H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 08-13-2006, 07:48 PM
Hummer Expert

Tex_h2 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Why H3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dеiтайожни
Ah, a pathological liar, too cool. Do you even own an H2? You have no idea how many doubts that post has brought up, I'm not sure you can ever be trusted again here.

Do you really think, I care what you think about me??

Sad
Old 08-13-2006, 07:54 PM
Hummer Guru

dеiтайожни is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex_h2
Do you really think, I care what you think about me??

Sad

Oh, I know you do. I can tell by your eagerness to reply. But right about now you have realized that you're a idiot and are pulling the, "do you think I care what you think about me" bit. Right on time.
Old 08-13-2006, 08:10 PM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by dеiтайожни
Oh, I know you do. I can tell by your eagerness to reply. But right about now you have realized that you're a idiot and are pulling the, "do you think I care what you think about me" bit. Right on time.

So, your a single mother....where are you kids in front of the t.v while you play on the Net!!
Old 08-13-2006, 08:15 PM
Hummer Guru

dеiтайожни is on a distinguished road

Quote:
So, your a single mother....where are you kids in front of the t.v while you play on the Net!!

No, and before you ask... I'm not a puppy, Russian or the symbol of H3 hatred. But I'm sure that attack on single mothers right there made you feel like a big man.
Old 08-13-2006, 11:04 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

Why H3?
Because the H4 is not out yet!
Old 08-14-2006, 12:57 AM
Hummer Professional

31_bandits is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I don't want to piss anyone off, but I'm curious why those out there like the H3, I mean its not that bad looking, but no way can it compare itself to a H1 or H2.

So, without coming across as an azz.

Why did you buy an H3?

Does the Horsepower really do suck??

well, on paper the power/weight ratio is about the same as an H2 and alot better than an H1. That said, i'm pretty sure that a couple weekends ago an H3 ran out of power on an incline that it was otherwise managing pretty well. In two tries it just sort of came slowly to a stop going up a long incline without spinning out or anything. Which isn't that big of a deal in the grand scheme, it was just kind of different.

I can think of a few reasons to get an H3. Coolest truck in its price range, higher crawl ratio = more engine braking = much smoother heartbeat coming back down something really steep. And being narrower is an advantage at times also. Nice interior, better mileage, less scrutiny if you're skin is on the thin side.

But, you know, an H2 is an H2 and, well, ...
Old 08-14-2006, 01:02 AM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by XM DUDE
The horse power dosen't suck, the H3 has LOW GEARING! want to go fast GET A CORVETTE! I get tired of people saying it is under powered.

Amen. I get sick of that and i don't even own an H3.
Old 08-14-2006, 01:16 AM
Hummer Professional

i just read this entire thread. i would not have entered my previous two responses had i done so ahead of time. I am now dumber, uglier, and i have a rectal hernia.
Old 08-14-2006, 03:14 AM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by 31_bandits
well, on paper the power/weight ratio is about the same as an H2 and alot better than an H1. That said, i'm pretty sure that a couple weekends ago an H3 ran out of power on an incline that it was otherwise managing pretty well. In two tries it just sort of came slowly to a stop going up a long incline without spinning out or anything. Which isn't that big of a deal in the grand scheme, it was just kind of different.

I can think of a few reasons to get an H3. Coolest truck in its price range, higher crawl ratio = more engine braking = much smoother heartbeat coming back down something really steep. And being narrower is an advantage at times also. Nice interior, better mileage, less scrutiny if you're skin is on the thin side.

But, you know, an H2 is an H2 and, well, ...

The H3, is certainly a more pratical choice, in this day and age. But for some who like to live outside that box, choose to drive different vehicals like the H1, H2, Lotus, Porsche and so on....

I actually never meant to piss anyone off, but when pushed up agaisnt a wall, I'll depend myself, my family and my friends.

I get asked all the time, Why I bought a H2 or how much gas does it take to fill up. I never response like some of you did in this forum. I love my H2, because it is different, big, box-ie and just sooo damn cool looking!
Old 08-14-2006, 03:18 AM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
The H3, is certainly a more pratical choice, in this day and age. But for some who like to live outside that box, choose to drive different vehicals like the H1, H2, Lotus, Porsche and so on....

I actually never meant to piss anyone off, but when pushed up agaisnt a wall, I'll depend myself, my family and my friends.

I get asked all the time, Why I bought a H2 or how much gas does it take to fill up. I never response like some of you did in this forum. I love my H2, because it is different, big, box-ie and just sooo damn cool looking!

i'm not so sure the H3 is more practical than an H2, in fact i don't think it is. Than an H1 for sure, but an H1 was never meant to be practical in the slightest, its a pure-"sport" vehicle in th emanner of a Bugatti or something. But the H3 can't realistically haul a family of 5 (or even 4), tasks the H2 has no trouble with, and the rear seat of the H3 is a bit snug for pleasure-cruising with more than 2. And the H2 gets 13 for an avg driver... what does the H3 get? For an average driver? 16? 17? Look, folks, from a rubicon through LR3 through G500 through H3 and H2 and FJ and on into infinity any truck with offroad pretensions is going to get crappy mileage. That's life.

I just can't believe that hummer-vs-hummer bickering has ever happened. It sort of made sense in an idiotic way when the H1 guys had tantrums about H2s. H2 arrives, ruins the "i'm tough, i'm tough" exclusivity thing they had going on. But H3 -vs- H2? Why, on earth, would anybody bother with that fight?

Last edited by 31_bandits : 08-14-2006 at 03:23 AM.
Old 08-14-2006, 03:22 AM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by 31_bandits
i'm not so sure the H3 is more practical than an H2, in fact i don't think it is. Than an H1 for sure, but an H1 was never meant to be practical in the slightest, its a pure-"sport" vehicle in th emanner of a Bugatti or something. But the H3 can't realistically haul a family of 5 (or even 4), tasks the H2 has no trouble with, and the rear seat of the H3 is a bit snug for pleasure-cruising with more than 2.

I just can't believe that hummer-vs-hummer bickering has ever happened. It sort of made sense in an idiotic way when the H1 guys had tantrums about H2s. H2 arrives, ruins the "exclusivity" thing they had going on. But H3 -vs- H2?

Hey I can't understand it as well.........you wouldn't think that would happen.
The only way I meant the H3 to be more pratically is perhaps with the gas, and perhaps tread lightly. And the H1 is a true one (person) truck, it was and will always be a drivers SUV.
Old 08-14-2006, 03:45 AM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

I wouldn't really consider an H2 any more out of the box than an H3. They are both very unique in their styling compared to anything in their individual classes.

I would have to say you got the reaction you got because of how you posed the question. As I read your original post I certainly assumed that was the reaction you were trying to draw out and that is also why you came across as an AE. Who know whether you are or not and I don't really care.

I considered an H2 rather than the H3 but went with the H3 for several reasons. First was the size, the H3 fits better in my day to day life than the H2. Second would be what probably keeps many for going with the H2, fuel economy. This reason was by no means the deciding factor but it was something I considered. The third and probably biggest reason was the as you put it, the outside of the box side of the H3. Around here there are still far lower numbers of H3s running around than there are H2s. I would have to say I see a minimum of 6 or 7 H2s for every H3 I see. I wanted a Hummer because I love their styling, not because they are some kind of status symbol. Since I knew I wanted a Hummer and the H1 was out of my budget, well at least one with a decent amount of warranty left, it was between the H2 and H3. Since I wanted something a little unique that meant it came down to an SUT or an H3. Ultimately the H3 won for overall practicality for my daily life and its uniqueness right now. Granted, in a couple of years when I am ready for a new one the uniqueness will probably be gone for the H3 so maybe it will be an H4 next

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 08-14-2006, 06:45 PM
Hummer Guru

Agriv8r is an unknown quantity at this point

ha, this thread is funnnnaayyyy 4 pages of sh!t with a lgoical, concise, and fact containing post every now and then thrown in just keep you interested. but funnaayyy
Old 08-14-2006, 08:24 PM
Hummer Expert

blindzebra is an unknown quantity at this point

ok I see you weren't trying to be a prick when you asked your question.

I bought my h3 for a variety of reasons. I looked at quite a few suvs and a few cars befor I made my chioce. First of all I liked it's size. It's relatively small exterior has quite a bit of room on the inside to haul things. I also do alot of outdoor activities. So needless to say I was looking for something that could handle itself offroad. That being said there's nothing that can do what a hummer does stock. That being said there's not too much difference in the offroad capabilities of the H2 and H3. Yes the H2 can do somethings easier than the H3, but in my opinion not worth the additional cost. If I did have a big family to haul around everywhere and needed more room on the inside I would definitely go with the H2. If I had the money now there's no doubt that I would have an H1, but hey, I'm 24, give me a few years . Another reason I got the H3 is because I like the way it looks. If you say it looks feminine, I'd say you're into some damn hardbodied women .
Old 08-17-2006, 05:57 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I own a Hummer Dealership

Regale us with more tall tales.
Old 08-17-2006, 06:07 AM
Steve - SanJose

Another endless thread...
Old 08-17-2006, 07:09 AM
Hummer Guru

Hmmm2 is on a distinguished road

...time to put this thread to rest and out of its misery.
Old 08-17-2006, 12:43 PM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

Nevah!
Old 08-17-2006, 02:14 PM
Banned

HIHUMMER is an unknown quantity at this point

pad.
Old 08-17-2006, 02:57 PM
Hummer Authority

HummerHippy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIHUMMER
pad.

Hey, quit it!

Gone: 2006 Red H3, Aventure Pkg, 5 Speed, Monsoon, Brush Guard, Rubber Foor mats, Trailer package, Chrome Fuel door, Engine Block Heater.

"You?re making the choices about whether you want to drive a little extra more or not drive extra more."
29-Jul-2008