H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 12-20-2009, 02:06 PM
Hummer Expert

HummerMann is on a distinguished road
Default Coming Back to Hummer

Now that we've had one of our first good snowfalls in upstate NY (8 inches so far amd still snowing), one of my closest friends who sold his H2 a year ago when the economy was taking a dive called to ask if I knew of any good H2s for sale late last night.
This is the same guy that tells everyone how he loves his Honda CRV, gets 22 mpg with it, the SUV of the future blah blah blah - we've all heard that song! He's 60 miles north of Albany in a very rural area and probably snowed in, even with the CRV. It just won't hack it in the deep snow like an H2 even with AWD it's not a Hummer. I think the H2 does so well because of the aggressive factory tires (although a lot of us have aftermarket tires), superior ground clearance (so the frame isn't pushing the snow like a snow plow), locking axles, and a good bit of weight over those wheels for traction.
The news said some of the area hospitals are requesting 4 X 4 owners to call and take nurses and doctors in today. At times like these it's great to own a Hummer.

Hummer, like nothing else
Old 12-20-2009, 02:39 PM
Hummer Guru

OrangeCrush is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Coming Back to Hummer

I wish I could drive out in the snow to help others.... hell, I wish I could just drive in the snow.

I've always wanted to join one of those redcross help campaigns. I could do both if we had snow or some inclement weather.

I think you're right about coming back to Hummer. I sold my SUV about a year and a half ago.

I built a jeep and drove it for less than a week. A week later I had another SUT in my driveway.

There's a thread I started because I'm getting ready to do the diesel conversion. I was looking around this weekend and found a beautiful HD2500 lifted duramax. It's absolutely beautiful.

I figure I could get into it cheaper than I could doing the conversion. It was then pointed out by forum member Timgco that he did it once and regretted it.

Even my best friend said that I may like the engine for the first few months but it won't be long that I'll be regretting I didn't own an H2. He kindly reminded me what happened last time I got rid of my H2.

The more I think about it, though buying a truck is no muss, no fuss, it's just not the same and I'm afraid I'll be doing the same as your friend... coming back to Hummer.

Guess I'd better stick with what I have.

Mark
Old 12-20-2009, 05:24 PM
Hummer Expert

twr is on a distinguished road

hi HummerMann, i think we will get some of that snow in ontario to, but i hope not.

hi Mark, i guess you are seeing the light now. Its more work but i think you will be happy in the end with dmax h2.

2008 H2 SUV
Starr Hid projector headlights
Hid lights in the DRL bumper holes
Custom Alum. light bar, 2 Rigid Industries 10 inch Leds
MC2 Roof Light Bar
24 inch Starr 770 Hammer Rims
Gen 6 Lockpick
Gm bluetooth
Front + Rear Camera's

73 Duster 588 ci. B1 injected akly with NOS
Supercharged 2002 Harley, E Glide Classic
2005 Screamin Eagle, E Glide

http://twrbaggersplus.com/
Old 12-20-2009, 11:24 PM
Hummer Authority

Viet Nam Vette is an unknown quantity at this point

Funny You started this thread. I had 3 friends call me over the snow storm that needed to get out and couldn't. These are guys with all wheel drive and all the other hype they got along with the money they hannded over when they bought there cars.

Funny thing is ..thses are the same dudes that dissed my H2 and H3 when I had first bought them saying the standard this and that. I made them eat crow before I hung up and left for their houses. They all ate plenty.

I had to yank one guy out of his driveway entrance as he thought he was driving and Abrams Tank and could drive anywher with his fancy shmansy all wheel drive.

I guess he forgot he was driving a "Weener" Dog and the chassis was caught in the snow. After a good stretch of my 3 Inch Wide Recovery Strap his Weener car popped out of the snow and into the street.

Then I took him to the 7-11 for some back up food for him and the wife and Kids. It was a white out with at least 8 " on the ground ...unplowed!!

The H2 felt like it was on the dry street as we motored along...

Needless to say... He's now a HUMMER H2 Convert.
Old 12-21-2009, 12:15 AM
Hummer Expert

splne1 is on a distinguished road

Can you say "Put your foot in your mouth" LOL I will never go back from my H2 to another truck!!!