H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 07-10-2005, 02:25 AM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

OLD NEWS:
So after my last trip to Moab, I was driving over Vail pass to come home and the SUT bogged down and killed over and over. Push on the gas it was worse. Pulled the battery cables and re-tried and problem solved. Dealer said it was some kind of O2 sensor issues. Also had some fuel canister changed out. No more issue since than and dealer could never duplicate. OnStar did fn\ind issues when diognostic ceck was done.
NEW NEWS:
So I went to run McCalisters Gulch today. So I packed up the wife and dogs and off we went. YIPPEEEE!
Get to the trail head and start to make my way up some steep sections and having a blast. Get up to the Summit (1/3 way into the trail) and have lunch... just before is starts to rain.
So we continue on to see this new trail that we have NEVER been on before. Just geting to the highest elevation and the truck starts sputtering. ****!!! DAMN!!!! F&%$! Truck dies. Re-start and it does this for a couple more times. Than up and over the top of the summitt and start my decent down the other side. HMMMMM. No more sputtering. Odd? Stopped raining too. OK, not too bad, can't turn around even if I wanted to. SO we keep on goiong until it starts raining like a beotch.... and we found out we missed our turn. DAMN IT! So I go to turn the truck around. Keep in mind at this point I'm somewhere between Bumblefu&* and you got a pretty mouth. the SOB dies again and does this about 9 times. So I get turned around and head back and run into this really nice guy running a D90. LOVE thse rigs BTW. He showed us the way out and made sure we made it back to Denver. Thanks dude!
So now my SUT is in the driveway (all washed up already) but scratched to piss. (Kind of looks like Adam's truck now. JK).

Now I have to drive this thing back down to the dealer again. So pissed at this point. OnStar said their are no issues coming up on their diognostics either. So I'm guessing the dealer won't figure this out either.

Thoughts? Other than me going on and on?
Old 07-16-2005, 06:52 PM
Banned

tower is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DRTYFN:
That must be why you passed on Lion's Back when you had the chance. Not a big enough thrill for you.
Did you lose your cherry over 12K? If so, what was his name? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gosh, DRTY, my recollection is that while I was helping our crew tune their CB antennae, you ditched us to go do L.B. I would be happy to avail myself of your expertise and follow you up next time.

Why not take yourself your own woman (or whatever your preference is) to 12K' and worry about your own cherry? I will be happy to offer my expertise if you need some coaching beforehand.

Hint: Try being a gentleman. It might work, even for you. Really.
Old 07-14-2005, 10:05 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tower:
Kenny,

Don't be a (insert endearing term for "cat" here). I'm at altitude every winter weekend and just got back from CO where we cleared 12,000 feet a few times with no problem. You'll need a better excuse than that to wimp out! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That must be why you passed on Lion's Back when you had the chance. Not a big enough thrill for you.
Did you lose your cherry over 12K? If so, what was his name?
Old 07-18-2005, 03:31 AM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL! I remember the first time I stood at the bottom of LB. I chickened out and NOBODY was going to pressure me. Actually, we all chickened out.

Once you've done it, it's easier to do again.....I think.

AHHHHHHHH!!!! MUTHA FAWKIN PEWTER POWER!!!

My Video Collectionez

Old 07-14-2005, 02:56 AM
Hummer Guru

Well, I got it back today. They told me that the full size Chevy vans have the same issue and the FUEL PUMP has been the issue.

So sice they could not duplicate, that's what they went with. They changed out the fuel pump and said it should be fine. I'll find out Friday at let you all know.

If not, it will be strike TWO... provided i make it off the mountain.
Old 07-18-2005, 03:17 AM
Hummer Messiah

Whoopsie.
Attached Images

Old 07-15-2005, 03:03 AM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Damn
Old 07-17-2005, 06:51 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN!!!!!!!!

That's some funny but true **** Tower. You did initiate it with us. You should know the nature of this group.

It WAS all in good fun but it seems you couldn't swallow your own medicine.

Keep your ego in check and mabye you won't get picked on so much.

My Video Collectionez

Old 07-16-2005, 01:13 AM
Hummer Professional

LoLo is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timgco:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tower:
Kenny,

Don't be a (insert endearing term for "cat" here). I'm at altitude every winter weekend and just got back from CO where we cleared 12,000 feet a few times with no problem. You'll need a better excuse than that to wimp out! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was wondering my parts of the mountains were leaning to one side. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

...were they left favoring the "left"?

05 Desert Sand H2 Adv
Old 07-17-2005, 08:21 PM
Hummer Guru

frank6150 is an unknown quantity at this point

Damn...
Old 07-17-2005, 02:09 PM
Hummer Messiah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DRTYFN:
Did you lose your cherry over 12K? If so, what was his name? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gosh, DRTY, my recollection is that while I was helping our crew tune their CB antennae, you ditched us to go do L.B. I would be happy to avail myself of your expertise and follow you up next time.

Why not take yourself your own woman (or whatever your preference is) to 12K' and worry about your own cherry? I will be happy to offer my expertise if you need some coaching beforehand.

Hint: Try being a gentleman. It might work, even for you. Really. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Trying to help with CB antennas??? LMAO!!!! You knew we were leaving to run it but stayed to dick around with CBs. What a convenient excuse. I don't know what was stopping you from going up after us. You only had 3 more days to do it.

As for your "expertise" on cherry losing... Thanks, but no thanks. I'll keep my rectum intact. Being "that" kind of "gentleman" doesn't work for me.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timgco:
I take it that's a big NO. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And you have every right to be mistaken, Tim. But as a gemtleman, I will not say either way. I certainly have no intention of posting details of our private life on this website. Too bad you and Kira couldn't have met up with us. You would have a much clearer idea of things. Prhaps Moab will clear things up for you.

Honestly, Tim, I'm kind of surprised. I wouldn't go asking you for details about you and Kira, let alone asking you to post them on a public forum. Sufficeth to say, I would never compromise Blondie's reputation for the opportunity to brag here. 'nuff said. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your lack of ANY type of details is deafening after all of your crowing about meeting up with your dream girl. Hell, you were blabbering about how you two were going to meet and then... nothing. Not a peep, except to say you were being a "gentleman". You suddenly got as tight-lipped as the Vatican is about child-molesting.
Old 07-14-2005, 12:15 AM
Hummer Expert

GeorgeSSSS is off the scale

Please keep us posted. It affects most of us and the others, well -- -- enquiring minds want to know.

Good Luck,

George SSSS
Black 2005 Adventure Series; factory touch screen GPS w/XM radio; factory express open/close sunroof; reclining second row seats; Warn 9.5ti Multi-Mount Winch; Gobi Stealth roof rack with PIAA lights; HotShot windshield washer fluid system
Old 07-19-2005, 08:11 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LoLo:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alec W:
They do have Baby Lion's Back for babies </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

...would that be "kitten's back"? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>It would more accurately be referred to as "cub's back." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cubs back is funny.
This is where Adam took me to get me ready for the first trip. I had my H2 for about a month I think. I sharted(Drty's word) the first time I went up and over. It's really not baby, but VS LB, it is for sure!!!!!

You start up the front and your looking at nothing but sky. At this point you're not quite sure what's over the other side. Than you crest the peak and HOOOOLLLLYYYYSSSSHHHITTEE! It get a little narrow up top with some off camber stuff. Its really not that bad, but for some reason that seat cushion got stuck up my arss. than you start down the other side. IT'S A FING DROP OFF! Bt you go down slow and you don't slide... that much. At that point I almost picked up my cell phone to call for my mommy. But there were no bars.

Seriously though, this is where you should start. If anyone wants to, i'll take the m up that to get an idea and than they can go nuts.. ora spot will do for most. i think DRTY went up it the first time on his own. Even though it's steep, you can stop half way up and start again... same on the down side.
Old 07-18-2005, 10:04 PM
Hummer Messiah

Anybody else would have simply just reversed out of it.
Old 07-20-2005, 02:57 AM
Hummer Expert

NoMoGMPG is an unknown quantity at this point

Remember the this Disco that was crapped out half-way up the beginning of BLB?
I think Fins'n'Things is a good primer. So is 7 Mile Rim. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What the hell is that thing doing on the backside? I'll bet it got the crap beat out of it. Whats the departure angle? 15 degrees?
1999 AMGeneral H1 6.5TD BLACK Wagon e-Lockers Front and Back, Rubberduck4x4 RockTubes, Extended Undercarriage Protection,"Big Duck" 2" body lift/2 1/2" suspension lift, 41" IROK Radials on 17" Cepeks w/Rock Rims, (in process)Centered front diff, 3.08 gears, 12k Brakes and 12k halfshafts
Old 07-18-2005, 10:27 PM
Banned

tower is an unknown quantity at this point

Shaggy said I could have gone forward scraping my front a little and gotten out. Others said I might have been able to back out. Many said I was close to a right-hand roll. I don't have enough experience at this to know. All I can say for sure is that it was really good to have you guys around me to keep things safe. Thank you.
Old 07-20-2005, 03:28 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Good place to start to prime the pump. BTW, what's up with that rock to the right? Looks like a nice steep climb at the top.
Old 07-18-2005, 09:37 PM
Hummer Messiah

CO Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:

02- 15 4- 11- 02 Appalling 4 WD roll over on Hell's Revenge ....

Comments: In Charles Well's jeeping book, waypoint 18 says this: "You'll pass a vehicle sized depression before starting down a steep ridgeline off the slickrock. Use a spotter. A miscue here could send you tumbling down the slope." (see photo # 9). Miscue indeed.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wonder if this the same spot where Tower almost tipped over (I was immediately behind him when it happened).
Old 07-18-2005, 11:38 AM
Hummer Guru

ROX is an unknown quantity at this point

Alec: I always show people those pics you took out the window of your car while driving down LB solo! What were you doing with one hand on the wheel? I think the bottom pic is where I finally stopped hyperventilating and quit breathing. I did look at the tiltmeter right there and it said "too f$ing steep"!
Old 07-18-2005, 02:55 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alec W:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Don't fool yourself- you thought of me as a way into this forum and a potential free bumper. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Damn... What free bumper? I want my free bumper dammit </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I've been trying. It's not working.