H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > H2 Classifieds

Old 10-21-2005, 07:00 PM
Hummer Veteran

BLOWNZO6 is off the scale

The first run of my H2 PC's are now for sale. Here is what is included:

PC - 1Ghz Processor
512 RAM
Onboard Video
Onboard Sound
CDRW/DVD ROM
Adapter to hook this system to the stock Bose sounds system - NO AMPS NECESSARY
7" Wide screen monitor with touchscreen
Mount as shown in the dash below
XM Radio Box and Harness
XM Antenna
GPS Antenna
All necessary cables for connection
Windows XP Pro
Delorme Street Atlas 2006

I will personally setup each of the PC's, check the screens, setup the necessary drivers, GPS, etc.

There are a few things you will need.
1. Wire to run to Power (I will show you where)
2. Wireless of your choice (There are too many options here so I have not included it.)
3. Ability to install it. (If you wanted me to install it, we can discuss that, I am in Knoxville, TN)

The introductory price on these is going to be $1879 USD and will include ground shipping to the continguous US.

I would like a $1000 deposit via PAYPAL at nick.steffens@usionline.net
If I don't receive 5 deposits the projects costing will have to be reviewed and anyone who sent in a deposit will be notified and their money refunded.

I have set this up to build 5 at a time and expect a 3 week delivery to the first 5. If I can get them done sooner, I will. You will be notified that your unit is complete and I will expect the balance of the payment for the unit in 24 hours unless we make another arrangement and after reciept of the balance your unit will be shipped.

OPTIONS:
If you want the scanning software that I use, please contact me. It would be a $700 option, I can work that out with you.
A few have expressed interest in a dual processor. I personnally see no use in it, but can provide that as well. This would be an additional $325. Any optional equipment would need to be included in you initial deposit.

The frontend software will be installed and setup as well. This software is an open source front end and all pertinent information will be provided to each purchaser. I will provide support for the software, but I am not charging for the inclusion of the software with the PC.

I think I have included all of the necessary information to get this started, if there are any other questions, I will do my best to answer them.

Here are some pictures of the units:

Paypal for deposit is nick.steffens@usionline.net
Old 10-21-2005, 07:00 PM
Hummer Veteran

The first run of my H2 PC's are now for sale. Here is what is included:

PC - 1Ghz Processor
512 RAM
Onboard Video
Onboard Sound
CDRW/DVD ROM
Adapter to hook this system to the stock Bose sounds system - NO AMPS NECESSARY
7" Wide screen monitor with touchscreen
Mount as shown in the dash below
XM Radio Box and Harness
XM Antenna
GPS Antenna
All necessary cables for connection
Windows XP Pro
Delorme Street Atlas 2006

I will personally setup each of the PC's, check the screens, setup the necessary drivers, GPS, etc.

There are a few things you will need.
1. Wire to run to Power (I will show you where)
2. Wireless of your choice (There are too many options here so I have not included it.)
3. Ability to install it. (If you wanted me to install it, we can discuss that, I am in Knoxville, TN)

The introductory price on these is going to be $1879 USD and will include ground shipping to the continguous US.

I would like a $1000 deposit via PAYPAL at nick.steffens@usionline.net
If I don't receive 5 deposits the projects costing will have to be reviewed and anyone who sent in a deposit will be notified and their money refunded.

I have set this up to build 5 at a time and expect a 3 week delivery to the first 5. If I can get them done sooner, I will. You will be notified that your unit is complete and I will expect the balance of the payment for the unit in 24 hours unless we make another arrangement and after reciept of the balance your unit will be shipped.

OPTIONS:
If you want the scanning software that I use, please contact me. It would be a $700 option, I can work that out with you.
A few have expressed interest in a dual processor. I personnally see no use in it, but can provide that as well. This would be an additional $325. Any optional equipment would need to be included in you initial deposit.

The frontend software will be installed and setup as well. This software is an open source front end and all pertinent information will be provided to each purchaser. I will provide support for the software, but I am not charging for the inclusion of the software with the PC.

I think I have included all of the necessary information to get this started, if there are any other questions, I will do my best to answer them.

Here are some pictures of the units:

Paypal for deposit is nick.steffens@usionline.net
Old 10-22-2005, 11:41 PM

YNGMD is off the scale

very cool . . . anymore pics/info. I think I want one
Old 10-23-2005, 12:42 AM
Hummer Veteran

What other questions do you have or what would you like to see? Post them up and I will take them one at a time
Old 10-23-2005, 01:48 AM
Hummer Guru

dochummer is an unknown quantity at this point

How's the noise from the main box? Do you have some pretty quiet fans?

'03 H2
Old 10-23-2005, 02:05 AM
Hummer Authority

MovinH2 is off the scale

Would someone not very audio/video minded be able to do the install?
Old 10-23-2005, 04:56 AM
Hummer Authority

NJ H2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

How is the Delorme Street Atlas 2006? and is this DVD NAV?
Can I hook up my Alpine NAV?
Is there a wireless mouse/keyboard?
Can you get online with your cell phone if no wireless cnnection available?
Can I run the JL Stealth box sub thru this with an amp?
Can I run a CD/DVD player to a aux input?
Is there an output for the NAV and DVD to run other screens?
Where is the DVD rom located?
Does that screen flip up?
Sorry for all the questions?

Old 10-23-2005, 12:45 PM
Hummer Veteran

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dochummer:
How's the noise from the main box? Do you have some pretty quiet fans? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The only noise there is is on initial startup... there is about a 3 second whine. Other than that you hear no noice. There are two fans in the case and one on the processor, you cannot hear anything, even with the system muted.
Old 10-23-2005, 12:50 PM
Hummer Veteran

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xAltitude:
What outputs does it have (i.e head rest screens) and is there any slots for a wireless card? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It has one vga and one composite output. You can buy some readily available units to split and boost the VGA signal to go to several monitors or you can get composite video splitters as well. This will not be a problem for you.

The board I have picked do not have a PCMCIA slot. I can use one that does, if you want it that way, I will supply it for no additional charge. You will have to sacrifice the ability to add a PCI card later though. The reason I did not include this is that I have been using a USB dongle with a long cord mounted high up in the vehicle. I don't know how well it would work with the card under the seat. I can supply the unit this way though. It would also have a CF slot with this configuration as well.
Old 10-23-2005, 12:51 PM
Hummer Veteran

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MovinH2:
Would someone not very audio/video minded be able to do the install? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The hardest part of installing this will be taking the console out. The rest is very easy. It is just popping some panels out to run wiring, it is very straight forward. There are really less than 15 connections that need to be done. I will do all of the modifications to the video screen, etc.
Old 10-23-2005, 01:01 PM
Hummer Veteran

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NJ H2:
How is the Delorme Street Atlas 2006? and is this DVD NAV?
Can I hook up my Alpine NAV?
Is there a wireless mouse/keyboard?
Can you get online with your cell phone if no wireless cnnection available?
Can I run the JL Stealth box sub thru this with an amp?
Can I run a CD/DVD player to a aux input?
Is there an output for the NAV and DVD to run other screens?
Where is the DVD rom located?
Does that screen flip up?
Sorry for all the questions? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1. The Delorme software is very detailed. The 2006 version is MUCH better to use. To still do on the fly programming you really would benefit from using a keyboard, the computer has an On Screen Keyboard, but using a mini one is the best way. On a scale of 1 to 10 I would say it is an 8, I like the features, I like the maps, etc. I have used it on a long trip, it will respond to voice commands if you set up a microphone, it will also give voice commands while you are driving. I hooked mine up in my house before I put it in the truck and programmed in all of the normal places that I travel. THEN it is VERY easy, you just pick where you are going and starting from on a pull down menu. It is not DVD nav, all the maps are on the hard drive, no need to tie up a drive.
2. I have no experienve with teh alpine NAV, if you can hook it up through a computer you can use it. There are two more Video inputs for this screen. If you can feed it to a normal composite video feed, then you should be able to use it. I am not sure about the sound. Sorry I am just not familiar with it.
3. If you can interface your phone with a computer, you can use it to get online with this, it has all of the functions of a normal PC.
4. Yes you can run amplifiers with this and an auxilary sub box. Basically have an RCA that runs from the computer to the adapter harness, you would just run the RCA to your amp and then from the amp to the adapter.
5. There should be no need for a CD/DVD player in an aux input. You will have 80GB of HD space to store movies or songs. There is a CD/DVD drive on the unit or you can remote locate it, with the purchase of a USB external housing.
6. I covered the "other screens" question in another reply.
7. No that screen does not flip up, it is mounted exactly where it is.

The questions are not a problem...
Old 10-23-2005, 02:49 PM
Hummer Veteran

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xAltitude:
and is there any slots for a wireless card? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I went ahead and ordered a board with the wireless slot to see if the wireless PCMCIA card is effective or not.
Old 10-23-2005, 03:07 PM
Hummer Professional

md_sailor is off the scale

What about connecting an Ipod? Will the uspec adapter allow it to function in place of a CD Changer? I cant dump the Ipod contents to the Car Cpu as it is Paired with my Desk top. Can you think of a better option that would allow ipod menu access on the Touch screen?
Old 10-23-2005, 03:09 PM
Hummer Professional

Oh yea, What if you have Factory XM? Do I have to swap out the XM Reciever and Antenna? I have The 2005 TSN with XM and My Ipod replacing the Changer.
Old 10-23-2005, 04:02 PM
Hummer Veteran

If you can make the ipod work with a PC you can probably make it work with this. I don't know about integration into the system. If it had it's own software it can be embedded and them an option added to the menu to listen to it. If you can point me to he software you are using I can try it. My wife has an iPod, I could try it with hers.

Again.. not sure why you would need it though. I have about 6,700 mp3's on my pc. If I down load a song, I just transfer it to it via wireless or my USB drive.

With the factory XM, that is a good question. I would assume that the factory antenna would work. You could probably get it all to work with it, I have not researched it so I cannot give you a firm answer on either.
Old 10-23-2005, 10:51 PM
Hummer Veteran

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by md_sailor:
What about connecting an Ipod? Will the uspec adapter allow it to function in place of a CD Changer? I cant dump the Ipod contents to the Car Cpu as it is Paired with my Desk top. Can you think of a better option that would allow ipod menu access on the Touch screen? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I took an old head unit I have here and hooked it up to the computer. Of course you can't control it with the computer, but you can listen to it through the PC, I am doing it right now.

So.. yes you can listen to your Ipod through it.
Hope that helps.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:56 PM
Hummer Professional

Thank you, What does the Scanner option do? What are you scanning?
Old 10-25-2005, 01:02 PM
Hummer Veteran

The software I use is HP Tuners and it is a fully functional scanner for the truck. You can log anything that the computer has. It is also a fully functioning programmer, so you can program anything with the ECU and transmission.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:57 PM
Hummer Professional

Longhorn is off the scale

Damn! This is really cool.

Could it be configured for Sirius?

Does it have an aux RCA sound input? Then I could use my existing Kenwood stand alone sat radio module.

Any remote IR option for control? Something that might be compatible with a Soundgate steering wheel control module?