H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > H3 Classifieds

Old 11-16-2006, 07:01 PM
Hummer Professional

Hunner is on a distinguished road
Default Spring hanger/shock mount skid plate

I can have these made now. I lost a long post I was going to send and Im out of time. The simple fact is I got screwed on the ones I bought. They are not wide enough to do the job. So I am going to have these made.
NO paint. I could but would add to the price. Finish anyway you would like. When I get a tenative idea of the number I can sell I will bite the bullet and get a batch run. I will send the pictures of the front and mine mounted just as soon as I get them. Then take orders.

A pair with the front pieces will be $150 including shipping.

(don't make this complicated by wanting to bust up the set) I will charge $150 with or without. There is not much point in not putting on the front ones. The front ones will have to be tacked welded to save a lot of work. These are not bling so if you wheel on rocks you will wish you had them before you crush something.

I have to buy boxes and packing and take them to UPS
every time I ship. I don't do this for a living. Just trying to be a help to other frustrated Hummer owners.
Check all of my other posts. They will be one inch wider to protect the shock bolt. The front ones have a radius curve on the back and are wide enough to protect the mount.
It would help if I got some idea of how many upfront I could sell. They want me to get 10 pairs to start. If I could speculate and get more I might trim the price. It is a small run for them and they are really being nice to take it on. The owner is a wheeler from the past and understands our frustration.
Traded 06 I-5 for 08H3 ALPHA/Adv,WarnPowerPlant9500,Warn 9000ti rear,Steelcraft brush/winch mt,RockyRoadrails/Hunner mod,GMUCP,Hunner rear/shock skids,OEM roof lights,Rola rack,2GoLights,Hunner steering gear mount,Purple Cranium diff guard,BulletProof tie rods,ARBsnorkle, SyKlone prefilter,Hunner intake pipe.
Old 11-24-2006, 06:24 AM
Hummer Veteran

Jeff G is off the scale
Default Re: Spring hanger/shock mount skid plate

Any pics of the whole set yet?
2006 H3 Lux/Offroad - Slate Blue - Ebony Leather - Sunroof - Brush Guard - Husky Rear Mat - Petz Cover (so my Wheaton Terrier can ride with me) - GOBI Stealth Rack - PIAA Lights - DC/AC Coverter - Truxxx Leveling Kit - DC1 Wheels - 35"X12.50" Toyo Open Country AT - Step Bars - Onboard Air - Chrome Fire Extinguisher

2003 Mercedes Benz S500 AMG

2003 BMW Z3 - Wife's
Old 11-24-2006, 07:20 AM
Hummer Authority

RuggedH2 is on a distinguished road

Post up some pics, I would probably take a set off your hands.

Old 11-24-2006, 03:34 PM
Banned

lotus4s is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0313H3
Post up some pics, I would probably take a set off your hands.

Yeah, what he said.....
Old 11-24-2006, 06:48 PM
Hummer Professional

Great! I can see the interest starting. Im really tired of being taken by the big guys and thought this was one way I could help ease the pain for others. I made a set from scratch and saw how time consuming that would be to make a bunch. I hope to meet Monday with the fab shop. (again) Im going to hopefully get a set soon so I can shoot pictures. I want everybody to see what they are getting. The spring shackle lower plate has a protrusion in the center that makes it necessary to have the brackets split, similiar to the other ones I have seen. We are laser cutting a slit for alignment and to weld under the brackets for strength. (I have tested brand "A") The spacing of the bolts makes that a given as well. Which means by design they have to be a particular size and shape.
I said before the main improvement and difference is basically one of the primary reasons for the plate and that is to protect the shock bolt head and bottom of the shock. This requires a full inch wider plate along the inside edge.
It may be cheaper to just go ahead and get the 20 sets he wants me to commit to when he sets up to run. The biggest cost seems to be for time. I hope to get pictures of the laser process and press operation.
I want to help those that bought brand "A" so I may see if I can get extra front ones run at the same time.
I will post just as soon as I get them.
Buck fever around here has slowed the process. They should be out on our trails. (NOT) I see deer all the time. Im glad they can't hunt out there I would have to have an orange Hummer!
Traded 06 I-5 for 08H3 ALPHA/Adv,WarnPowerPlant9500,Warn 9000ti rear,Steelcraft brush/winch mt,RockyRoadrails/Hunner mod,GMUCP,Hunner rear/shock skids,OEM roof lights,Rola rack,2GoLights,Hunner steering gear mount,Purple Cranium diff guard,BulletProof tie rods,ARBsnorkle, SyKlone prefilter,Hunner intake pipe.

Last edited by Hunner : 11-25-2006 at 05:30 PM.
Old 11-25-2006, 12:41 AM
Hummer Veteran

Gottmud is on a distinguished road

Count me in for a set.
Old 11-26-2006, 10:11 PM
Hummer Veteran

garnerbiker is off the scale

I'm good for a set as well. Pics would be nice.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:27 PM
Hummer Veteran

ChasH3 is off the scale

Pictures please...
Old 11-28-2006, 10:03 PM
Hummer Professional

Im working on it. I took the mock up back Monday and he is supposed to email me a 3D cad drawing for approval. Look in all the other posts and the rear lower skid looks like the brand "A" but 1 inch wider and welded differently to be stronger. The front one is radiused to fit around the mount and taper back. I know Im excited about getting them. I will post the pictures of the real thing the day I get them. I bought some boxes and packing today.
Old 11-29-2006, 03:14 PM
Hummer Veteran

drewl..........

thanks for your work on this. we cant wait to see what you have come up with.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:22 PM
Elcova Newbie

Arkie 355 is on a distinguished road

Put me down for a set also.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:28 PM
Hummer Professional

Great. Im going to call the guy and jack him up. Thanks that makes me feel like it will be worthwhile to get 20 sets to start. I need mine now!
Let me know if you ever come up to the Superlift park. I know you got mud down in hope, right? I ordered some Mickey Thompson Baja MTX tires just so I can play in the mud.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:13 PM
Hummer Veteran

Do you have sketches that we can see? Anything?
Old 12-06-2006, 05:23 PM
Hummer Professional

Yeah it looks sort of like this only 1 inch wider towards the inside under the shock and more radiused on the big end. Im sorry as you are this guy is backed up. Im going to pay a drop in visit there in a few minutes. Hang on.
Attached Images

Old 12-14-2006, 02:50 PM
Hummer Veteran

How's this guy doing? Are we going to have to wait till Jan or later? Let us know when you get an update.
Old 12-15-2006, 05:36 AM
Hummer Expert

jp's-h3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Count me in!
Old 12-15-2006, 05:47 PM
Hummer Professional

I got excited about getting them made and probably posted all that too soon. I wanted to find out if it was going to be something worthwhile. He swears he is going to get on it. Its a big place and I see lots of product moving. Im going up today to get the one I left up there back. Im going wheeling this weekend and I would feel exposed with out it. Im running my reinforced rock rails also for the first time. You guys hang in there I want them as bad as you do and Im trying not to get pushy and stay on the good side of this guy. Although that is not my nature. Thats why I got on the rails myself.
Old 12-18-2006, 11:43 PM
Hummer Guru

wpage is on a distinguished road

Im interested but want to know more. Can these go on without any added mods to existing systems like steering, supspension, etc. Will the guy making them assure the welds for some period of time? If so count me in
(John 3:16)
2006 H3 Slate Blue,Header,Jacked,CAI,Toyo35's,HHO.
Priors...
Explorer
Commander
71 Vette
You Name it!
Old 12-19-2006, 04:45 AM
Hummer Professional

These don't interfere with anything. They really are only slightly below the end of the ubolts. The welds will be industry standard deep burn mig welds which will be the strongest part. You could possibly bend one some if hit right but it would do its job. I think 3/8 would be a little much and would require longer ubolts.
Here is a good shot of why I am including the front piece. Under that loose stuff is a big rock.
Attached Images

Last edited by Hunner : 12-19-2006 at 04:51 AM.
Old 12-19-2006, 04:55 AM
Hummer Professional

I actually found this on another forum after I asked if anyone had problems without them on trips to famous places on this forum. I guess the name should remain anonymous because the reply was they did not have any problems. It is a real good example of what you will have to fix in addition to a shock on the trail if you really smash it up.
Attached Images

Last edited by Hunner : 12-19-2006 at 05:18 AM.