H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 02-28-2009, 08:14 PM
Elcova Newbie

dingleb is on a distinguished road
Default newbe questions

hey guys,
how are you all. well i`m a newbe to this fourm. just so much good info on this site so i`ll start with my questions. i`m looking to buy a used h2 sut. so as you guys are the experts i`ll ask you. i`m just wondering what i should look for and watch out for. i`m looking at a black one here in my area. it has 49000 miles on it. there asking 23800 for it. would you guys look for something with less miles? as it looks like hummer is going away i`m wondering if i should just wait as prices might come down. i`m looking forward to becoming a hummer owner. any help or advise you guys could give would be most helpful. i look forward to spending alot of time on this site.
thanks,
dave
Old 02-28-2009, 09:05 PM
Hummer Professional

s_c5519 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: newbe questions

Well, I say the mileage all depends on your comfort level, what you think is a lot of miles.., and your wallet of course. I saw an ad for an H2 last week, it said "only 72,000 miles"..., I get nervous when my vehicle approaches 15,000 miles...

I have been in '03 and '04 H2's with about 25k miles and they were both rattle traps. The newer ones, 05 and up I found aren't as bad, I htink the Lux package might have to do something with that too, it has some kind of interior upgrade... Now of course it all depends on your own rattle level too, I've been in cars that are ready to fall apart and the owners have no clue, just drive around whistling like nothings going on and I am shaking and sweating profusely....

I have read on here that the used prices at some Hummer dealers have gone up overnight since the scare of the H2 demise. My guess would be the prices will not go down if and when they really shut down. I would think they would level off and maybe even go up in some cases. I mean you will still find a ton of used high milage 03's around but where are you gonna replace a 1-3k mile 09 when they aint makin them any more... I think those people will hold all the bargaining power... heck it's even tough to find a brand new 09 now at a dealer...

As to whether or not the 49k mile, $23,800 you are looking at is a good deal or not, you didn't sepcify what year it is. If an 03 probably not, an 09 I would say ok...

Last edited by s_c5519 : 02-28-2009 at 09:19 PM.
Old 03-01-2009, 04:24 AM
Elcova Newbie

dingleb is on a distinguished road

well the one i was looking at is a 05 sut . so maybe i will go look at it
Old 03-01-2009, 03:14 PM
Hummer Expert

HummerMann is on a distinguished road

First of all, I would get the VIN and obtain a CARFAX online. Look it over well for dents in the skid plate and signs of hard use. Look at how worn the hitch looks, as if it's done a lot of towing. Ask for the maintenance records. Take it for a test drive and activate EVERY CONTROL, then hire a mechanic to look at it. I haven't bought many used cars except for my boys, but every time I've hired a mechanic, and what he found enabled me to lower the price of the vehicle to pay for his services (and then some).

Hummer, like nothing else
Old 03-01-2009, 07:04 PM
Hummer Professional

s_c5519 is on a distinguished road

well it seems like this article differs with me on the values on the 09's (see last paragraph "Is now the time to buy a doomed brand"... Some other good reading in there too...

http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/auto...Dead-Now-What-
Old 03-15-2009, 06:37 PM
Hummer Veteran

vandy0090 is on a distinguished road

get under it and look at the rear air bags. i know ive had the prob. and ive seen it alot on here.. they dry rot and leak... not hard to fix, not expensive if u can do it your self.. but it is annoying coming out and seeing your new truck sittin all retarded in the drive way