H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 06-22-2009, 06:53 PM
Hummer Novice

ken.j is on a distinguished road
Default H2 Fender Flares

Anyone have any suggestions as to the best brand of Fender Flares. I was going to get the E&G classic Wide EG5308-2400-03W but don't want to bore holes in the fender of our new vehicle . I am now considering the E&G 5308-2400-03, but the pics on their website look as if the ABS material is of a more shiny finish than the stock fenders flares and rocker panel cover.
Our vehicle is black so ideally I am looking for a set which I can fit without painting but also one where the fender flares will look the same as the remaining factory trim along the rocker panels.

As always, any and all suggestions much appreciated.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:20 PM
Hummer Professional

PaHumBug is on a distinguished road
Default Re: H2 Fender Flares

Gotta bump this thread. Saw a long thread about poor E&G customer service and expensive replacement parts that made me not want to go there. Anyone have any suggestions? Or has E&G gotten better since then? I don't mind putting holes in the fenders. Just want decent flares for a decent price.
Thanks
Old 10-06-2011, 09:55 PM
Hummer Professional

Humdingah is an unknown quantity at this point

Try SAE Parts on eBay as they have some fender flares available...similar to the LE fender flares but a little wider (3" if memory serves me) and they use 3M tape so you don't need to drill any holes.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:10 PM
Hummer Authority

guruerror is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdingah
Try SAE Parts on eBay as they have some fender flares available...similar to the LE fender flares but a little wider (3" if memory serves me) and they use 3M tape so you don't need to drill any holes.
That's my biggest gripe about these types of parts for our trucks...everything uses 3M tape. If I put something on the outside of my truck, I damn sure want it BOLTED on; cause I'm liable to knock it off. LOL!

Even the E&G flares use double stick if I remember correctly...they double stick to the existing flares then you bolt them to the truck. Still kind of a ghetto rig in my opinion.

I never did find a solid aftermarket flare that replaced the factory ones AND secured in, what I would consider, and acceptable manner. It's like everything on the market was just for 'looks.' I don't want rugged 'looks'...I just want rugged.

EDIT: Side note...SAE Parts on eBay has GREAT prices and customer service!
Old 10-07-2011, 02:58 AM
Hummer Expert

twr is on a distinguished road

Hi the Special Edition hummers that had the cut outs in the rocker panels for the side steps came with different flairs and they attach the same way as the stock flairs. They are about 1 inch wider and go up the body farther about 1 1/2 inch than stock. I put the SE rockers and flairs, that were painted gloss black, on my white truck from SAE parts, very nice people to deal with. I do like the way they look on my truck.

2008 H2 SUV
Starr Hid projector headlights
Hid lights in the DRL bumper holes
Custom Alum. light bar, 2 Rigid Industries 10 inch Leds
MC2 Roof Light Bar
24 inch Starr 770 Hammer Rims
Gen 6 Lockpick
Gm bluetooth
Front + Rear Camera's

73 Duster 588 ci. B1 injected akly with NOS
Supercharged 2002 Harley, E Glide Classic
2005 Screamin Eagle, E Glide

http://twrbaggersplus.com/
Old 10-07-2011, 03:00 PM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by guruerror
That's my biggest gripe about these types of parts for our trucks...everything uses 3M tape. If I put something on the outside of my truck, I damn sure want it BOLTED on; cause I'm liable to knock it off. LOL!

Even the E&G flares use double stick if I remember correctly...they double stick to the existing flares then you bolt them to the truck. Still kind of a ghetto rig in my opinion.

I never did find a solid aftermarket flare that replaced the factory ones AND secured in, what I would consider, and acceptable manner. It's like everything on the market was just for 'looks.' I don't want rugged 'looks'...I just want rugged.

EDIT: Side note...SAE Parts on eBay has GREAT prices and customer service!

E&G has stick on and bolt on I believe. Check this thread out: http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...ighlight=E%26G

My problem is that I've heard bad things about E&G, so I'm nervous to use them. I need the widest flares I can find so I don't think the LE's will work for me.
Old 12-29-2011, 05:31 PM
Hummer Expert

RasterMaster is an unknown quantity at this point

When I bought my 2003, the only extended flares to be found were Street Scene....

http://www.teakatoys.com/Hummer_H2_S...s-95059500.htm
Old 12-30-2011, 03:50 PM
Hummer Professional

These are the E&G's I'm looking at. They bolt on, they look good, the only problem is the poor customer service I've read about on here. I was hoping Santa would bring me a set, but he didn't.... I do have a birthday coming up though...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HUMMER-H2-OF...sories&vxp=mtr
Old 12-30-2011, 05:05 PM
Hummer Authority

guruerror is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaHumBug
These are the E&G's I'm looking at. They bolt on, they look good, the only problem is the poor customer service I've read about on here. I was hoping Santa would bring me a set, but he didn't.... I do have a birthday coming up though...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HUMMER-H2-OF...sories&vxp=mtr
I'm pretty sure those are the same ones pwrhse2k (Reggie) has. Once you get them on, what kind of customer service do you need? LOL! Reggie can prolly give you an idea of how well they hold up or if he's had any issues.
Old 12-30-2011, 06:59 PM
Hummer Professional

Well I heard that someone got two of the same piece and none of another piece and had a hard time getting them to exchange it. And someone else ripped off one of the rear mud flaps and E&G tried to charge them WAY too much for a replacement piece. I think it was close to half of the price for the whole kit.

Ahhh, found the thread: http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...ighlight=E%26G

I would like to here what Reggie has to say.
Old 12-31-2011, 12:25 AM
Hummer Veteran

pwrhse2k is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by guruerror
I'm pretty sure those are the same ones pwrhse2k (Reggie) has. Once you get them on, what kind of customer service do you need? LOL! Reggie can prolly give you an idea of how well they hold up or if he's had any issues.

You're absolutely right Brent, I have EG&G Fender Flares on my H2. Installation is a snap; just make sure you have a sharp drill bit for piloting the holes for the mounting screws. General fit and finish is nice and the color matches up nicely with the stock unpainted trim. If you don't wheel your truck you should have no reason to need after sale customer service support. I’ve had my flares on for 2 years without issue. Highly recommend the flares if you have a wheel offset of -24 or greater due to the road grime that gets thrown up from the tires because they extend past the wheel well. Go for it Mark!
Old 12-31-2011, 02:00 AM
Hummer Expert

[__--MUD--__] is on a distinguished road

Theres nothign wrong w/ a good 3m doublesided adhesive tape. Put that **** on a clean surface and it will never come off.

I'll be putting on my E&G flares this week!
Old 01-01-2012, 07:12 AM
Hummer Professional

H2Much is on a distinguished road

The only two out there for the H2 are the street scene and the E&G's. Not a fan of the costs of these things, but needed a wider flare to cover my 40's to pass inspection here in my state, so went with the E&G's. I can honestly say they are not bad, they look great. Came out nice and wide, look is the same as the factory flare so it matches up with the middle strip that runs below the doors. Kind of like the fact that they bolt on, can't really see how something that sticks out that far could hang on with double sided tape alone, so glad that they bolt on. Really like how they come around in the back and make up a mud flap around the rear bumper too. Haven't had to work with E&G at all for the customer service, but I am very pleased with how they turned out.
Sweet looking H2 with not enough mods (2003 Pewter H2, 20" Rockstars, 40"x15.5" Toyo MT's, E&G Extended Flares, Full body tube steel exoskeleton, 5" Skyjacker lift, Amp Research steps, Gobi Roofrack and ladders, Smoked LED's, AFe CAI, Dynatech long tubes and cats, Magnaflow exhaust, Stock tune, 4.88 gears, Chrome Grenade Shifter, interior blacked out, rear captains chairs, Solar Power!!)
Old 01-03-2012, 04:05 PM
Hummer Professional

Excellent feedback gentlemen! I'm going to pull the trigger, unless I can get someone to buy them for my birthday
Old 01-03-2012, 07:43 PM
Hummer Veteran

accely is on a distinguished road

Same here.. I need to order some of these So where is everyone ordering them from, or plan to? What's the best deal? Seems like 649$ is the cheapest I've found

pwrhse2k that green looks awesome with all the black!

Last edited by accely : 01-03-2012 at 08:14 PM.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:04 PM
Hummer Expert

2010_5thgen is on a distinguished road

642 free shipping
http://www.uniqueautodepot.com/E-amp...8-2400-03w.htm
Old 02-10-2012, 10:27 PM
Hummer Veteran

accely is on a distinguished road

Just ordered my flares! Will post pics when they arrive and I get them installed. Anyone else have recent pics of installation?
Old 02-11-2012, 08:00 AM
Hummer Expert

[__--MUD--__] is on a distinguished road

Old 02-13-2012, 01:46 AM
Hummer Professional

H2Much is on a distinguished road

Was going to post mine until I saw these. Mine look the same, nice job! Also, in case anyone asks, these do clear the Rubberduck 4x4 Treehugger. I thought I saw someone ask this question a while ago.
Sweet looking H2 with not enough mods (2003 Pewter H2, 20" Rockstars, 40"x15.5" Toyo MT's, E&G Extended Flares, Full body tube steel exoskeleton, 5" Skyjacker lift, Amp Research steps, Gobi Roofrack and ladders, Smoked LED's, AFe CAI, Dynatech long tubes and cats, Magnaflow exhaust, Stock tune, 4.88 gears, Chrome Grenade Shifter, interior blacked out, rear captains chairs, Solar Power!!)
Old 02-13-2012, 03:22 PM
Hummer Expert

2010_5thgen is on a distinguished road

do these match the factory black/grey plastic like the stock flares? they look a bit more glossy. i get alot of stuff flinging up all over my truck now just from rain. thinking about wider flares but i want it to match.