H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 12-08-2005, 07:57 PM
Hummer Veteran

boomer is an unknown quantity at this point

i had simular problem with a wrangler with about 10000 miles, wanted to rebuild head. i told them i didnt shell out $27000 to have head rebuilt at 10000 miles. they said thats what 5 star told them they had to do.i called cunsumer affairs in detroit explained situation within 48 hours had new head put in. i would not let them rebuild anything on a truck that new. remeber squieky wheel gets the oil
my h3 should be here next week black luz ebony and marrocco chrome pac chrome wheels sun roof rear dvds mud flaps xm
Old 12-08-2005, 07:58 PM
Hummer Guru

bparker is an unknown quantity at this point

I have yet to hear about 1 head going bad (IE Warping). Recall? No way..

The lil 5 cyl enigine is "known" to be a great long lasting engine.

Will one or more break? Ugh, ya of course some will but I think the majority of them out there are running just great.

I hope it all works out for ya and if not remember you can always buy an electric car or a cammel..
Old 12-08-2005, 08:03 PM

Modley is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NEOCON1:
this many vehicles ? you said you heard of two besides yours thats not many </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please read from the original post.

"That was Sat I called today to check and see the status and found out the now have 5 with this problem."
Old 12-08-2005, 08:07 PM

Modley is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:
I am a little confused or you are. The title AND you stated in your opening post that the head had to be replaced. Yet you followed that up with the fact that you are waiting because "He told me that the head has to go into a machine shop to get worked when they get the parts." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He said and I quote"The new head will go to a machine shop to be worked" He was speaking of the new head. He said "The new parts (e.g. valves) do not fit perfectly together and must be fitted to to the place that they seat.

Geez you guys sure defend you H3's
Old 12-08-2005, 08:09 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

Six or seven in one dealership is one thing I have a hard time believing.
So, you are saying they are getting a bare cylinder head and they have to lap the valves to the head. However, if GM wanted this back for inspection, they would require the entire head with the valves, and which time they would send out another full head assembly. (Partsguy might jump in and straighten me out, just in case they don't offer a full head assembly; I will check tomorrow just out of curiosity).
If the tech who is working on the engine cannot lap the valves to the cylinder head, then you have a right to be worried. Installing the valves, keepers, springs, etc. are very easy, and the dealer has all the right tools in their tool kit. (Special tools they paid for from Kent-Moore.)
Would hope they are not out muddin' but for a dealer to make these statements make me think the dealer is full of poopie (that's a politically correct word for **** ).
As for miles on vehicles and repairs, you appear to have been very lucky over the years.
In the past ten years, I have had the following experiences with cars:
1995 SSEi - Updated Calibration
1996 SSEi - Nothing
1997 Jeep - Exhaust manifold, ignition coil, cylinder head, timing chain, all withing 12K, then nothing for another 20+K. Guess the dealer finally got it right.
1998 SSEi - Recalibration and new floor mats
1998 Cadillac Caterra - Nothing big, but in one year, 14 trips (half towed) to the dealer
1999 Corvette - Nothing until I took it apart and modified it, which I'm still doing.
1999 GTP - Nothing
2001 GTP - Head up display replaced
2003 Corvette - Three trips to dealer (one was for a broken ignition key ring attachment)
2003 Jeep Wrangler - Spark plug, exhaust manifold.

I guess what I'm saying is that some cars break, some don't.

Yes, we do defend the H3, but look at this logically. Your first post is full of ambiguous and far fetech statements, and again, your last sentence makes you appear to be a troll.
I understand there are people out there who actually believe what a service person says, but for many of us, we believe half of what they say and ignore the other half.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:09 PM

Modley is off the scale

Now as far as your Prius/Electric/Camel comment's. You can shove those flamer so called vehicles right up u know where.

Man u guys r a**holes.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:14 PM

Modley is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by f5fstop:
Six or seven in one dealership is one thing I have a hard time believing.
So, you are saying they are getting a bare cylinder head and they have to lap the valves to the head. However, if GM wanted this back for inspection, they would require the entire head with the valves, and which time they would send out another full head assembly. (Partsguy might jump in and straighten me out, just in case they don't offer a full head assembly; I will check tomorrow just out of curiosity).
If the tech who is working on the engine cannot lap the valves to the cylinder head, then you have a right to be worried. Installing the valves, keepers, springs, etc. are very easy, and the dealer has all the right tools in their tool kit. (Special tools they paid for from Kent-Moore.)
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you guys read my typing

"He said he could do it in house but he has hired a local machine shop to do it because "they do it every day". Or maybe it's because they have 5 of them. I don't know."
Old 12-08-2005, 08:15 PM
Banned

HIHUMMER is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Man u guys r a**holes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

NANA NANA NANA....u guys r a**holes!!
Old 12-08-2005, 08:19 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Modley:
Now as far as your Prius/Electric/Camel comment's. You can shove those flamer so called vehicles right up u know where.

Man u guys r a**holes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why thank you very much. Then again, you are not the first to call me that, and I would bet a year's salary, you won't be the last.
Have a great day....Goodbye, I know when I'm not wanted.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:21 PM

Modley is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DarthKarl:
My diagnosis: Troll Boy </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yea that's it I randomly go and post stuff just to annoy you guys.

I have a life.

I just went online to see if anyone else was having the same issue and up jumps a bunch of closed ear people.

I really jope there's not a big problem with them. Maybee it's just a batch that my dealer got. Probably not since the dealer said that he is working with TAC or some kind of tech support people at GM and they are seeing the same thing.

Does any one here work at a dealer. If so go ask you service guy to call GM and see if they are experienceing this problem or is my dealer lying to me.

That will solve it.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:23 PM

Modley is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HIHUMMER:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Man u guys r a**holes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

NANA NANA NANA....u guys r a**holes!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You were included. Geez
Old 12-08-2005, 08:25 PM
Hummer Expert

DarthKarl is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Modley:
Do you guys read my typing </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Read my typing:

Troll

1. verb,noun: To utter a posting on Usenet designed to attract predictable responses or flames; or, the post itself. Derives from the phrase “trolling for newbies” which in turn comes from mainstream “trolling”, a style of fishing in which one trails bait through a likely spot hoping for a bite.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:27 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

I CALL BS! Prove me wrong. What dealer? What service writer?
Old 12-08-2005, 08:28 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:
I am a little confused or you are. The title AND you stated in your opening post that the head had to be replaced. Yet you followed that up with the fact that you are waiting because "He told me that the head has to go into a machine shop to get worked when they get the parts." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He said and I quote"The new head will go to a machine shop to be worked" He was speaking of the new head. He said "The new parts (e.g. valves) do not fit perfectly together and must be fitted to to the place that they seat.

Geez you guys sure defend you H3's </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I don't have a H3. I defend common sense and intelligence.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:30 PM

Modley is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DarthKarl:

Read my typing:

Troll

1. verb,noun: To utter a posting on Usenet designed to attract predictable responses or flames; or, the post itself. Derives from the phrase “trolling for newbies” which in turn comes from mainstream “trolling”, a style of fishing in which one trails bait through a likely spot hoping for a bite. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Look I did not come here looking to elicit a negative response I came here to ask

HAS ANY ONE ELSE HAD THIS PROBLEM?

It seems to be no.

Thanks for you hospitality. Jacka**es
Old 12-08-2005, 08:31 PM
Hummer Guru

Read my typing:

Troll

1. verb,noun: To utter a posting on Usenet designed to attract predictable responses or flames; or, the post itself. Derives from the phrase “trolling for newbies” which in turn comes from mainstream “trolling”, a style of fishing in which one trails bait through a likely spot hoping for a bite. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Look I did not come here looking to elicit a negative response I came here to ask

HAS ANY ONE ELSE HAD THIS PROBLEM?

It seems to be no.

Thanks for you hospitality. Jacka**es </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Old 12-08-2005, 08:33 PM

Modley is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timgco:
I CALL BS! Prove me wrong. What dealer? What service writer? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I tell you what I will PM you with the dealer info. You can call them and ask.

Does that sound fair?
Old 12-08-2005, 08:34 PM
Hummer Guru

Old 12-08-2005, 08:44 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timgco:
I CALL BS! Prove me wrong. What dealer? What service writer? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I tell you what I will PM you with the dealer info. You can call them and ask.

Does that sound fair? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Hey Jason, will you PM me too?
Old 12-08-2005, 08:48 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

Just go ahead and PM Paragon.