Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Sponsors' Forums > HUMMER Dealers

Old 11-27-2003, 02:38 AM

Born again is off the scale

I sure wish I had known about this forum before I cut my deal on an H2 in central New Jersey. I thought I had a good deal when I negotiated an '04 Lux H2 with sunroof and Navigation for $51,100 on a $57,740 MSRP. After I added some modest accessories, I was shocked at the mark-up. $3200 for a 3 screen DVD entertainment system; $1500 for the SMA tire carrier, $2700 for five factory chromed wheels; $1400 for the wraparound grille guard; $299 for the tail lamp protectors; $500 for the third seat; $599 for the billet fuel door...and so on. I was so disgusted that I was ready to chuck the whole deal. I did a search on the web and found a couple of H2 accessory sites and when I saw the real prices for some of these accessories, I called the dealer back and said if I didn't get at least the going web prices, I would shop somewhere else. The dealer quickly came down to the lower prices (which I still thought were borderline robbery): $2300 for a 3 headrest screen dvd system, $700 for the tire carrier; 545 for the grille guard; $145 for the taillamp protectors. I couldn't find a good price for the chromed wheels on the web. That was before I knew about this forum, so the best I could do on the wheels was $1,600 for 5. I knew I wanted my H2 so bad that I put a deposit down and told them to get the vehicle ready. It's now two more days till delivery and they cashed my deposit check already. I'm holding the certified check for the balance until delivery but I know I could have saved more if I had visited this forum first. The Edmunds site told me that $56,600 was the going rate in my area for the base H2 with the Lux package and Navigation before the accessories so I thought my $51,100 was a good deal. Oh well. I learned a lesson and I will be looking to this forum for more education and enlightenment in the future. The dealers seem to be making a killing on these rigs in my area. I encourage folks to visit this forum often so that there won't be more "victims". Thanks for all the info. God bless all!
Old 11-27-2003, 05:25 AM

H2 Daddy is off the scale

Born
Welcome to our community. I am glad you checked out the web prices on aftermarket parts. You saved two grand on the tire carrier alone. Doesn't it just piss you off that the dealer was trying to gouge you that deep? I know we will probably here from Jambo on this but this is why most people hate car dealerships. Sure dealerships deserve to make a profit, but $5000 on just the aftermarket items besides the $5000 or so they make on the H2 itself. This does not even consider the several thousand dollars they try to screw you out of on your trade. Let's assign $5000 to that number. Total that is $15,000 they TRY to take from your pocket. It's just despicable.
Old 11-27-2003, 06:30 AM

Right H2 Daddy! I don't mind paying a reasonable profit margin so someone can feed their children, but I have a serious concern for someone trying to make me contribute to the dealer/owner's Holiday bonus! Oh well, all the more reason to stay bookmarked to this forum. Thanks for the feedback.
Old 11-27-2003, 08:40 PM

Centerfire is off the scale

I guess you can look at it another way.. THey are installing all the stuff and will be covered under your warranty from the dealer...
Now you just have to decide what it is worth.. I can do it myself..so I wouldn't pay it.. Others can not do it.. and having the dealer or aftermarter do it for them...
You just have to decide for yourself is it is worth it.. Not sure about your state, however in Indiana, you could still back out of the deal..

Mike
Old 12-04-2003, 03:47 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

"Born again" as in superstit.... errr... super religious?
Old 12-05-2003, 12:29 AM

DRTYFN:

"Born again" as in fully aware and super grateful for what Jesus Christ did for me by suffering and dying on the cross to save a wretch like me.
Old 12-05-2003, 12:41 AM
Hummer Expert

Hummer Man is off the scale

Praise God - Born Again!
God so loved the world that he sent his only son to die on the cross so we could be cleansed of our sins! AMEN
Old 12-06-2003, 08:08 PM

jambo is off the scale

THAT'S RIGHT YOU WILL HEAR FROM JAMBO, I WISH I COULD UNDERSTAND SOME OF YOUR VIEWS ON AND STATEMENTS ABOUT THE HUMMER. YOU SPEAK OF THE HUMMER AS IF IT WERE A HONDA CIVIC OR A GEO....

1. THERE WILL ONLY BE 26,000 MADE FOR 2004 (WHICH MEANS IT IS A LIMITED PRODUCED VEHICLE)

2. A DEALERSHIP HAS TO EARN THE RIGHT TO BECOME A HUMMER DEALER.

OUR DEALERSHIP (WHICH IS THE OLDEST HUMMER DEALER IN GEORGIA) HAS BEEN HERE SINCE 1992, AND VERY ESTABLISHED. WE HAVE A STAFF THAT ONLY SELLS THE HUMMERS AND ARE PAID A SALARY (NOT ON COMMISSION) AND WE ARE ALL CERTIFIED H1 AND H2, AND SELL 30 TO 35 UNITS A MONTH.

EVERY ONE LIKES TO SAVE MONEY WHEN BUYING A VEHICLE, BUT NOT EVERYONE CAN AFFORD THE PRICE TAG THAT COMES ON THE H1 AND H2--WHEN THEY FIRST CAME OUT WITH THE H2 ALL DEALERS WERE SELLING AT 3000 TO 5000 OVER STICKER WITH NO ADD ONS. WHY BECOUSE THE CONSUMER WOULD PAY IT, NOW THEY ARE ON THE 2nd PRODUCTION YEAR AND YOU HAVE DEALERS THAT WILL DISCOUNT THE 04s ALREADY (HUMMER HAS ASK ALL DEALERS NOT TO DO THIS SO IT KEEPS THE VALUE IN THE VEHICLE) BUT OF COURSE THE TRUE CAR SALESPERSON COMES OUT IN SOME OF THESE DEALERS, NOW SOME CONSUMERS WILL SHOP YOUR PRICE (WHICH IS FINE) FOR THE BEST DEAL. BUT THAT OPENS THE DOOR FOR WHAT IF AND HOW COME..... LIKE FOR EXAMPLE, THE CUSTOMER SAYING HOW MUCH THE DEALER SHOULD MAKE IN PROFIT ON A VEHICLE PURCHACE. (IF THE CUSTOMER FEELS IT IS A GOOD DEAL, ITS A GOOD DEAL EVERYBODYS HAPPY).
IF YOU GO AND PURCHASE A ROLEX WATCH DO YOU GRIPE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE PRICE, NO YOU PAY IT..WHY BECOUSE IT IS A ROLEX AND A STATEMENT ABOUT THE PERSON WHO PURCHASED IT. I'M AFRAID THE STATUS OF THE HUMMER MAY BE IN JEPORDY BECOUSE OF SOME OF THE PEOPLE BUYING IT, MAYBE $300.00 TO $1000.00 MARK UP ON ADD ONS MAY PUT THE HUMMER OUT OF RANGE FOR THOSE PEOPLE. NOT MEANT TO OFFEND YOU DO IT YOURSELFERS THAT CAN AFFORD IT, JUST CONCERNS ME THATS ALL.

HUMMER SHOULD BE KEPT IN THE CLASS IT BELONGS NOT BROUGHT DOWN TO THE LEVEL WHERE IT LOSES ITS ELITENESS.
Old 12-06-2003, 09:31 PM

ZeroTolerance is off the scale

A ROLEX is a real statement....
A Hummer is just a vehicle....
Old 12-06-2003, 10:54 PM

jambo is off the scale

DO YOU THINK PEOPLE DRIVING DOWN THE ROAD CAN SEE A ROLEX WHILE YOUR DRIVING YOUR HUMMER, WHAT DO YOU THINK THEY NOTICE FIRST?

THE HUMMER IS NOT JUST A VEHICLE,ITS A LIFESTYLE AND LIKE NOTHING ELSE.(HAD TO BE SAID....)
Old 12-06-2003, 11:36 PM

THE HUMMERMAN is off the scale

Wow,,,,What do we have here?! I just joined this interesting site and noticed that my top employee JAMBO is being picked on a bit too much.

Here we go,, 1st of all I would like for any of you to guess what our monthly expenses are. Whoever is within $100,000.00, will be awarded a certificate for $100 off a $2000 tire carrier. I guess I should stop paying for advertisements, stop paying our technicians who work from 7am-7pm every day, stop paying our managers who help keep the store open 9-9mon-sat, 12-6 Sunday to accommodate buyers(oh yeah,,,I remember many nights being stuck here past midnight to allow someone to purchase our vehicle, stop paying our sales persons who have one of the toughest jobs on the planet(anyone who has sold any type of vehicle for a living will understand), stop paying our electric bill for our 5 building 17 acre facility(water,gas,etc), stop paying floorplan interest on these vehicles(anyone know how much that is each month?), stop paying for my cellphone which has the numbers to the majority our clients numbers stored in it so that I can care about them, I know,,I will stop paying Jambo his salary since he only worked 72 hours this week and missed his 6 year old boy's football game. I do not think this forum has enough pages for me to continue. All you people who hate us dealers and say we sell to uneducated buyers should re-evaluate yourselves. The bulk of our clientele is top achievers, business owners, and top notch individuals who I take great pride in having relationships with beyond the sale. Oh yeah,,H2 Daddy,,,wanna see how much wholesale we lost last month to over allow on trades because everyone believes that KBB and Edmunds is the used car Bible? I could buy an H2 for what we lost.. Maybe I should have.
Well for the lightweights I am having just a bit of fun, I just want you all to realize that the car sales process goes both ways.
ex: A gentleman wanted to pay invoice - advertising - holdback? He owned an appliance store. Last time I bought a Stove, Microwave, Refrigerator, etc.. I did not demand to see an invoice and offer him that minus any advertising he spent to attract customers. I simply paid for the value and the use and the warranty and the service I expected to receive.
Good Night and no hard feelings
I still Love You Guys!
Old 12-07-2003, 02:02 AM

ZeroTolerance is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I still Love You Guys! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey The Hummerman:
Attached Images

Old 12-07-2003, 06:15 AM
Hummer Messiah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Born again:
DRTYFN:

"Born again" as in fully aware and super grateful for what Jesus Christ did for me by suffering and dying on the cross to save a wretch like me.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You pathetic snivelling goof!!! Go thump your book of fables some where else.

Hummer Man, why don't you go back to skinning the hookers that you've got in your basement.
How much plastic do you use in the back of your rig to keep the hooker's blood off of the carpet? Freak.
When you get caught with the hooker bodies you better make sure that the H2 isn't in any of the pictures or after you go to the joint I'm going to personally put a bounty of 50 cartons of smokes on your ass.
Old 12-08-2003, 07:31 AM

cmb31078 is off the scale

Hummerman:
I guess you forgot to pay your phone bill since I made several calls to your dealership with no call back. So dont come here telling us how good you say you are because when it comes down to it "POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE" I will tell anyone that who asks me. Go to Carl Black!!!!!

Craig

04 Pewter H2- Lux,nav, air suspension

Old 12-08-2003, 12:50 PM

THE HUMMERMAN is off the scale

Well, maybe I thought I was talking to a mature bunch, but I must be wrong.
Great comeback there Mr 0 tolerance-did that fake you all weekend.
drtyfn- Who's the Freak? What part of your little brain did you come up with that ignorant stuff?

cmb31078-I never said we were perfect. But to say we have poor customer service is speaking ignorantly. Speaking factually, we lead the city in our CSI scores. That stands for Customer Satisfaction Information for those of you who can't figure it out.
posted 10-30-03 03:48 PM

Zero's list of vehicles. Try to remember that this guy is crying about dealers making money
2003 H2 Black
2003 Ferrari 360 Modena Black
2003 Yukon Denali Red
2004 M5 BMW
2004 M3 BMW
2003 525i BMW
2002 Chevy Crew Cab HD Duramax
1989 930 Porsche Turbo White
2003 996 TT Porsche Black
1972 914 6 3.6L Porsche white
1995 Ferrari 348 Challenge Yellow
2004 47 ft Outerlimits Trip 1050 SC Mercs.....
2002 Honda CR250
2004 Honda CRF450

Looks to me like you have it rough, I apologize for us dealers trying to become succesful. I noticed someone asked you about your profession, yet you did not answer. What do you do?
Old 12-08-2003, 04:56 PM

jambo is off the scale

HEY GUYS (ALL OF YOU) WOW IT JUST GOT REAL COLD IN HERE!!!!!. WHY DON'T WE ALL AGREE L TO DISAGREE, THEN WE CAN GET BACK TO THE HUMMER H1 OR H2. AS FOR cmb31078--- IF SOMEONE FORGOT TO PAY THE PHONE BILL IT WOULD NOT WORK,SINCE YOU LEFT A MESSAGE,IT MUST HAVE BEEN PAID...WE CALL AS MANY PEOPLE BACK AS POSSIBLE, BUT HEY, YOU GOT YOUR H2 AND YOU HELPED OUT ON MAKING THE H2 NO. 1 IN ITS CLASS. OH AND MADE A SALE FOR FOR C*** BL*** WHO NEEDED TO MOVE SOME UNITS DESPRATLY.
Old 12-09-2003, 08:09 AM

cmb31078 is off the scale

Jambo...
You must not be able to read either. I got my H2 in North Carolina. As I had previously stated. I was just stating that I and several other people I know have dealt with Carl Black and have better experiences than with your dealership.

Craig

Old 12-09-2003, 01:37 PM
Hummer Guru

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Dealerships are a business like any other. Theyre there to make a profit. I have absolutely no problem with that and giving them some $$. I do however have a problem with some of the tactics used to take advantage of customers.

I'm not saying that all dealers play those games, but unfortunately some do. Some dealers are respectable and will give a deal that is good to both parties.

- Dan

-------------------------------------------------
SUT on order 12/02. 12 months down, 6 to go!
-------------------------------------------------
Old 12-09-2003, 10:21 PM

jambo is off the scale

SO cmb31078- GOING BACK YOU R RIGHT N.C. IT WAS. (MY BAD) BUT WHY DID YOU BUY YOUR H2 IN N.C. OVER C*** BL***? LET ME GUESS YOU SAVED $100.00 OR SO RIGHT? NOT WORTH THE DRIVE I WOULD THINK... REMEMBER ALL HUMMER DEALERS GET THE H2 FROM THE SAME PLACE AND THE SAME PRICE. IF ONE DEALER CAN DO IT SO CAN THE OTHER (UNLESS THEY DON'T HAVE IT IN STOCK) OR EVEN WORSE IF THEY DON'T LIKE YOU.

HUMMER HAD A HAPPENING ON DEC. 6TH (LAST SAT.) ALL THE LOCAL DEALERS AND CUSTOMERS WERE THERE, THE SAD THING WAS WE (HUMMER OF MARIETTA) HAD TO EXPLAIN THE H2 ABILITY, AND AS THEY CALLED THEM BUTTONS TO OVER HALF OF C*** BL*** CUSTOMERS.

I REALIZE YOU GUYS ARE AGAINST THE DEALER MAKING PROFIT, BUT WHAT IS THAT YOU DO MR. cmb31078? DOES YOUR COMPANY MAKE A PROFIT? WOULD YOU SELL OR BUY SOMETHING KNOWING IT WAS NOT A SMART CHOICE FOR YOU OR YOUR COMPANY?

BY THE WAY, WHEN YOU CALLED YOU SAID THE SALESMAN TOLD YOU TO BUY IT IN N.C. RIGHT? LET ME KNOW WHEN THIS WAS?
Old 12-10-2003, 01:41 AM
Hummer Messiah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by THE HUMMERMAN:
Well, maybe I thought I was talking to a mature bunch, but I must be wrong.
Great comeback there Mr 0 tolerance-did that fake you all weekend.
drtyfn- Who's the Freak? What part of your little brain did you come up with that ignorant stuff?

Looks to me like you have it rough, I apologize for us dealers trying to become succesful. I noticed someone asked you about your profession, yet you did not answer. What do you do?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The part that was having fun and was partially impaired by too much beer. If you hadn't noticed, I still haven't pulled that photo, and don't plan on it. So you'll always have something to fall back on when your poor little brain starts spinning frantically when you're trying to come up with a comeback.

And it's nunya buziness. So go back to looking for your next up. And chew some gum after you've had your coffee and smokes- there's nothing worse than smokey coffee ass breath.