H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 05-28-2010, 01:42 PM
Hummer Veteran

dna is off the scale
Default have Service Air Suspension message every 2 seconds

Got a 03 H2 with the air suspension. Noticed that about 3 months ago that the H2 rear would be low if I left the truck alone for 24+ hours (like the air bags were leaking). But by hitting the raise button the truck would always lift again. Shortly afterwards I started to get Service Air Suspension oh-**** lights going off every once in a while. Now I get this message popping up every 2 seconds. The same issue exists - the truck will be low if now left for 12 hours but I always can raise it by the raise button.

So I suspect I have a leak somewhere. Does anyone know where or how to start to find the issue? If the bags are leaking, is there a way to fix them or will I need new ones?

Thanks
Old 05-28-2010, 02:47 PM
Elcova Rookie

Trainnwhls is on a distinguished road
Default Re: have Service Air Suspension message every 2 seconds

Sounds like your bags have a leak. Be careful it will burn your compressor up trying to keep them filled. Try spraying soapy water on them and look for bubbles after you have raised the rear.
Old 05-28-2010, 02:49 PM
Elcova Rookie

Trainnwhls is on a distinguished road

Oh and Im pretty sure you will have to replace the bag that's leaking. Don't know of any repairs.
Old 05-29-2010, 12:56 PM
Hummer Expert

HummerMann is on a distinguished road

I had the same thing when mine was new and it was a bad sensor causing the Hummer to relevel all the time. I only raise my H2 for offroading, over 40 mph? it returns the vehicle to the lower height regardless of what you're doing with the air suspension. I got the check air suspension message constantly, but it was a two hour fix under warranty to replace the sensor.

Hummer, like nothing else
Old 06-03-2010, 01:55 PM
Hummer Veteran

dna is off the scale

Does it make sense that it fixed/resolved itself? Seems that all of a sudden the H2 is not sunken each morning (it is at proper height) and I no longer get the warning message. For over a month prior I was having to raise it every morning because it was right at the lowest level and was getting that message.

Being that it resolved itself, I guess I did not have leaky bags? Perhaps I just had a small leak at one of the connectors or line and it somehow plugged itself? Or as HummerMann suggested, maybe I had a sensor that was slightly disconnected?

Any advice?

Thanks
Old 06-03-2010, 04:28 PM
Hummer Professional

Scarsman is on a distinguished road

I would bet on either a sensor issue, or maybe there was a partical of something in the valve not letting it close all the way. Then when it sat it would slowly leak, but it was slow enough that you could fill them up.
Wheels - Black bedliner on stock wheels
Gas cap lid - still chrome but will soon be black bedliner
Tail light guards - still chrome but will be black bedliner
Grill - Still chrome but will be black bedliner
Hmmmm, is there a pattern developing here?
Old 11-14-2010, 03:34 AM
Elcova Newbie

Tyfani is on a distinguished road
Angry Re: have Service Air Suspension message every 2 seconds

I have the same problem BUTTTT. I lifted it up went to taco bell and back. When I pulled into the garage I ripped off my back Luggage rack and tore off the back running lites. Uhggg. I have parked in the garage for 5 years with no problems. Mind you I had about a 2 inch clearance until yesterday. Then I was stuck in the garage because it kept on lifting after the accident. Not sure if I call auto or home insurance. Going to the mechanic tomorrow. There was a liquid leaking out of the back right suspension not air. ANYBODY KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS. This is going to cost me. My susspension service lite came on last night for the first time ever. and that was after the accident. Help Please. I don't want to get taken to the cleaners on repairing the problem.
Old 11-14-2010, 04:34 AM
Hummer Veteran

Luv2Camp is on a distinguished road

One of those "AHH HAA" things... but... If you get stuck in the garage, let some air pressure out of the tires and you will get the clearance you need.
Old 11-14-2010, 04:37 AM
Hummer Veteran

Luv2Camp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyfani
I have the same problem BUTTTT. I lifted it up went to taco bell and back. When I pulled into the garage I ripped off my back Luggage rack and tore off the back running lites. Uhggg. I have parked in the garage for 5 years with no problems. Mind you I had about a 2 inch clearance until yesterday. Then I was stuck in the garage because it kept on lifting after the accident. Not sure if I call auto or home insurance. Going to the mechanic tomorrow. There was a liquid leaking out of the back right suspension not air. ANYBODY KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS. This is going to cost me. My susspension service lite came on last night for the first time ever. and that was after the accident. Help Please. I don't want to get taken to the cleaners on repairing the problem.

Auto for the car and Home owners for the house. Sorry to tell you that if you have damage to both the truck and the garage it will be two separate claims and both will have a deductible (whatever is listed on your homeowners and auto insurance declarations page)