H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 12-13-2005, 06:47 PM

hyperion78 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bparker:
I started to laugh when you posted this as i agree as well - however - if you think about it, you must give the origional H2 drivers alot of respect due to the fact of HOW MUCH $HIT they had to put up with. I mean; media, friends, know it alls, tree huggers and not to mention vandalism!

Those guys over the past years have really had to grow some thick skin to have the bawls to continue to post in a public area. So its no surprise to see them be a little jumpy. Look at what they have been through....

Also, look at the H3s. We are getting off easy. I mean we werent sure if we would catch hell; but honsetly I feel as if the H3 has changed alot of minds from Hummer Haters to Maybe a Future Hummer Driver....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hyperion78:
....there are a few people that do seem to over top really quickly, but from what I noticed it's not normally the H3 drivers to go off first. No offense to the H2 guys, just an observation. Just a different midset for the two groups, or maybe they just need a hug :-P </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like I said all they need is a hug. HIhummer can help with that.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:43 AM
Banned

R2 is off the scale

This sucks, I hope my H3 is ok
Old 12-15-2005, 01:04 AM
Hummer Veteran

BigBill is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NEOCON1:
this many vehicles ? you said you heard of two besides yours thats not many </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Give the guy a break!

Let's focus on the real issue - is there a problem with the engine overheating causing a seal break in the head?

2 vehicles? Yes I realize the numbers aren't a lot, but on a new vehicle, I would think that having 2 occurrences of the same issue might warrant an investigation.

Just my .02!

Bill
Old 12-15-2005, 02:00 AM
Hummer Guru

NEOCON1 is an unknown quantity at this point

tell your dealer you want another one so we can stop kickin this dead horse and send ~ some free crap
* Rollin with the Banned and the Damned *

"Fred Thompson for President "
Old 12-15-2005, 05:37 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Modley:
I wish I had never bought my H3. I shoulda known better. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This isn't venting. That's being a pissant troll. GFY!!
Old 01-05-2007, 12:38 AM
Hummer Veteran

dchou1107 is off the scale
Default Re: Has anyone else had to have the entire head replaced? I smell recall.

My h3 has been at the dealer for 2 days already cause they are replacing my cylinder head. I am under the impression that I will not have the H3 back for a few more days. How long does it take? and is it a serious problem where I should be thinking about selling the car. I currently have 34K miles on it
Old 01-05-2007, 12:47 AM
Hummer Guru

Hmmm2 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Has anyone else had to have the entire head replaced? I smell recall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchou1107
My h3 has been at the dealer for 2 days already cause they are replacing my cylinder head. I am under the impression that I will not have the H3 back for a few more days. How long does it take? and is it a serious problem where I should be thinking about selling the car. I currently have 34K miles on it
I had the cylinder head replaced somewheres around 10,000 miles (if I recall) ..and it took a few days because they had to get parts. I have 19,000 on it now and don't have any problems with that part of the vehicle. I think quite a few here have had that problem, but I haven't heard of anyone having recurring engine problems afterwards.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:45 AM
Hummer Veteran

H3chicky is on a distinguished road

Just got mine back today from having the head replaced. I have almost 28,000 miles on it. I will keep you updated on how it runs.

Barb
Old 01-06-2007, 03:08 AM
Hummer Professional

Dani is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchou1107

When I had this problem with my H3- it took the dealer about 4 days to get it back to me.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:16 PM
Hummer Veteran

boomer is an unknown quantity at this point

just got back from dealer with check engine light, 45% leakbuy in #1 cyl. i was told they have replaced lots of heads for same reason,soft spot in cast by #1 cyl.also for what its worth, gm has been giving extended warr. out to those with problem if you ask and keep on them
Old 01-29-2007, 05:48 PM
Steve - SanJose

Interesting that these head problems are showing up on H3's with higher mileage (over 10, 20, 30K miles). I thought the relatively rare problem would show up earlier.
Old 01-31-2007, 03:09 AM
Hummer Veteran

Av1ator is off the scale

2 heads in the last year and a half for me. First round 12,000 second round 37,000. Warrenty about to expire.. I gotta get rid of this thing.
IN the shop about 3 months total in the last year and a half.
Old 01-31-2007, 03:27 AM
Steve - SanJose

I was at the dealer today and the service writer was explaining to a customer the problem and need for head replacement. Not good, but at least that was under warranty.
Old 01-31-2007, 03:52 AM
Hummer Guru

Sewie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av1ator
2 heads in the last year and a half for me. First round 12,000 second round 37,000. Warrenty about to expire.. I gotta get rid of this thing.
IN the shop about 3 months total in the last year and a half.

If that's true, then contact Hummer and demand they upgrade your warranty to 100K miles.

Old 01-31-2007, 03:29 PM
Hummer Veteran

Av1ator is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewie
If that's true, then contact Hummer and demand they upgrade your warranty to 100K miles.

It is true I don't make this stuff up. You can review my thread My H3 is Broken which describes what I went through my first head change. Now it has been in the shop for more than two weeks and they say it is going to be another week or so while they get the parts.

So exactly who do I make this demand to upgrade my warranty to??
Have they done this for anyone else? I have been thinking I will trade it for an 07 and get the 100K warrenty IF the dealer will make the deal sweet enough. The salesman says he will let me have it at his invoice but I am not so sure that is a good deal.

Thanks for any help anyone can give me.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:11 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av1ator
So exactly who do I make this demand to upgrade my warranty to?? Have they done this for anyone else?

Call Customer Assistance at 1-866-HUMMER6 and open a case. Demand was probably the wrong word to use. But explain what problems you've had and what you have been through. Then ask them to upgrade your warranty. Obviously, there's no guarantee they'll give you anything. They may just offer GMPP or service vouchers, or just extend the warranty on the parts that have failed. And yes, some of us have been compensated in some way when we had major recurring problems.

Old 02-01-2007, 12:32 AM
Hummer Novice

n5bxp is on a distinguished road

The truth is that GM shipped the H3's with a defective head. All H3's made before 4/1/06 have heads that are defective. After that date, the H3 was built with new heads.

Mine was made in March 06. I bought it April 29 06.This means that mine was made, and was sold, with GM knowing that it has a head that has a fairly good chance of developing a problem. If I had known about the problem I would have delayed the purchase for a month. I am very upset with this.

I took the truck to Colorado in September, ran several 4x4 roads, a 3000 mile round trip. I am not sure I would do this again, and risk the problem developing a long way from home, and then have to deal with a week long repair a long way from home. This is a vehicle disabling problem.

To ad insult to injury, the 07 H3, which does not have a defective head, has a 100,000 mile warranty.

Everyone with a vehicle made before 4/1/06 should complain to Hummer, and GM. This was sold as a premier brand, and we should not have been treated like this.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:50 AM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by n5bxp
The truth is that GM shipped the H3's with a defective head. All H3's made before 4/1/06 have heads that are defective. After that date, the H3 was built with new heads.

Mine was made in March 06. I bought it April 29 06.This means that mine was made, and was sold, with GM knowing that it has a head that has a fairly good chance of developing a problem. If I had known about the problem I would have delayed the purchase for a month. I am very upset with this.

I took the truck to Colorado in September, ran several 4x4 roads, a 3000 mile round trip. I am not sure I would do this again, and risk the problem developing a long way from home, and then have to deal with a week long repair a long way from home. This is a vehicle disabling problem.

To ad insult to injury, the 07 H3, which does not have a defective head, has a 100,000 mile warranty.

Everyone with a vehicle made before 4/1/06 should complain to Hummer, and GM. This was sold as a premier brand, and we should not have been treated like this.

Back the fawk up there sparky. Why don't you try reading through the rest of this thread, and the other threads about this issue before you chase down GM with torches and pitchforks.

My truck, as well as many of the H3's I wheel with were built in '05. To my knowledge, none of them have had the cylinder head problem. Hell, I've never even had a check engine light (probably just jinxed myself so FU in advance). If "all H3's" built over a period of almost a year had a defective cylinder head don't you think there'd be more people on here complaining about it. We'd probably also be seeing a recall. Did you get your notice? Didn't think so.

Old 02-01-2007, 12:51 AM
Hummer Veteran

H3Eric is off the scale

My engine light just came on and the head needs to be replaced. To concur with the previous poster I bought my H3 when it just came out so probably made before te date mentioned in previous post. The dealer ship recognized the problem and is taking care of it without any issues. without making any advertisement here I love getting good service from a good dealership.

Thanks,
Eric
Old 02-01-2007, 12:53 AM
Hummer Veteran

H3Eric is off the scale

Just to be funny, it is the head of the H3 not mine

Eric