H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 10-21-2007, 05:32 PM
Hummer Veteran

BigBlue is on a distinguished road
Angry 2008 SUT with major problems!

Well... I wanted to post all of the pics and mods done in the last few weeks since I picked up my new 2008 SUT Adventure series. Unfortunately, shes spent more time at the dealer than the garage!
I picked up on Wednesday, two weeks ago (3 miles on the odometer) - on driving out of the dealership (Reeves Hummer in Tampa) I noticed a strange sound at 2500 to 3000 rpm. Thinking that maybe I just needed to give it a little bit to break-in. Acceleration was incredible, ride was smooth, quiet. Felt like it was shifting a little hard, but it had been 8 weeks since I test drove one (as I was forced to order my SUT since I did not want Nav).

That friday, I drove from Clearwater to Orlando and back for work - what an incredible ride on the highway! (300 miles on OD)

Drove around all weekend, enjoyed it. Wife asks me why it feels like it's shuddering at idle? Hmmm... She's right (won't admit that again). Again, I don't know if that's normal or not.

Monday, had to go back to Orlando. As I pull off I-4 and come to a stop, the DIC starts diging at me and flashes a message about the transmission, which is gone before I can read what it said. Engine light comes on. As I pull away from the stop sign, engine won't come out of first gear! I think to myself, "well, isn't this just wonderful?" (513 miles)

As I find a spot to park, more warnings start to ding out at me from the DIC. Now, almost every warning light is lit up on the dash. The speedo is flickering between 0 and 120. I hit the magic OnStar button which is flashing red at me, and they tell me to "turn of the vehicle and turn it back on" . So I do, and it comes back with only the Engine warning light. I decide to go to work, and check back with it later in the day.

6:00pm Monday - As I walk up to the truck, I hit my auto start (love that thing) and get no response. I get in, start it up, and every light is back on with Airbag Warning flashing in the DIC. I call my dealer, sales manager, Service manager, and Onstar. Needless to say, there's no fixing it there so I'll need a tow.

9:00pm Monday - still only 513 miles as Onstar has arranged towing to take the truck and I to the dealership in Tampa. (That was a LONG ride) The sales manager arranged a 2006 SUT as a loaner and left it with security who also watched my truck all night.

Tuesday afternoon - Call from service - "We think it's a bad Airbag sensor, which is backfeeding into the computer. But we have to order the part from detroit, since they're all VIN specific. So it'll be done tomorrow." Whatever.

Wednesday afternoon - I call service - "Oh it turns out it was the Body Control Module. That's probably why you felt the shuddering. It should be done tomorrow." Ok... whatever you say...

Thursday afternoon - I call service - "It'll be ready at 4:00 - 5:00." WOOHOO! I call my sales guy, who tells me HE drove it to make sure it "felt right"???!! He tells me that it feels "kinda heavy, but that's probably because of the wheels" (since day one, I have had my 24's on!)

I get to the dealer at 6:00 and find my SUT parked in the front of the dealer like it's for sale, and as I look inside, the passenger seat is all leaned back. I start it up, odometer is at 596 miles! WTF???!!! Having been in Orlando (yet again) all day, I wasn't ready to fight this one yet.

As I drive away from the dealer, yet again, I hear the same whine at 2500 to 3000! Damnit!
Idle shuddering is gone though - so we'll work on the whine another day.
As I pull around the corner, I hit the gas to pull around someone and hear "POP"! Like a backfire sound. I immediately call the dealer, and relay what's going on, and get told "oh that's probably just the module adjusting... give it a few days and see how it does. All of our service people have gone home anyway." ...yeah... OK.

Saturday (yesterday) - Got full nav and electronics package put in with integrated radar, Bluetooth... everything. AVIC-Z2 with every module available. (more on that later)

Today - Got up early to play with new installed toys! I back out of the garage, to let sattelites do what they do. As I'm sitting there, pairing my phone, calling XM to change radio ID's, the shuddering gets a little more noticeable and the engine warning light comes on. One minute later... You got it... The whole dash lights up, and I'm stuck in first gear... yet again.

So of course, at 627 miles, I will call OnStar in the morning yet again, and have them tow me back to the frigging dealer, yet again, and spend the better part of my day trying to get a loaner and RANT loud enough to get them to get this fixed properly.

As much as this was therapuetic, does anyone have any suggestions, or similar experiences? I'm feeling a little let down in the Hummer brand.

Adam
Black/Black/Black 24" Mazzi Hulk Wheels, Custom Powdercoated Tire Carrier Eliminator and Fuel Door, AVIC-f90BT and every add-on available, SWI and Onstar interface. SR7/ZR3 Radar Defense System. Amp Research/Bestop Powersteps. Llumar 5% Tint. Heads-Up display.
Old 10-21-2007, 05:43 PM
Hummer Professional

H2R is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 2008 SUT with major problems!

Man I would rather play chinese checkers than to solve those issues!
I have never had such problems with both of mine and actually to tell the truth I have only had one issue with the BCM and thats it. I haven't had a problem since... I LOVE MY RIG's
1974 Corvette conv. (454ci)
31ft Gulf Craft Boat
Old 10-21-2007, 06:25 PM
Hummer Professional

Mark805 is off the scale

I know this isn't going to help too much but... When I bought my H3 back in Sept of 05 it had alot of issues as well. All were narrowed down to the BCM. They replaced it and as luck would have it they replaced it with another defective BCM.

I remember getting all kinds of stupid excuses as the BCM was over looked each time (And it wasn't from my suggestions.. I even brought print outs from this forum)

I ended up escalating the issue with Hummer customer service and they took over. (and got a nice perk of 5 years free oil on the rig for my troubles)

So I guess what i am suggesting is to call Hummer and get them involved. You could be the first of many to have some wierd issue that needs attention.

Good luck on this and keep us posted!

Dear GM: PLEASE SELL ME AN HX
Old 10-21-2007, 07:31 PM
Hummer Professional

dkhummerh2 is on a distinguished road

I feel for you man. I would say that they will need to compensate you for your troubles. Don't give in, make them kiss your ass. After all....you paid for it!
dk
Old 10-21-2007, 08:50 PM
Hummer Veteran

UPDATE: Dealership called me and is sending their on call service tech to the dealer and dispatching towing today. That's a start.

Paid for... and keep paying for...
Black/Black/Black 24" Mazzi Hulk Wheels, Custom Powdercoated Tire Carrier Eliminator and Fuel Door, AVIC-f90BT and every add-on available, SWI and Onstar interface. SR7/ZR3 Radar Defense System. Amp Research/Bestop Powersteps. Llumar 5% Tint. Heads-Up display.
Old 10-21-2007, 09:05 PM
Hummer Veteran

And in case anyone was interested... Here's the love...

Old 10-21-2007, 09:14 PM
Hummer Guru

ROX is an unknown quantity at this point

Send it back. Have them get you a new one.
Old 10-21-2007, 09:57 PM
Hummer Professional

dkhummerh2 is on a distinguished road

How deep is the lip on those wheels? Looks pretty cool!
That would suck if they buy it back and give you another, after all the aftermarkets have already been added.
dk
Old 10-21-2007, 10:26 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkhummerh2
How deep is the lip on those wheels? Looks pretty cool!
That would suck if they buy it back and give you another, after all the aftermarkets have already been added.
dk

Oh believe me... They'd pay for it!
Old 10-21-2007, 10:32 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

"Tactical Edition"??? Ghey.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:25 PM
Hummer Veteran

Takecover is on a distinguished road

Man, this sounds just like me when we bought our new Corvette, takes the fun out of buying a new vehicle.... We made 8 trips to the dealer in the first 1200 miles....one was a tow-in with a locked steering column. Your's may have been built on a Monday morning like my Vette was. Best of luck to you.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:25 AM
Hummer Expert

MONSTERMATT is an unknown quantity at this point

LEMON
Old 10-22-2007, 01:44 AM
Hummer Authority

tomp is an unknown quantity at this point

"Lemon Edition"
Old 10-22-2007, 02:26 AM
Hummer Veteran

blackhawk29 is on a distinguished road

i am on my second 08' both of them have idle shudder, the second one has a strange driveline / trans vibration when in overdrive and under load. i knew i should have waited until o9 or 10 for them to get the bugs out.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:31 AM
Hummer Veteran

blackhawk29 is on a distinguished road

oh, also forgot, my remote start rarely works properly unless i am within 20' of the vehicle. after programming the "approach lighting" to activate, it does not work properly, my first 08 activated all of the exterior lighting including headlamps, the second one only turn on the drl's after calling hummer, they did not even know what "approach lighting" was?
Old 10-22-2007, 02:52 AM
Banned

tower is an unknown quantity at this point

WTF is Tactical Edition? That's probably the problem. Pop that badge off and it will probably run as well as mine does without one!
Old 10-22-2007, 12:56 PM
Hummer Authority

TXSUT is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by tower
WTF is Tactical Edition? That's probably the problem. Pop that badge off and it will probably run as well as mine does without one!

I was thinking it was those wheels and tires, but you may be on to something.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:41 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tower

Tactical edition is available as a dealer option for both H2 and H3. For H2 it includes the blacked out roof lighting, color matched wheels (I think available in Black, Red, and Grey?), 110v inverter outlet in addition to the air port and 12v outlet, and locking safe in center console. I read about it somewhere for the H3, told my dealer I'd like it for the H2 who looked at me like I was crazy, but found the parts package available after I ordered it. Could be dealer BS though. I like it, that's all that matters.

I was thinking about taking all the badging off.

UPDATE: Onstar dispatched a tech from another dealership (Dew Hummer, Pinellas) to my house yesterday, in addition to a tow. He drove me back to his dealership, gave me a loaner, and set it up for service first thing this morning.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:14 PM
Hummer Expert

MDimitri is an unknown quantity at this point

One good decision you made was joining this forum group, you'll get all the info you'll ever need for your truck, and thats about when your thread goes into the toilet, welcome and enjoy your stay!!

Old 10-22-2007, 03:55 PM
Hummer Guru

Agriv8r is an unknown quantity at this point

KEEP US UDATED, SORRY ABOUT THE PROBLEMS....