H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 12-25-2003, 12:57 AM

Big time water leak under driver carpet. Carpet and padding are saturated last two rainfalls. Not sure if coming in from side near sill or under frame (more likely?) Defintely not dripping from above. Any others have this experience. Will bring to dealer next week.
Old 12-25-2003, 12:57 AM

Big time water leak under driver carpet. Carpet and padding are saturated last two rainfalls. Not sure if coming in from side near sill or under frame (more likely?) Defintely not dripping from above. Any others have this experience. Will bring to dealer next week.
Old 12-25-2003, 01:50 AM

SONA is off the scale

It is most likely from blocked drain tubes that drain water from your sun roof. We had the same problem. Dealer kept it for a day and fixed it. We actually had water coming out of the suicide handles screw inserts on the window shield posts, dripped down onto the carpet and that is how we noticed, it was wet. Reached up and grabbed the handle and noticed a water drip sneak out. Other people on here have had this problem. The drain tube apparently snakes down inside the windowshield post and drains out under the car. Little bits of stuff get caught in it somewhere down the tube and it clogs... hope this helps.

"Life is tough... tougher if you’re stupid." "Just think, right now, all over the world there are people exercising bad judgment. Somebody, right this minute, is probably making the mistake of his life
\"Life is tough... tougher if you’re stupid.\" \"Just think, right now, all over the world there are people exercising bad judgment. Somebody, right this minute, is probably making the mistake of his life
Old 12-29-2003, 02:04 PM

Perry is off the scale

Has this happened to many people? Can you prevent it at all??
Old 12-29-2003, 08:10 PM

A Bren is off the scale

I had a water leak problem with my 2004. It was the grommet in the driver's side door that was not sealed. Dealer sealed the grommet and replaced all of the carpet and padding. I did not even request this!

I believe that this is a problem that they are aware of. I received a call from a marketing company on behalf of Hummer to make sure I was satified with my purchase. The person on the phone asked me three times if I had any water leaking issues. At the time of the call, I had the H2 for 30 days. It had not sat outside, been washed, or driven much. Therefore my relpy was, "No." A week later, I left it outside during a rain. I got in and water was flowing out of the drivers side.

All being said, I truly believe they know there is a problem.
Old 12-29-2003, 08:47 PM

Frank Hewitt is off the scale

ABren,

I don't find your leakage problem the least but funny. But for we '03 owners who have read our share of folks who insisted on buying an '04 instead of an '03 due to the (primarily early-run '03) issues.---- it is pretty ironic.
That's cool that your dealer replaced the whole carpet without your asking the to do so, but that's only right. I have not heard of any other '04 issues, but with the good ol' general pumping them out in mass quantities-- as they are known all too well for-- it's bound to produce a quality issue here and there.
I've had no leakage other than when I went "a bit" too deap in a river and got some water in the front driver's side that pushed past the door-seals. (my fault entirely-- it wasn't on purpose!) But from what I've read here over the last 11 months or so, I would certainly be learly of the sunroof or front running-lights as the culprit. I suppose that if the roof has to leak you would only hope that it would run down the inside of the pillars rather than into the dash/electrical system.
Welcome to the site!!! Enjoy your ride, and I hope it stays dry.

gasman
Old 12-29-2003, 10:04 PM

thanks for your opinion.... why don't you stop plugging up genuine threads with your useless additions? Hard to break a habit?

gasman
Old 12-29-2003, 10:25 PM

A Bren is off the scale

The dealer here said the same thing about the sunroof drain. Although I did not ask if this was a common problem, they did not offer anymore information.
Old 12-29-2003, 10:27 PM

I never said that the majority of folks here are early-run H2 owners. I can only recommend hooked on phonics.
It kills me that you comment that "this is a forum and expressing one's thoughts is entirely appropriate". All I was doing was expressing my thoughts with good intensions. You have issues, bro. Ever considered therapy?

gasman
Old 12-29-2003, 10:40 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

Frank(Look at me! Love me! Like me!),

You've rubbed us the wrong way(Personally, I like it counter-clockwise). Why do you persist on giving useless comments and advice when you're not even an H2 owner? That's denial. At least come clean and be honest like Shaggy. We all know you drive a bitchin Wrangler with $10k mods.

Don't ever e-mail me(spammed now) with your stupid Heep photos and try and pass off here as an H2 owner. Loser.

"Skull and Bones" Member Since 2003

My Video Collectionez

Old 12-29-2003, 10:48 PM
Hummer Authority

ShaggyX is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, I have been accused of a lot of things in my day...but being honest is not one of them.
Old 12-29-2003, 10:50 PM

Please don't flatter yourself that you've ever been emailed by me. Although I come to this site for information and some amusement, any personal email to you would be a blatant waste of time, ey!! Now that you mention it, perhaps your user-name should be "spam". It would appropriately define your posts; some canadian dork who thinks people care what he thinks.

gasman
Old 12-29-2003, 11:07 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Frank Hewitt:
I don't find your leakage problem the least but funny. But for we '03 owners who have read our share of folks who insisted on buying an '04 instead of an '03 due to the (primarily early-run '03) issues.---- it is pretty ironic.
SAY WHAT?

I have not heard of any other '04 issues, but with the good ol' general pumping them out in mass quantities-- as they are known all too well for-- it's bound to produce a quality issue here and there.
I've had no leakage other than when I went "a bit" too deap in a river and got some water in the front driver's side that pushed past the door-seals. (my fault entirely-- it wasn't on purpose!)Really, Frankie?

But from what I've read here over the last 11 months or so, I would certainly be learly of the sunroof or front running-lights as the culprit. I suppose that if the roof has to leak you would only hope that it would run down the inside of the pillars rather than into the dash/electrical system.
Welcome to the site!!! Enjoy your ride, and I hope it stays dry.

gasman<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're a friggin' wealth of information, aren't you fartman? Instead of self-centerdly interjecting yourself into the answer by saying that you've been reading here for the last 11 months and that you, oh Glorious YOU, has the answer, why not simply say that the problem is most likely the sunroof drain tube or leaky running lamps?

And what's "leary"? I couldn't find it in the dictionary. Is that another spelling for Italian money?

S&B Member since '03
Old 12-30-2003, 12:37 AM

Gosh, I'm glad to have such a font of information provided by the ass-clown. No more spell-check for me... no sir, I've got ass-clown check. Get a life, gump.

gasman
Old 12-30-2003, 05:48 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Francis, Francis, Francis... I bet you're wearing your WWE Chris Jericho Ass Clown t-shirt, aren't you? Are you wearing your Triple H jammies, too?
I heard you were really a patheticly weak turd in the chat room tonight. What happened? Not used to people giving back the same or better than you dished out? You now hold the record for the quickest fold-up. Make sure to display your trophy proudly.

You must be French.

S&B Member since '03
Attached Images