H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 01-31-2006, 10:45 PM
Hummer Professional

HummerLV is off the scale

some Q's hopefully answered
Old 01-31-2006, 10:45 PM
Hummer Professional

some Q's hopefully answered
Old 01-31-2006, 10:51 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

great anti bling look. I like the flat black rims they match the steps + rockers .
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 01-31-2006, 10:56 PM
Hummer Professional

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fourfourto:
great anti bling look. I like the flat black rims they match the steps + rockers . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thanks starting to turn out very sweet indeed, still a work in progress though.
next is anti bling the grill, and a brush guard is in the garage waiting for me to install
Old 01-31-2006, 11:36 PM
Hummer Authority

hmrlvr is an unknown quantity at this point

Lookin damn nice. Good job. Hope you have better success with the lift.
Old 02-01-2006, 02:24 AM
Hummer Guru

NEOCON1 is an unknown quantity at this point

sweet
* Rollin with the Banned and the Damned *

"Fred Thompson for President "
Old 02-01-2006, 02:44 AM
Hummer Expert

MarK M is an unknown quantity at this point

hi hummerlv... so if you air down, will those bolts hit the tires?
Old 02-01-2006, 02:53 AM
Hummer Guru

Sewie is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks great! Hope the lift works for ya. Keep us up to date.

Old 02-01-2006, 03:08 AM
Hummer Veteran

JohnB.GWU. is off the scale

damn those bump stops are cloooooooose. Whats the stock bumpstop distance vs. lifted. The ride has to suffer when they're like that.
05\' Yellow Lux - BACK TO YELLOW BABY!!!
04 S55 Benz w/Brabus Tuning
Old 02-01-2006, 01:13 PM
Hummer Professional

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MarK M:
hi hummerlv... so if you air down, will those bolts hit the tires? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

max psi for the BFG MT is 50lbs i normally ride with around 37-40lbs, nice ride, i have been down to 25lbs with no problems, hate to go below that without beadlocks, 25 was a good footprint and very clingy...
Old 02-01-2006, 01:19 PM
Hummer Professional

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JohnB.GWU.:
damn those bump stops are cloooooooose. Whats the stock bumpstop distance vs. lifted. The ride has to suffer when they're like that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

bumpstops are supposed to be in contact with the lower a arm, it is part of the suspension dynamics, they touch on the stock height also, i didn't see a difference between the stock and lifted bumpstop heights, if it doesn't have enough downward pressure on the a arm you can get a very "spongy" feeling ride
Old 02-01-2006, 05:21 PM
Hummer Expert

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummerLV:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MarK M:
hi hummerlv... so if you air down, will those bolts hit the tires? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

max psi for the BFG MT is 50lbs i normally ride with around 37-40lbs, nice ride, i have been down to 25lbs with no problems, hate to go below that without beadlocks, 25 was a good footprint and very clingy... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thanks for the reply! Definately looking into this then!

timgco - what problems were you having? Where you airing down lower then 25psi?
Old 02-02-2006, 03:48 AM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

timgco - what problems were you having? Where you airing down lower then 25psi? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

18 or 20 psi is about what I was at. HummerLV has more clearance bewtween that knuckle than I did, or so it apears to have by the pics. I'm thinking my rim setup was wrong.

On mine, I was getting the "death wobble" at highway speeds and when airing down, i was getting the tire stuffing into the knuckle at certain angles. RIm set up was the issue for the steering knuckle. The "death wobble" was either alignment, Tbars not set properly or all of the above. There are a couple people on this forum that have this lift and it works great for them without issues. My truck was a whole different story wether it was the isntalltion or the integration of the kit, it's hard to say. If you are in CA, maybe you can have Rancho do this kit for you. I have talked with a person from Rancho about the issues I had. Without them seeing the truck in person, they couldn't tell me what the issues were caused by. They are wiling to even install a new kit on my truck and/ let me drive theirs to see what it should have driven like. This is/ was my daily driver and I couldn't afford to have my truck down. No truck = no work. So if I were to do it again, I would try to drive someone's lifted H3 or have an installer that has already done one with good success.

The kit components are tough! They make the stock parts look very weak. Also, Rancho is backing their kit too. They do monitor from time to time on this site, so if you have questions/ concerns, send them a PM.
Old 02-02-2006, 11:22 AM
Hummer Veteran

humvee is off the scale

Timgo, weren't you also diappointed on how much the tires stuck out or was it the fact that the rim offset was wrong? Would like to see some pics from the front of hummerlv's( looking straight at the vehicle) to see how much they stick out. I get enough crap on mine the way it is now!<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timgco:

timgco - what problems were you having? Where you airing down lower then 25psi? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

18 or 20 psi is about what I was at. HummerLV has more clearance bewtween that knuckle than I did, or so it apears to have by the pics. I'm thinking my rim setup was wrong.

On mine, I was getting the "death wobble" at highway speeds and when airing down, i was getting the tire stuffing into the knuckle at certain angles. RIm set up was the issue for the steering knuckle. The "death wobble" was either alignment, Tbars not set properly or all of the above. There are a couple people on this forum that have this lift and it works great for them without issues. My truck was a whole different story wether it was the isntalltion or the integration of the kit, it's hard to say. If you are in CA, maybe you can have Rancho do this kit for you. I have talked with a person from Rancho about the issues I had. Without them seeing the truck in person, they couldn't tell me what the issues were caused by. They are wiling to even install a new kit on my truck and/ let me drive theirs to see what it should have driven like. This is/ was my daily driver and I couldn't afford to have my truck down. No truck = no work. So if I were to do it again, I would try to drive someone's lifted H3 or have an installer that has already done one with good success.

The kit components are tough! They make the stock parts look very weak. Also, Rancho is backing their kit too. They do monitor from time to time on this site, so if you have questions/ concerns, send them a PM. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 02-02-2006, 11:28 AM
Hummer Professional

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by humvee:
Timgo, weren't you also diappointed on how much the tires stuck out or was it the fact that the rim offset was wrong? Would like to see some pics from the front of hummerlv's( looking straight at the vehicle) to see how much they stick out. I get enough crap on mine the way it is now! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i will snap some pics later today, they do stick out some, but does not seem excessive.

timgo, what size wheels did you go with, stock 16's?? remember i went with the 17's, maybe that played a part.

the death wobble was most likey an alignment and or wheel balance issue, i have been up to 90 in mine on our freeway and it was a nice as stock.
the wheels i have, have a backspace of 4.75 which is a little more than most, most are 4.5, i think stock is 5.0
Old 02-02-2006, 11:57 AM
Hummer Veteran

humvee is off the scale

Thanks hummerlv and by the way it looks great! Did you do the install?<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummerLV:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by humvee:
Timgo, weren't you also diappointed on how much the tires stuck out or was it the fact that the rim offset was wrong? Would like to see some pics from the front of hummerlv's( looking straight at the vehicle) to see how much they stick out. I get enough crap on mine the way it is now! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i will snap some pics later today, they do stick out some, but does not seem excessive.

timgo, what size wheels did you go with, stock 16's?? remember i went with the 17's, maybe that played a part.

the death wobble was most likey an alignment and or wheel balance issue, i have been up to 90 in mine on our freeway and it was a nice as stock.
the wheels i have, have a backspace of 4.75 which is a little more than most, most are 4.5, i think stock is 5.0 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 02-02-2006, 12:44 PM
Hummer Professional

Thanks hummerlv and by the way it looks great! Did you do the install? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thanks for the kind words, no i did not do the install, done by 4WPW, dealer said if install was done professionally it wont affect warranty.....also on the wheels and sticking out a little farther, remember that these wheels are 17x(9)some wheels are 17x(8)
Old 02-02-2006, 02:37 PM
Hummer Veteran

humvee is off the scale

If you don't mind me asking, and if you do thats ok too; what was the cost for lift and install? Decided to lift mine but not sure what kit to get just yet.<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummerLV:
Thanks hummerlv and by the way it looks great! Did you do the install? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thanks for the kind words, no i did not do the install, done by 4WPW, dealer said if install was done professionally it wont affect warranty.....also on the wheels and sticking out a little farther, remember that these wheels are 17x(9)some wheels are 17x(8) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 02-02-2006, 05:00 PM
Hummer Expert

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timgco:

The kit components are tough! They make the stock parts look very weak. Also, Rancho is backing their kit too. They do monitor from time to time on this site, so if you have questions/ concerns, send them a PM. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thanks timgco!