H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 02-24-2010, 05:29 AM
Hummer Veteran

pohlease is on a distinguished road
Default Re: AIR SUSPENSION Options!?!

I replaced my airbags and now my Service Air Suspension warning won't go away. Anyone find a permanent solution to this? I've already tried removing the fuse in the front left wheel well.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:50 AM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by pohlease
I replaced my airbags and now my Service Air Suspension warning won't go away. Anyone find a permanent solution to this? I've already tried removing the fuse in the front left wheel well.

Yep, depending on teh year, you either need a new pcm OR they reflash for 3 issues. I'll get you list when I get mine done. The Castlerock HUMMER dealer is going to do mine. 06 gets re-flashed.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:15 PM
Hummer Authority

Easy Ed is an unknown quantity at this point

Edit: Did you remove your bags for springs ? I have been reading through your post here and am a little confused. This post says you replaced your air bags, http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...t=38979&page=2 to me that means you had new air bags installed but I guess it could mean you replaced them with coil springs (sorry, I am a little slow on reading between the lines) . But, I went over to the "other" site you said that you put springs in, if that is the case, try unplugging the compressor control module in pic below, remove the relay completly under the fenderwell and disconnect the battery, the light should go out.

P.S. Nice looking truck from what I've seen at the other site.
Old 02-28-2010, 09:53 PM
Hummer Veteran

pohlease is on a distinguished road

Easy Ed thanks for keeping me in line. I actually posted and forgot to check to see if anyone replied. I don't see a picture in your post? My truck is a 2003. Thanks for the compliment on the looks. You should see it with my boat
Old 03-01-2010, 12:43 AM
Hummer Authority

Easy Ed is an unknown quantity at this point

My bad, I posted the wrong link, duh.

Try looking at the pic at the bottom of this post http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=38543

I will also edit my other one with the bad link/no pic. Edit: won't let me edit my own post ??

Good luck, Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by pohlease
Easy Ed thanks for keeping me in line. I actually posted and forgot to check to see if anyone replied. I don't see a picture in your post? My truck is a 2003. Thanks for the compliment on the looks. You should see it with my boat

Last edited by Easy Ed : 03-01-2010 at 12:47 AM.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:49 PM
Hummer Veteran

DuckTruck is on a distinguished road

Update time guys! Here's the deal.....

First, found out that one of my rear bags was about to fail (looked like it was sitting crooked under the truck), so I replaced them with coils.

Second, we left ALL of the electronics for the air ride suspension due to me wanting to still be able to use the rear cabin hook-up for tire inflation, etc.

Third, to avoid warning lights we unhooked nothing electrical. All my mechanic/buddy did was "dead head" the compressor.....in otherwords he cut the airline from the driver's side that was headed to the airbag and plugged it into the passenger's side compressor fitting.

Forth, the compressor (and all electronics therewith) are fooled into thinking the truck's rear ride height is always perfect. This also allows the rear cabin connection to still be used.

Fifth, only negative of this is that I loose the functionality of the rear "ride height" adjustment feature......very minor trade off (in my opinion) compared with the functionality of the coils vs. the bags.

Lastly, I have NO WARNING LIGHTS for the last 3 days and my compressor in the rear works perfectly and my coils are now bulletproof.

I highly recommend this to everyone. Let me know if any questions exist.

DUCK
2003 H2, Lux & Adv Packages, Cognito 3" front suspension lift, Gobi Stealth Rack w/ Ladder, Navigation, twin Optima battery setup, AirRaid Intake, Granatelli Mass Air Flow Sensor, Flowmaster Big Block II Exhaust, Diablosport Predator Programmer,Cognito Pitman/Idler Arm Kit, Fabtech Tie Rods, Rancho RS 9000 shocks, Warn bumper and 9.5x winch, Warn light bar, PIAA's everywhere (14), everything blacked out, and rollin' on 39.5" Super Swamper IROKs on black powdercoated stock wheels.
Old 03-09-2010, 07:03 PM
Hummer Expert

twenty2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckTruck
Just ordered 2 coil springs and 2 insulators from gmpartsdirect.com (they have the cheapest prices by the way).

The coils are part numbers 25956182 and 25956183 respectively.

The insulators are part number 15765071.

Total price for all was $217.60 shipped to my door.

DUCK

how long did it take to get to your door for shipping?
2003 H2 Lux Series. Murdered Out! 20x10 Eagle Wrapped with Nitto Mud Grapplers 35x12.5x20 Full tint including windshield, full LED interior, K&N Intake, HID Headlights & Fogs, Plasti Dip Skid plate & front/back Lower Bumpers, List goes on!
Old 03-09-2010, 08:10 PM
Hummer Veteran

If I remember correctly, 4-5 business days......maybe a week total, but I think less.

DUCK
2003 H2, Lux & Adv Packages, Cognito 3" front suspension lift, Gobi Stealth Rack w/ Ladder, Navigation, twin Optima battery setup, AirRaid Intake, Granatelli Mass Air Flow Sensor, Flowmaster Big Block II Exhaust, Diablosport Predator Programmer,Cognito Pitman/Idler Arm Kit, Fabtech Tie Rods, Rancho RS 9000 shocks, Warn bumper and 9.5x winch, Warn light bar, PIAA's everywhere (14), everything blacked out, and rollin' on 39.5" Super Swamper IROKs on black powdercoated stock wheels.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:18 AM
Hummer Novice

thibble is on a distinguished road

Strutmasters factory is 40 minutes from me so I'm getting the strutmaster coils tomorrow.

http://www.strutmasters.com/Hummer-H...t-p/-h2-r1.htm

Thats the kit. Doesn't come with insulators and they say you don't need 'm...dunno...should I just get a set of insulators anyway??

thibble.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:43 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thibble
Strutmasters factory is 40 minutes from me so I'm getting the strutmaster coils tomorrow.

http://www.strutmasters.com/Hummer-H...t-p/-h2-r1.htm

Thats the kit. Doesn't come with insulators and they say you don't need 'm...dunno...should I just get a set of insulators anyway??

thibble.

I would add the insulators.....don't see what it would hurt as it keeps metal off of metal.

DUCK
Old 03-17-2010, 03:11 AM
Hummer Guru

OrangeCrush is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckTruck
Ed,

I figured out the discrepancy on the coil part numbers. According to their website: "This part has been replaced by a new part number. The new part number will be used if you add this part to your cart."

Thus, when I entered your part number, the spring came up, but when I added it to my cart, the number I provided shows up. So, it appears that your part number has been succeeded by the one I listed earlier.

Thanks again,

DUCK

Is the succession the reasoning? GM's part numbers obviously are differentiated by even numbers being the part on the pass. side and odd ending numbers on the left even if they are identical.

Just wondering...

Mark