H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > H2 Classifieds

Old 12-30-2005, 02:19 AM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I had a project planned and bought an new Warn winch bumper that's made for the H2. I currently also have one already installed on my H2 but was going to take the new one and modify it to my liking. My interests have drifted to UCP protection and would like to sell the bumper.

It's the fully Warn metal bumper and all the mountings but does not have the winch. I am sure it could be customized to accomodate different winches or for other projects. Brand new, box never opened.
Old 12-30-2005, 02:19 AM
Banned

I had a project planned and bought an new Warn winch bumper that's made for the H2. I currently also have one already installed on my H2 but was going to take the new one and modify it to my liking. My interests have drifted to UCP protection and would like to sell the bumper.

It's the fully Warn metal bumper and all the mountings but does not have the winch. I am sure it could be customized to accomodate different winches or for other projects. Brand new, box never opened.
Old 12-30-2005, 04:04 AM
Hummer Guru

frank6150 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm interested P. How much you looking to get for it?
Old 12-30-2005, 11:50 AM
Hummer Guru

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

$5
Old 12-30-2005, 12:47 PM
Banned

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by frank6150:
I'm interested P. How much you looking to get for it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Ideally would like to recoup cost of about $550, which included taxes, but here to get what I can get.

Considering offers.
Old 12-30-2005, 12:48 PM
Banned

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dan:
$5,000 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>fixed
Old 12-30-2005, 12:58 PM
Banned

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alec W:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by frank6150:
I'm interested P. How much you looking to get for it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>My wife want's me to recoup the cost of about $550, which included taxes, or I'll be in the dog house.

Considering offers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Fixed </div></BLOCKQUOTE>10 year anniversary next month and I've bought too many things I "needed" and complained about having to buy her bling...... oops
Old 12-30-2005, 01:03 PM
Hummer Guru

Klaus is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alec W:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:
I'm interested P. How much you looking to get for it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I'm looking to buy an FN Five-Seven, and I just noticed the cost of the ammo!

Considering offers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Fixed </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fixed again.
Old 12-30-2005, 06:16 PM
Hummer Authority

ree is an unknown quantity at this point

Paragon,
What's the dimensions of the area where the winch mounts? I'm considering alternative winches and Warn hasn't gotten back to me with this info since they're on vacation.
Old 12-30-2005, 06:24 PM
Banned

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ree:
Paragon,
What's the dimensions of the area where the winch mounts? I'm considering alternative winches and Warn hasn't gotten back to me with this info since they're on vacation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>How exact do you want? I can try to measure the one on my truck now. The new one is still boxed up and I haven't even de-banded it.

If you are looking for a max size or something I can probably do that without opening the box.
Old 12-30-2005, 06:32 PM
Hummer Authority

How exact do you want? I can try to measure the one on my truck now. The new one is still boxed up and I haven't even de-banded it.

If you are looking for a max size or something I can probably do that without opening the box. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perfectly exact. A CAD model in my email would be best

Actually, if the area is nice and rectangular just those dimensions, erring to the small side and notes about any irregularitis/fins/etc. If it's more irregular, whatever you can/want to do for specing it out.

I'm considering a milemarker hydraulic. I don't yet have dimensions on them either (I wasn't planning this shopping until next month), but drum lengths are comparable to the 9.5XP and pictures make it look like a possibility. So if you know that this will or won't work, that'd be good too.
Old 12-30-2005, 06:37 PM
Hummer Authority

Ooops. Milemarker has this as their dimensions:

Looks like 24.65 is required width, and 8x10 in the other two dimensions. Probably some hacking needed to provide access to the control knobs.
Old 12-30-2005, 07:13 PM
Banned

Here is the only picture I could find from my installation. I lost the hard drive on my notebook and don't have access to those pictures right now.

The cradle itself is not limited on width. The width is determined by the frame members of the truck and are just over 24".

The bumper part that you see from the outside is an overlay or veneer. It provides no structural support, so what you see in the picture below is the strength and what you would be mounting to. You could make the necessary cuts or holes in the metal bumper to accomodate different controls.

The opening in the top of the bumper to view the drum is 9.5" wide X 3.5" deep. From the bottom of the cradle mounting to the inside of the top of the bumper overlay is 7", so the winch can be roughly 7" tall.

If the milemarker is 10" tall and over 24" wide, it would be a tough fit without cutting the top away more from frame member to frame member and exposing all of the winch instead of just the drum as with the Warn setup.

Old 12-30-2005, 07:15 PM
Hummer Guru

frank6150 is an unknown quantity at this point

For $550 are you gonna drive it up to me?
Old 12-30-2005, 07:35 PM
Hummer Authority

Okay, it sounds like a big ole maybe. I thing the MM can be mounted so that the freespool lever is on the side instead of the top. I sort of wonder if the end of the speed lever can be hacked off and a push rod can be linked to the end and routed out the front.

I'll have to ask some more questions of the MM folks to know if it's a fit.

I really want to avoid (a) a cradle and (b) an more expensive bumper (cough), so I'm probably going to have to find a way to make the warn bumper work. So I'm probably a strong fallback buys on this. I hate to be really impulsive, so give me a bit more time to ponder.
Old 12-30-2005, 08:05 PM
Banned

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ree:
Okay, it sounds like a big ole maybe. I thing the MM can be mounted so that the freespool lever is on the side instead of the top. I sort of wonder if the end of the speed lever can be hacked off and a push rod can be linked to the end and routed out the front.

I'll have to ask some more questions of the MM folks to know if it's a fit.

I really want to avoid (a) a cradle and (b) an more expensive bumper (cough), so I'm probably going to have to find a way to make the warn bumper work. So I'm probably a strong fallback buys on this. I hate to be really impulsive, so give me a bit more time to ponder. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Regardless, if I can help let me know. I got the new one to consider a larger winch and it would be easy because the bumper cover can be hacked up and still look good, but I can do a triple line pull if I have to (justifying to myself why I don't need a bigger winch)

My current bumper is bent all up or I would take it off and take some pictures. with it being bent up so bad, I'm afraid once I get it off, it will be a bitch to get the holes realigned to mount it back up.
Old 12-30-2005, 08:06 PM
Banned

For $550 are you gonna drive it up to me? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>It's warmer down here, why don't you come this way and I lower the price.