H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 07-22-2005, 06:46 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally posted by geauxturbo:
That guy is about the nicest fella you'll ever meet. I don't believe the sticker is still on his rig...different rocker guards now. Anyway, I guarantee if you want to have a good time off-road, follow that fella whether you're in an H2, a Kia, or a Tube Buggy. Or if you have an H2 feel free to join LA4x4 if you're in Louisiana because I've seen only a glimpse of one offroad and that was in Texas at BMRA.

Oh, and saw the video....while well done, I wasn't impressed Just wheel it.
He was a nice guy. My wife got him to pose in his jeep so she could get a couple of those pictures. I also got him and others going up on the articulation rack. I think he won. This was at Red Creek down in south Mississippi a while ago.
Old 07-22-2005, 06:47 PM

DrMoab is off the scale

Quote:
Oh, no, you didn't. You had to go there with the Rubi owners, huh? Now it's on. You're classifying me with these H2 owners? H2 owners are all a bunch of white collar, huge house owning, MILF-having, Rolex-wearing, asshats. Oh, wait, I just described myself ... except mine's a Tag, not a Rolex.

Making assumptions about anyone based on the vehicle they drive is risky business. Now, making an assumption based on HOW they drive it ... that's another matter.
Now be careful Just like I said about hummer owners...Its not ALL Rubi owners. Just the fact that there are lots of them out there.
Old 07-22-2005, 06:48 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

geauxturbo,

Give it time, all the other brands you mentioned have been out a lot longer than the H2.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 07-22-2005, 06:51 PM

geberhard is off the scale

No,

I think a lot of you are missing the point here... Dennis did a video bashing other rigs. It is a childish mine is bigger than yours thing. he took the time to build something one sided and edited stuff to his point, (farenheit 911 anyone?)

liek was said before, we, wheelers and 4x4 enthusiats of all kind do not need more "anti" this and that, and acting like a kid will just make the argument weaker, specially since a bunch of people here know the video was one sided. I think it is sad that one can take the time to create a video with trash talk on another, whoever it is, whichever side the person is. I think it is pretty lousy that someone who thinks he\she is so hot would do something so low, maybe he has some complex of inferiority that buying a certain rig helps him feel good about himself? I can not help with that I actually saw what Dennis put together as funny, a long as you can see things from both sides, and you know a bit more than what was posted.

We need more people coming together than wasting time on mine is better than yours. Acting like kindengarten kids often seems to be the norm, all over the web, and all over many boards. Heck even within the jeeping community there is trash talk on Rubicon owners, or making fun at teh Jp liberty. Even among the Hummer and HWMVV community there is trash talk about H2's being yuppie Hummers and H1's and HWMVV. There will always be trash talking, but I think things need to be put in perspective, laughed at, and so on. Again, there are issues with wheeling that seem more important, trail closures, bad rep on wheeling community, and sadly, not much is being done about it, not even an effort to put a video together that could actually help the community instead of breaking it more apart. We (wheelers) are fighting to keep trails open, but at the same time, like a bud mentiooned today, we wheelers are the ones that will eventually be the cause for their closures. Sad but true...

On another note, I actually will have soon Hummer parts in my Jeep :

Gui
Old 07-22-2005, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by wilfred:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alec W:
geberhard, is there a point to this or are you just practicing your posting skills?

I can’t figure out if you are a retard or or just plain mad at us, so I’ll go with retard.

I would say you need to flip burgers for another 5 years before you are even worthy of being in the presence of the great Dennis

Retard he is, i don't think he understands the meaning of the video. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

which is?
Old 07-22-2005, 06:54 PM
Elcova Rookie

geauxturbo is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by PARAGON:
He was a nice guy. My wife got him to pose in his jeep so she could get a couple of those pictures. I also got him and others going up on the articulation rack. I think he won. This was at Red Creek down in south Mississippi a while ago.

Yup...RedCreek it was. He blew those monoleaf springs out at BMRA. Blew em both up at the same time. He went with a regular SOA and changed up some other stuff on his Yj. He pays alot of attention to detail. Real nice rig.

I'm sure I'll get in line with an H1, H2, or H3 eventually..... just be nice if I could coeherce someone into coming out this weekend
Old 07-22-2005, 06:56 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

geberhard,

The video was made as a joke and it was only made as a reaction to the constant H2 bashing.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 07-22-2005, 06:56 PM
Elcova Rookie

Quote:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:

Yup...RedCreek it was. He blew those monoleaf springs out at BMRA. Blew em both up at the same time. He went with a regular SOA and changed up some other stuff on his Yj. He pays alot of attention to detail. Real nice rig.

I'm sure I'll get in line with an H1, H2, or H3 eventually..... just be nice if I could coerce someone into coming out this weekend </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 07-22-2005, 07:08 PM

HummerNewbie,

That is what I mentioned in my posting above. However that does not seem to be how it is being portrayed.... based on the argument here and posting this in a Jeep Forum with the goal to create conflict... sucks...
Old 07-22-2005, 07:10 PM
Hummer Expert

Marcmedic is an unknown quantity at this point

But how many times have people from your forum been over here bashing H2's? The tie-rod video, the pics from accidents...And just about every one said they'd never seen an H2 off road. Well, the video shows them off road. But somehow I don't think you guys will stop.
Old 07-22-2005, 07:16 PM
Hummer Professional

wilfred is off the scale

First he posted a punch of pics which he thinks are some sort of retaliation? Now he is trying to make sense out of it? Or at least that's the understanding I got from his poorly written response...

And afterall this, the saddest part is I still don't think he understand the video!
Old 07-22-2005, 07:20 PM
Hummer Professional

wilfred is off the scale

Quote:
Originally posted by HummerNewbie:
geberhard,

The video was made as a joke and it was only made as a reaction to the constant H2 bashing.

Thanks HummerNewbie.
Old 07-22-2005, 07:25 PM
Elcova Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Marcmedic:
But how many times have people from your forum been over here bashing H2's? The tie-rod video, the pics from accidents...And just about every one said they'd never seen an H2 off road. Well, the video shows them off road. But somehow I don't think you guys will stop.

I'll give you an example of one reason why I don't think you see many off-road. For instance, on this board...I just browsed around casualy for 4x4 clubs (not just h2 specific). I see none. I mean there is one in Louisiana...apparently in Shreveport. So, say some noob is looking to wheel. Does he know LA4x4 is in Baton Rouge and rides often? We're open to all 4x4s. Finding land to ride in Louisiana is not an easy task. Now, in Shreveport its a short drive to BMRA or Hot Springs. But further south you best chance to ride is to join up with us and hit private land that we have been able to get permission to ride or to make a road trip with the club.

Certainly there are Jeep only clubs, but there are a ton more that are non-jeep specific. Down here you could ride with AWOL, Delta 4x4, and Louisiana 4x4. You could even hook up with Bayou Jeepers in Shreveport...their name says Jeepers in it, but they wheel with other types of rigs.

We had the Louisiana Offroaders Expo last weekend. Not a single Hummer showed up. Probably because none knew about it. Sure, you'd be with about 50 or more Jeeps, but off-road is off-road regardless of what you're wheeling with.
Old 07-22-2005, 07:25 PM

Mudinyeri is off the scale

Quote:
Originally posted by DrMoab:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
Oh, no, you didn't. You had to go there with the Rubi owners, huh? Now it's on. You're classifying me with these H2 owners? H2 owners are all a bunch of white collar, huge house owning, MILF-having, Rolex-wearing, asshats. Oh, wait, I just described myself ... except mine's a Tag, not a Rolex.

Making assumptions about anyone based on the vehicle they drive is risky business. Now, making an assumption based on HOW they drive it ... that's another matter.
Now be careful Just like I said about hummer owners...Its not ALL Rubi owners. Just the fact that there are lots of them out there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm only giving you a hard time about the Rubi stereotype.

There are plenty of whining web wheelers and asshats to go around for every make, model and year.
Old 07-22-2005, 07:35 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

I LOVE THIS FORUM!!!!!!

I see a few here that STILL haven't gotten the true message of my video. So be it.

ROCK ON!!!!!

My Video Collectionez

Old 07-22-2005, 07:38 PM
Elcova Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by PARAGON:

Well, when you get it finished, come find us online and see what we're up to then come ride. http://www.louisianaoffroaders.com or http://www.la4x4.com
Old 07-22-2005, 07:48 PM

from my forum? I do not even know what you are talking baout "my forum" ah, I forgot, You rapidly classify me as someone from a "Jeep" forum.

I did not post pics for retaliation, I posted pics that show the same exact thing that Dennis video bashed on his nicely edited video. Teh video is posted on big boys and other areas online, so I did not se eit at a jeep forum.

Teh video was made as a bash, not as a joke. If it was a joke the wise edits would not be there. Making a H2, Jeep , or any other rig failing is not that hard. Editing to proove a point is just lame and weak. Teh same video "Dennis the beast" did could have been done with any rig bashing another rig, not that hard, specially since there is plenty of material on H2's getting stuck on easy stuff:

Thsi one was funny as well, H2 stuck on a stump:

video:

http://www.chaosboyz.nl/images/justf...h2stumper.mpeg

other video:
http://airmissle.com/hummer/roll.wmv
and so on. So if you read at all what i said, you would understand that I am not posting stuff up to bash any rig, and am not jumping on any bandwagon, as some are here. Again, read my longer response again....

Gui
Old 07-22-2005, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DennisAJC:
I LOVE THIS FORUM!!!!!!

I see a few here that STILL haven't gotten the true message of my video. So be it.

ROCK ON!!!!!

You are funny So what is teh message for those of us who still do not get it? Maybe flipping more burgers will shed the light... Hmm also not sure what you have against burger flippers, do you just do not like everyone? Maybe you should relax, go hav a burger...
Old 07-22-2005, 07:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marcmedic:

I'll give you an example of one reason why I don't think you see many off-road. For instance, on this board...I just browsed around casualy for 4x4 clubs (not just h2 specific). I see none. I mean there is one in Louisiana...apparently in Shreveport. So, say some noob is looking to wheel. Does he know LA4x4 is in Baton Rouge and rides often? We're open to all 4x4s. Finding land to ride in Louisiana is not an easy task. Now, in Shreveport its a short drive to BMRA or Hot Springs. But further south you best chance to ride is to join up with us and hit private land that we have been able to get permission to ride or to make a road trip with the club.

Certainly there are Jeep only clubs, but there are a ton more that are non-jeep specific. Down here you could ride with AWOL, Delta 4x4, and Louisiana 4x4. You could even hook up with Bayou Jeepers in Shreveport...their name says Jeepers in it, but they wheel with other types of rigs.

We had the Louisiana Offroaders Expo last weekend. Not a single Hummer showed up. Probably because none knew about it. Sure, you'd be with about 50 or more Jeeps, but off-road is off-road regardless of what you're wheeling with. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>No one here has said that you don't see them off-road. Compared to the number of Jeeps and other vehicles sold, I don't think 100K H2s have been sold since their introduction yet. That's 100K worldwide.

Now, more directly to your comment. There is not a single person I know in my area that owns a H2 and wheels. I can't remember how many my dealer has sold around here but the number is high for the population and we can't have real Hummer Happenings because no one will truly take the H1s or H2s off-road. But that has nothing to do with the vehicle's capabilites and us who do take ours out and get rock rash.

I am going to try this again. Mine entire dash is sitting in the back of my truck right now or I would try to hook up with you guys. I'm down at my ranch right now and my H2 looks like the pic below and I have no idea how long it will be that way. I have a tendancy to take forever on projects like this. I'll look into joining your clubs (I didn't know about them) just to get notice of your events since we don't have anything around here.

Old 07-22-2005, 07:52 PM
Banned

Damn groupee ****, my pictures won't show up