H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > H2 Classifieds

Old 12-30-2005, 08:55 PM
Hummer Guru

VTSTOMPER is off the scale

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. ..
Old 12-31-2005, 12:56 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VTSTOMPER:
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. .. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>What, you thinking about driving down here because it's warmer or about the bumper.

Time to try that baby of yours out on a long drive.
Old 12-31-2005, 02:11 PM
Hummer Guru

no, and yes!

I would probably leave the driving to UPS! Were you thinking of modding it for the rear?
Old 12-31-2005, 03:07 PM
Hummer Authority

ree is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:
Regardless, if I can help let me know. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can you take a several of pictures of the center area of the bumper (the one on your truck that is), below, in front of, above? Just so I can get a slightly better idea of exactly what comes out where, how big the access is at the top, and what kind of mids I might need to make to the fascia.
Thanks.
Old 12-31-2005, 03:16 PM
Banned

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ree:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:
Regardless, if I can help let me know. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can you take a several of pictures of the center area of the bumper (the one on your truck that is), below, in front of, above? Just so I can get a slightly better idea of exactly what comes out where, how big the access is at the top, and what kind of mids I might need to make to the fascia.
Thanks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I'll get something the first part of next week.
Old 12-31-2005, 03:20 PM
Banned

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VTSTOMPER:
no, and yes!

I would probably leave the driving to UPS! Were you thinking of modding it for the rear? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I tow trailers too much to go screwing around with the rear. I was thinking about going with a bigger winch, and creating an area for a custom air tank.
Old 12-31-2005, 04:20 PM
Hummer Guru

ah yes! That would pretty much end all towing unless you fab something for it. I am sure it could be done, but I lack the fabbin' skills (welding/bending/cutting steel)...I would have to drive it down to Monster Garage!
Old 12-31-2005, 04:58 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ree:
Actually, if the area is nice and rectangular just those dimensions, erring to the small side and notes about any irregularitis/fins/etc. If it's more irregular, whatever you can/want to do for specing it out.

I'm considering a milemarker hydraulic. I don't yet have dimensions on them either (I wasn't planning this shopping until next month), but drum lengths are comparable to the 9.5XP and pictures make it look like a possibility. So if you know that this will or won't work, that'd be good too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

All(I'm pretty sure) winches have a standard foot print. Your main concern is going to be the dimensions from to the left & right of the bolt holes.
I would highly advise you to stay away from the Mile Marker winches. All of the Hummer techs that I've spoken with on this subject have offered the advice to NOT use a hydraulic winch on the H2.

I'd recommend going with the Warn Tabor series winches. Great product and very reliable.
The 9K & the 12K have the same dimensions, just different gears.
http://www.warn.com/truck/winches/value_series.shtml
Old 01-01-2006, 01:42 AM
Hummer Authority

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DRTYFN:
I would highly advise you to stay away from the Mile Marker winches. All of the Hummer techs that I've spoken with on this subject have offered the advice to NOT use a hydraulic winch on the H2. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Preface: I don't know the details of any business doings/misdoings between you and MM since I haven't read enough old posts to figure it out. So I'm not going to discount what you've said because of this.

If there is a real problem with the MM hydraulics on the H2, I'd love to know about it now. But so far, I've seen little substantive arguments against their use.

I did see you post a complaint about the cluth lever failing on one.

But everything I've ever seen about the hydraulics being bad seems purely anectodal/hearsay. I've seen all sorts of people claiming that they cause PS pump failure, but I've never hear them say it was their PS pump that their winch broke.

I know AMG fails to warrant the PS pumps on H1's if a MM hydraulic is used, but this isn't proof that the winches are the problem. It is a mighty nice way for them to save on warantee costs. But I've seen a number of videos with H1's sans MM winches and sick sounding PS pumps. Maybe the PS pumps aren't so hot on the H1's.

So why specifically are the Hummer tech's advising against it?
Old 01-01-2006, 01:58 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DRTYFN:
I would highly advise you to stay away from the Mile Marker winches. All of the Hummer techs that I've spoken with on this subject have offered the advice to NOT use a hydraulic winch on the H2. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Preface: I don't know the details of any business doings/misdoings between you and MM since I haven't read enough old posts to figure it out. So I'm not going to discount what you've said because of this. <span class="ev_code_RED">They are sneaky thieves, but my recommendation is made after personally experiencing failure on 2 of their electric winches. Also, the fact that any warranty work must be done at their facility in Atlanta(?). Warn has service falcilities worldwide and are very accommodating when it comes to warranty repairs.</span>

If there is a real problem with the MM hydraulics on the H2, I'd love to know about it now. But so far, I've seen little substantive arguments against their use. <span class="ev_code_RED">Most, if not all, techs will tell you that the H2 steering pump isn't quite up to the work of running a hydraulic winch.</span>

I did see you post a complaint about the cluth lever failing on one. <span class="ev_code_RED">One personally. 3-4 others from friends & acquaintances.</span>

But everything I've ever seen about the hydraulics being bad seems purely anectodal/hearsay. I've seen all sorts of people claiming that they cause PS pump failure, but I've never hear them say it was their PS pump that their winch broke. <span class="ev_code_RED">Like I said, ask a tech.</span>

I know AMG fails to warrant the PS pumps on H1's if a MM hydraulic is used, but this isn't proof that the winches are the problem. It is a mighty nice way for them to save on warantee costs.<span class="ev_code_RED">That's because MM is a bitch to work with on warranty issues.</span> But I've seen a number of videos with H1's sans MM winches and sick sounding PS pumps. Maybe the PS pumps aren't so hot on the H1's. <span class="ev_code_RED">Could be. But I've only ever heard one PS pump sounding sickly. And I've been around LOTS of H1s.</span>

So why specifically are the Hummer tech's advising against it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> <span class="ev_code_RED">The best thing you can do is go ask one(or a couple of them) about their opinions on the subject.</span>

Remember: Opinions are like *******s. Everybody has one and they usually stink.
Old 01-01-2006, 03:06 AM
Hummer Authority

<span class="ev_code_RED">The best thing you can do is go ask one(or a couple of them) about their opinions on the subject.</span>
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Will do. Can't hurt.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
Remember: Opinions are like *******s. Everybody has one and they usually stink. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ain't that the truth. Thanks
Old 01-02-2006, 04:56 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alec W:
I got some real “roll eyes” action last night when I explained the $140 I spent for the wireless winch remote I needed so I don’t have to open the hood twice a year

Congats on 10 years, we are at about 9 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Please let me know how the install goes.
Old 01-03-2006, 03:30 PM
Hummer Authority

Thanks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I'll get something the first part of next week. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Paragon,
No need anymore. I just got the install instructions in Word form from Warn. The pictures in it provide enough detail.

For others, this picture shows how it all fits together before adding the bumper cover.
Attached Images

Old 01-03-2006, 07:10 PM
Banned

Thanks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I'll get something the first part of next week. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Paragon,
No need anymore. I just got the install instructions in Word form from Warn. The pictures in it provide enough detail.

For others, this picture shows how it all fits together before adding the bumper cover. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Damn, I was just resizing all of the photos and getting ready to post them. Hmphf!
Old 01-03-2006, 07:19 PM
Hummer Authority

[quote]Originally posted by PARAGON:
Paragon,

For others, this picture shows how it all fits together before adding the bumper cover. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Damn, I was just resizing all of the photos and getting ready to post them. Hmphf! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
If you've gottem, postem, please. It'll get you closer to supreme overlord.
Old 01-03-2006, 07:22 PM
Banned

[quote]Originally posted by PARAGON:
Paragon,

For others, this picture shows how it all fits together before adding the bumper cover. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Damn, I was just resizing all of the photos and getting ready to post them. Hmphf! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
If you've gottem, postem, please. It'll get you closer to supreme overlord. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>No.... No No! I'll just keep them to myself now!

Notice the winky in my previous post.
Old 01-03-2006, 07:35 PM
Hummer Authority

No.... No No! I'll just keep them to myself now!

Notice the winky in my previous post. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry. I have intermittent WADS (Winky Attribution Deficiency Syndrome ). I see it, I'm not not completely sure what to make of it

Know what I mean
Old 01-05-2006, 01:33 PM
Banned

I had forgotten what this thread was about....... so, does anybody want the bumper?
Old 01-05-2006, 05:07 PM
Hummer Guru

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

ok, ok.... $6.50?
Old 01-06-2006, 02:01 AM
Hummer Authority

Still a strong maybe.