they can issue a loaner is if the car is undrivable... my response, "well if I don't have it, its sure as **** undrivable isn't it!"
"Unfortunately we'd have to diagnose it first"
The worst part is... this is the only dealer within an hour and a half of me.
Old 02-16-2007, 10:31 PM
Hummer Veteran

kma is on a distinguished road

Thats pretty odd. A guy with an H1 says that Cerritos is the only dealership he will take his H1 to and that they have a very good rep.

I just got mine back from Sherman Oaks Hummer in the Valley and they took car of me well. Fully loaded H3 while mine was in the shop. Nice people. The only thing is I may have to go back to get something minor reworked.
Old 02-16-2007, 10:51 PM
Hummer Guru

HummBebe is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by aetherH3
i've had horrible experiences at my dealer in Reno. I dropped it off on a Friday afternoon before heading to the airport and asked that they lock the spare keys in my H3 so that when I pick it up Monday evening (after they closed) I could drive it home with both sets of keys. I live about an hour away near Lake Tahoe.
I confirmed it with two different people at the dealership and when I arrived Monday evening... surprise surprise. Not only were my spare keys NOT in the truck, but they locked the vehicle on the lot. I sat there for an hour trying to figure out how the hell to get off the lot so i could go home. Finally i just squeezed the truck between the sign and the pole over some rocks, the sidewalk and curb into the street. it was tight.
I called the next day to complain and all they said was, "oh yeah, i guess we forgot!"
episode 2: I need to take the H3 in for some small issues and my steering wheel is turned to the left when the truck drives straight. I ask for a loaner while on the phone because it would cost a small fortune for me to take a cab to and from work (20 miles one way) and from Hummer to my house (50 miles one way). He tells me that the only way they can issue a loaner is if the car is undrivable... my response, "well if I don't have it, its sure as **** undrivable isn't it!"
"Unfortunately we'd have to diagnose it first"
The worst part is... this is the only dealer within an hour and a half of me.

Do you live in California or Nevada?

HUMMER OF SACRAMENTO ROCKS!!!!!!
Old 02-16-2007, 10:54 PM
Hummer Guru

p.s.

YOU MIGHT WANT TO READ THIS THREAD...

http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=22600
Old 02-17-2007, 02:30 AM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by kma
Thats pretty odd. A guy with an H1 says that Cerritos is the only dealership he will take his H1 to and that they have a very good rep.

I just got mine back from Sherman Oaks Hummer in the Valley and they took car of me well. Fully loaded H3 while mine was in the shop. Nice people. The only thing is I may have to go back to get something minor reworked.

Well maybe they were having a bad week, or maybe they treat H1 owners with more respect because it obviously top of the line. Regardless I would expect that not to be the case. I guess I can deal with the valve stem issue, wrong tire, overlooked maybe, whatever. But I would think that if an owner of a vehicle says there is a leaky valve stem you would check them all. How long would that take, honestly? But the fact that he said we just have to deal with the TPM sensor, makes no sense, and theres no excuse. So we have the cheapest of all models, but its still a Hummer, and the are representing the manufacturer. Dont get me wrong, I love my H3, but just a bit frustrated right now. Maybe it will just be a matter of going there all the time and getting to them, at the same time I dont want to be the picky complaining owner either. Thanks for the input guys.

Bebes - Im in Cali, but southern Cali. Thanks though.

'06 Luxury Adventure
'99 Toyota 4runner 4x4
'71 FJ40
Old 02-17-2007, 03:02 AM
Hummer Guru

I know the difference cutie pie.....I was refering to aetherH3
Old 02-17-2007, 08:33 AM
Hummer Guru

Hmmm2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kma

H2Finally (H2 owner) swears by Cerritos Hummer. He posted once that they were going through a reorganization about 2-3 months ago, but that the Service Manager was great. I haven't tried them yet. I bought mine from Casa Hummer in Sherman Oaks. I had a major problem that my local Hummer dealer (Penske) couldn't fix, but Casa took care of it (Tim = Service Manager). I live too far from them to use their service area unfortunately. They give H3's as loaners. I have been going to Penske for any new issues lately and they have been good. (Penske gives Cadillac loaners for warranty work). Good luck!
Old 02-20-2007, 07:17 PM
Hummer Veteran

aetherH3 is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummBebe
Do you live in California or Nevada?

HUMMER OF SACRAMENTO ROCKS!!!!!!

I'm in Truckee remember?
Old 02-20-2007, 07:39 PM
Hummer Guru

I remember....90 minutes tops down the hill.

Call Gary in Service....tell him I (Jacquelyne) sent you 916-609-1938.

It's better than suffering thru another experience at Winkle Dinkle
Old 02-21-2007, 11:07 PM
Hummer Veteran

graydog is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by stagger_lee
Well maybe they were having a bad week, or maybe they treat H1 owners with more respect because it obviously top of the line. Regardless I would expect that not to be the case. I guess I can deal with the valve stem issue, wrong tire, overlooked maybe, whatever. But I would think that if an owner of a vehicle says there is a leaky valve stem you would check them all. How long would that take, honestly? But the fact that he said we just have to deal with the TPM sensor, makes no sense, and theres no excuse. So we have the cheapest of all models, but its still a Hummer, and the are representing the manufacturer. Dont get me wrong, I love my H3, but just a bit frustrated right now. Maybe it will just be a matter of going there all the time and getting to them, at the same time I dont want to be the picky complaining owner either. Thanks for the input guys.

Old 02-22-2007, 01:36 AM
Hummer Veteran

MountainBlue is on a distinguished road

At least you have a bunch of dealerships to take it too. I have one within 400 miles of me and they suck ass. And I have to take it to them because not one other GM dealership will even look at it. 110 mile round trip. Thanks f-ing GM. welcome to the **** service expereince group. We have a lot of members here.
Volant intake, Airaid TB spacer, Custom down pipe, Magnaflow dual Exhaust, NGK iridium plugs, Nitto TG -AT295/75/16, Brush guard, tail light guards, mud guards, Chrome Shorty Antenna & bracket, Chrome lower punch grill & lettering, Chrome side moldings, smoked side marker lenses, 3-D Hummer hitch plug, Body color spare cover, & of course DEBADGED!
Old 02-22-2007, 03:14 AM
Hummer Expert

Yeah well Im giving them another chance to redeem themselves next week. Just seemed like to head guy there was too cool, stoned and lazy to give a straight answer but who knows maybe he had a rough week.

'06 Luxury Adventure
'99 Toyota 4runner 4x4
'71 FJ40
Old 02-22-2007, 03:47 AM
Hummer Veteran

MountainBlue is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Yeah well Im giving them another chance to redeem themselves next week. Just seemed like to head guy there was too cool, stoned and lazy to give a straight answer but who knows maybe he had a rough week.

You're gonna get burned. Just find another dealer.
Volant intake, Airaid TB spacer, Custom down pipe, Magnaflow dual Exhaust, NGK iridium plugs, Nitto TG -AT295/75/16, Brush guard, tail light guards, mud guards, Chrome Shorty Antenna & bracket, Chrome lower punch grill & lettering, Chrome side moldings, smoked side marker lenses, 3-D Hummer hitch plug, Body color spare cover, & of course DEBADGED!
Old 02-22-2007, 04:35 AM
Hummer Expert

Its weird because a cople people on here said that Cerritos was one of the best best. They were H2 owners though, so maybe its a prejudice thing. We'll see. I'll keep you all posted.

'06 Luxury Adventure
'99 Toyota 4runner 4x4
'71 FJ40
Old 02-22-2007, 10:29 PM
Hummer Veteran

graydog is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by fagger_lee

Demand mydol and diapers that should make you happy
Old 02-23-2007, 06:06 AM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by graydog
Demand mydol and diapers that should make you happy

You must have a vagina because I have never seen or met a man so needy for starting drama. Go back to myspace girly man.

'06 Luxury Adventure
'99 Toyota 4runner 4x4
'71 FJ40
Old 02-23-2007, 06:08 AM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
You must have a vagina because I have never seen or met a man so needy for starting drama. Go back to myspace girly man.

HEY!!!!!!
Old 02-23-2007, 04:10 PM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummBebe
HEY!!!!!!

Generally speaking Bebes. You know you are exempt. This dudes a frickin woman!

'06 Luxury Adventure
'99 Toyota 4runner 4x4
'71 FJ40

Last edited by stagger_lee : 02-23-2007 at 04:26 PM.