H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 03-03-2009, 08:18 AM
Hummer Veteran

apexer is on a distinguished road
Default 05 H2 what supercharger to get

Thinking of a supercharger for 05 H2,any suggestions,Thanks
Old 03-03-2009, 08:29 AM
Hummer Guru

HummBob is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 05 H2 what supercharger to get

MagnaCharger
Old 03-03-2009, 07:49 PM
Hummer Veteran

Rhyno is off the scale

MagnaCharger is what I have!! Make sure you have some money left over to upgrade your tranny!
-20" Rockstar wheels
-MagnaCharger S/C
Old 03-03-2009, 10:08 PM
Hummer Guru

OrangeCrush is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyno
MagnaCharger is what I have!! Make sure you have some money left over to upgrade your tranny!

X2.. plus intercooler, aluminum radiator, air intake, J tube, headers and exhaust.

Other than that, you won't need anything else. (except fuel pressure gauge/boost gauge, harnesses, dyno tuning (or nelson performance), gear ratio change if bigger tires...but other than that...nothing)
Old 03-04-2009, 06:14 AM
Hummer Veteran

apexer is on a distinguished road

What tranny upgrades are need to run a supercharger?
Old 03-04-2009, 10:02 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

Magnacharger

2005 H2 SUV

Hey guys don't scare the guy to death.

Look put SC on make sure you have at least boost and air fuel ratio gauges and understand how to use them even in the most simple use of the system. Depending on miles on tranny and if you are a lead foot you most likely can run the tranny you have right now. I run about 550 HP at the wheels and 14,000 miles no trouble. I run boost from 6lbs. to 12lbs. I'm not lead footing it much but, it is there if I need it. I do plan a tranny upgrade always have. I have priced tranny work and just running it till it needs work or replaced by another expert build swap out to my specs. The cost is near the same and I get to put off the tranny expense to down the road until I absorb the SC upgrade cost. It all can be done in stages to spread out cost.

Do many searchs in forum and you will see many options. Write them all down and compare them. Klaus ran 6lbs. of boost and never replaced the factory tranny in his 2003 H2 and man I do not know how many miles he has. He does not leave the stop light with full throttle but, he has had fun and off-roaded the rig. Do a search on Klaus read up on him.

Man there are really as many opinions on how to do this as there are ways of doing it. I am sure I will need a tranny as my plans are now to retire buy a toy hauler travel trailer sell everything I got and see family across USA and some of you more sane guys or gals. I have tranny company picked out so if failure I can have it shipped replaced and core shipped back. I have tried to lay the plan out on everything plus try and see vendors/friends like Allen Nelson who would help if a tune flash is needed in case I messed up something on my own private tuning I do. I have not yet and do not see a problem there.

I mention my trip plans to try and reduce your initial freak out feeling. Just relax take it one step at a time research and chill out. Take everyone's experiences as they are real but, do not mean it can be your experience. There are many things that are common sense and it will come out on this forum. My really only upgrade before I travel which keep in mind is only good sense and planned before this traveling stuff was thought of is change out stock radiator and run tranny fluid through it's own rad with a fan system. I already have 160 degree stat and the OEM 1 ton dual electric fan kit. I have to research and sure Orange (Mark) will let me know what aftermarket rad will fit OEM shroud. If nothing does I will just remove the tranny cooling to a seperate isolated location along with engine oil rad cooling and just use factory rad. I know many Buds that have done that and all is well. So just plan steps get advice and do not be freaked out about SC upgrade. Use forum search and ask questions from forum buds that have done it. Many of the hard core off-roaders have put of course the most stress on Hummer components. I have stayed on pavement slowing building max HP shooting for 1000HP for a later land speed record for SUV's. It does not mean I run at that all time because with change of pulley's and tuning you can be from 16lbs. of boost down to 6lbs. of boost in an hour with change in petrol also.

Hey said my part and many angles are options. Look at all and you will begin to see a seperation of the most used techniques.

But, match with what your use of your vehicle is going to be so you do not over spend. You have to keep in mind your are going to read and receive ideas from people who have had very good, good, poor, and extremely poor experiences. Some of that will come from was that rig built on Monday or Thursday with quality as concern.

GOOD LUCK

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 03-04-2009, 05:48 PM
Hummer Guru

OrangeCrush is an unknown quantity at this point

I should have clarified. You don't HAVE to upgrade the trans. I sold my H2 with 112K miles on it and over 60K of that was with a supercharger running 6lbs of boost.

It's not that you have to but it is recommended. When you install a supercharger, one of the things that typically gets changed in the transmission programming is torque management. That typically shortens the life of the transmission. (so they say, mine was stock other than removing torque management and I never had any problems)

Anyway, I would count on at some point having to do some tranny beefing up.

Mark
Old 03-05-2009, 06:38 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

Sorry All for double post. Had connection problems and it did not show first post even though I refreshed.

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges